I’M BAAAACK – back preaching this Sunday that is! Actually, I haven’t been anywhere. I’ve been right here with you each week and together we got to hear some great messages from Chris Jones, Ryan Spell, and last week from Galen Moyer. As your Pastor it’s so encouraging to know that there are so many capable and qualified people here to share God’s word and that our church won’t miss a beat, that this church is not built on me and my personality and my preaching, but that it’s built on Jesus and on the eternal word of God.
But what I have been doing these last 3 weeks is preparing our church for what I believe is going to be one of the most exciting seasons of growth in the history of our church – our church wide “Daring Faith” Campaign that kicks off on Sunday morning, September 22nd! Don’t miss out on what God is going to do in our church and in your life personally this Fall. If you haven’t already done so, make sure you sign up for one of the Daring Faith Campaign Information Meetings! We have 13 different meetings to choose from – different days and times. We’re also providing childcare & food at all of them. We’re doing everything we can to make it easy and convenient for everyone to attend just one of these meetings. It’s at these meetings that you’ll receive your Daring Faith packet, coloring book, offering bank, and commitment card. We’ll explain the campaign, what we’re going to build, and how you can be a part of it. You can sign up 1 of 4 ways: on your Connect Card on Sunday, at the Daring Faith Campaign Table in the back of the auditorium, respond to this email, or directly from our website.
Speaking of “Daring Faith”, this Sunday our “Daring Faith” LIFE Group Catalog will be available. We have 36 different Groups meeting all over Charleston on every day of the week! All of our Groups are studying the same thing this semester, so what you are signing up for is day of the week and location. And I’ll let you in on a little secret – YOU CAN CHECK OUT ALL THE GROUPS AND SIGN UP ONLINE NOW!
Next Sunday, August 25th is LIFE Group Sunday! LIFE Group Sunday is kind of like a College Fair or Job Fair. There will be a big tent outside on our campus filled with 36 Tables representing all the different LIFE Groups this semester. You’ll be able to meet the leaders, meet other people signing up for your group, and enjoy some great snacks! And most importantly, you’ll be able to sign up for a Group! Don’t miss it!
Also next Sunday, August 25th, during both services Coastal Kidz is having a Back to School Party in our 3 year old – 5th Grade classes. Rising 1st Graders will also move into the 1st-5th Grade Class located in the Children’s Auditorium.
And speaking of Back to School, as school supplies go on sale, it’s a great time to grab extras for our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes! Most needed items are pencils, erasers, manual pencil sharpeners, pens, crayons, small composition notebooks, solar powered calculators, rulers, glue sticks (no liquid glue), and pencil cases. You can drop the donations off at the OCC Collection Box in the back of the auditorium.
I want to thank everyone who took home a blue fabric Coastal bag to replenish our Community Food Bank. Every single bag was taken! Simply fill the bag with food and bring it with you to church on Sunday.
Daring to Step Out In Faith With You!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- Our new Associate Pastor, Scott Huff, will be leading our College & Young Adults (18-25) to this year’s Passion Conference, Dec. 31 – Jan. 2 in Atlanta, GA! What an awesome way to usher in the New Year! The total cost for the trip is $200 due by Sept. 15. The cost will go up to $230 after Sept. 15. That cost includes conference, travel, & lodging
(food is the only additional cost). If you’re interested in going and would like more information, please contact Scott Huff at email@example.com. You can also reserve your spot today from our website!
- One of the aspects of our “Daring Faith” Campaign that we are most excited about is the way it involves everyone – even our children. Our children will participating in a “Daring Faith” curriculum in Coastal Kidz that goes along with what I’ll be preaching and what our Groups will be studying. On top of all that, we’ll be providing a “Daring Faith” Coloring Book for every child. If you are working on a page for our Coloring Book, don’t forget that your pages are due this Sunday, August 18th.
- Interested in formalizing your commitment to Coastal and officially making our church, your church family? Our next Membership Class is THIS Saturday morning (tomorrow), August 17th 9am-12noon. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website or byresponding to this email.
- Rising 6th Graders Party – Wednesday, August 21st. Meet at Skyzone in Mt. Pleasant. Event begins at 6:00pm, goes till 7:00pm and includes jump time and pizza. Great time for student to meet other new students and leaders and for parents to hear from adult leaders, student leaders and youth staff about Waves Student Ministry. FREE!
And don’t forget that WAVES Wednesdays resume on Wednesday, September 4th, 6pm at the church!
- Chair Set-up has begun! We (volunteers) set up the chairs in the auditorium each Saturday morning at 9am (except for the 1st Saturday of each month – Saturday Serve does it at 8:30am). It’s a great way to get some exercise, meet other people, and serve our church all at the same time! We could definitely use volunteers to help. If you are interested in being part of our “chair ministry”, please reach out to Joey Broach at 843-901-6455.
P.S.Many of you have watched our services LIVE Online! But have you tried giving online? Your consistent, faithful, generous giving enables our church to make its IMPACT! It’s easy, safe, and secure! You can give through our website, our App (yes, we have a FREE App), or TEXT any amount to 843-277-8337! Try it today!