Well, Teachers have made their way back to their classrooms and Students will be joining them on Wednesday! One of the things that I look forward to every year is seeing all the first day of school pictures! No matter what school looks like for you this year – public, private, charter, homeschool, college – will you join me in praying for our Teachers, Students, and Parents?
So, have you signed up for a LIFE Team yet? For the month of August, we’ve made a huge push to get everyone at Coastal serving on a LIFE Team. Today, I’d like to make a plug for our Security Team. You’re probably aware that we typically have 2 City of Charleston Police Officers on our campus on Sunday mornings – one in Coastal Kidz and one in front of our Auditorium. But did you know that we also have a Security Team? No one can prevent every situation or scenario from taking place. However, people want to know, have you reasonably done everything you can to help provide a safe and secure environment for them and their children. Simply put, that’s what we are trying to do at Coastal through our Security Team. As our church continues to grow and expand, we need more and more volunteers in this important Ministry.
The Security Team is led by Bryan Miller, a former SC State Trooper. If you are interested in learning more about the Security Team and possibly volunteering, you can respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card or at the LIFE Team Sign-Up Table on Sunday, email Bryan directly at email@example.com, or call him at 843-296-2991. There is an important Security Team Meeting on Wednesday, August 25th at 6:30pm, at the church. This meeting is for all current Team Members or those interested in joining the Team!
And speaking of important LIFE Team meetings, there will be a First impressions Team Training on Monday, August 30 at 7:00pm. Please email Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are coming! This will be a great time to meet Pastor Scott and Chris Ranew, hear about why First Impressions is so important, learn some of the positions that we need the most help with, learn the roles/duties of these positions, and how you can get involved (plus you’ll get a tour of our new facility). Mark it on your calendar and tell us you’re coming!
And last, but not least, join us tomorrow morning over at Orange Grove Middle School at 8am for Coastal Kidz Setup. When that’s done we head over to our auditorium (around 8:30/8:45am) for Chair Setup. And then you might as well stick around and help us get ready for the Pink House Tailgate Party, Clothing Distribution, & BACK TO SCHOOL BASH!
I Love You Coastal!
- In addition to all the ways that you can give to our church – our website, our app, in-person offering envelope, texting (843-277-8337), giving kiosk – you can now use our Venmo account! Our business username is: @coastalcommunitychurchCHS.
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
PINK House – The PINK House is a community center in the Ardmore subdivision in West Ashley. We are going to be putting on a community Tailgate Party, Clothing Distribution, & BACK TO SCHOOL BASH, Saturday, August 14th, 10am-1pm.
Tricounty Family Ministries – We will be assisting with their Emergency Grocery Distribution, Wednesday, August 18th, 9am-1pm. Meet at: 2105 Cosgrove Ave. North Charleston.
Patriot Villas Veterans Tailgate – We will be putting on a Tailgate for the Patriot Villas, Thursday, August 26th, 5:30pm-8pm. Meet at church Welcome Center.
If you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- The new school year would be a great time to checkout “Ramsey+”. Simply because you are a part of Coastal, you have access to ALL of Dave Ramsey’s best selling resources and tools FREE! This includes 5 classes (Financial Peace, Legacy Journey, Smart Money Smart Kids, the Jump Start Course and a new Budgeting course), the Everydollar+ budgeting tool, and a host of other resources designed to help families track their progress through the baby steps. If you were to sign up for this on your own it would cost $130. NOT NOW! All of that and more will be FREE for our entire church! You’ll have access to everything at your own pace, on your own schedule. Simply go to this link and sign up today!
- Attention all Coastal Kidz Volunteers or those interested in serving! There will be a Training on Saturday, August 14, 10am-11:30am, OR Monday, August 23, 6:30pm-8pm. All volunteers need to attend just one. We will meet in the worship auditorium, but we will not have childcare because we don’t have a place for it yet. This will be a great time for us to pray, plan, and prepare for all that God has in store for Coastal KIdz as we move into our new facility hopefully in September. Plus you can get a sneek peek at our new facility! This is also a great time for returning or new volunteers to get connected in Children’s Ministry at Coastal. All volunteers need to attend just one meeting, but we’re offering it twice to accommodate everyone. If you have any questions or to RSVP for a Training time, please reach out to Janet Rollins at email@example.com or 843-442-8299.
- The last Student Ministry Event of the Summer – BOWLING NIGHT – is this Sunday night, 6:30pm-8:30pm August 15th (meet at Ashley Lanes)! The event is FREE! Waves Student Ministry is back and kicking off its Fall semester on Wednesday, September 8. Doors will open at 6pm and all students 6th-12th grade are invited to come out and join in a night of fellowship and growth. Food, games, worship, a Biblical message and small groups are all apart of a Wednesday night at Waves Student Ministry so invite and bring a friend. For any questions, reach out to Pastor Ryan Spell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. Fall LIFE Group Leader Training! Attention all LIFE Group Leaders, Assistants, and Hosts: RSVP on your Connect Card for a Training Session on either Tuesday, August 24th, 6:30pm-8pm OR Saturday, August 28th, 10am-11:30am. Both sessions will be offered online or in-person. Fall LIFE Groups kick off the week of September 19th. If you have any questions you can also reach out to Pastor Scott Huff at email@example.com.