This Sunday, I’ll be closing out our “Living In Victory” series through the 23rd Psalm. I’ll be talking about living in victory over fear – specifically, fearing the future. Let me ask you a question. When you face the future, what do you see? Do you look at it with eyes of doubt? With eyes of fear? With eyes of cynicism, expecting the worst? You have two choices in life. You can either face the future with fear, expecting the worst. Or you can face the future with confidence, expecting God to be with you and His goodness and His mercy to follow you all the days of your life. Psalm 23:6, “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” It is amazing how much better life gets when you start to actively look for God’s goodness and mercy in every experience. It will change your life. Don’t miss this Sunday!
It’s been a great start to “Summer of IMPACT”! Already we’ve had Teams of Volunteers help two different Graduations at our campus, pack meals for the Ronald McDonald House, put on a Tailgate Party for our friends at Joseph Floyd Manor, and later this morning we’ll be providing coffee & doughnuts to the Vets at Patriot Villas. And that’s just over the last 3 days! But we’re just getting started! There’s still plenty of different projects to be a part of. Simply click on this link: Summer of IMPACT, take a look at all the different opportunities, find the project(s) right for you, and then sign up today!
One great opportunity tomorrow is Saturday Serve! We meet at the church at 8:30am, hear a “pitch” from the leaders of the different projects that day, pray, and you pick what you want to do and go serve. It’s THAT easy! And it’s the backbone of all our serving at Coastal. We would love to see you in the morning!
Don’t forget that we kick-off “AT THE MOVIES” on Sunday, June 12th! “At the Movies” is where we take current or popular movies and use them as a hook to talk about spiritual truth. The movies we are using this year are: “Dr. Strange”, “Elvis”, “Jurassic World”, “Top Gun: Maverick”, “Minions: The Rise of Gru”, and “Where the Crawdads Sing.” ALL 1st Time Guests will receive FREE Movie Tickets to Citadel Mall Theater (and the person who invited them – YOU) throughout the entire series. There will be popcorn, movie trailers, and cool giveaways! Make sure you pick up the microwave popcorn invite tool this weekend to invite your friends to the series. I love YOU, I love being your Pastor, I love what we get to do together, and I can’t wait to see you at Saturday Serve and again on Sunday!
LIFE & LOVE!
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
Summer of IMPACT!!!! – Summer of IMPACT has officially begun! It’s a month-long effort (the entire month of June) where we as a church saturate our community with the love of Jesus through simple acts of service. There is something for everyone – from serving through our existing partnerships with non-profit organizations all over Charleston like the Lowcountry Food Bank, Soldiers Angels, the Ronald McDonald House, Carolina Youth Development Center, Charleston Vets, The Pink House, Patriots Villas, and Lowcountry Orphan Relief, to sewing lap throws for the residents of Joseph Floyd Manor, to feeding, clothing, and bringing supplies to literally hundreds of hungry, hurting, and homeless people all over Charleston. There are opportunities nearly every day of the month. You simply sign-up and then show-up. It’s that easy. Every project has a leader and every project is well-organized.
So here’s what I am asking you to do RIGHT NOW:
Click on this link: https://coastalcommunitychurch.org/missions/
Take a look at all the opportunities. Find the project(s) right for you and then sign up today! You can sign up for as many opportunities as you want directly from our website.
As always, if you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- If you would like your family to participate in the Baby/Child Dedication on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 19th, please respond to this email. Include the child’s full name and the service you will be attending. Coastal’s Baby Dedication is a special time for our parents and children. The purpose of our Baby Dedication is not for the child’s salvation. It is more of a prayer/renewal time for the parents as they commit to raise their child the way God wants them to and a time of prayer for the child to grow to be the man or woman God has called them to be. It is also a time for our church family to commit to you, the parents, to be the support that you need. Most people think of a Baby Dedication as just for our newborns, but we’ve had all different ages participate. If you’ve never had that special prayer time for you and your child, we’d love for you to sign up and participate.
- We are planning our Annual BEACH BAPTISM out at Folly Beach County Park on Sunday, June 12th, at 5pm. You can sign up for it on our website. The only requirement for Baptism is that you have personally given your life to Jesus. Baptism is a public profession of your faith. At Coastal we call it “going public,” and it’s a great celebration! In fact, the whole church is invited out to Folly to celebrate! If you’re unable to participate in our Beach Baptism, remember at Coastal we’re ready for you to get Baptized any service, any Sunday. If you are interested in getting Baptized simply respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card, or sign up on our website.
- Summer for Coastal Student Ministry is officially here! Check out the calendar above for all the fun things planned as well as a weekly Bible study through the book of James! If you have any questions, please reach out to our Youth Pastor, Jacob Bonetti – email@example.com or . It’s going to be a great Summer for our Students!
- We are so excited about Vacation Bible School at Coastal this year! After COVID & Construction, VBS is back and will be better than ever in our brand new facility! The dates & times for VBS this year are Monday, July 11th – Friday, July 15th, 6pm-8pm! This year’s theme is “Make Waves – What you do today, can change the world around you!” VBS at Coastal is ALL HANDS ON DECK! In other words, it takes EVERYONE to pull off a great VBS for our church and our community. There will be greeters, security, snacks, registration, teachers, games, worship, decorations, nursery, crafts – in other words, something for EVERYONE! If you are interested in serving in any capacity, please go to our website and sign up today! To register your child, ages 4 year olds – 5th Grade, go to https://coastalcommunitychurch.org/vbs/ and sign them up today! If you have any questions, contact Janet Rollins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-442-8299
P.S. Interested in officially making the Coastal church family, your church family? Our next Membership Class is Monday night, June 6th, 6-8:30pm. You can respond to this email, sign up on our website, or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. You can join us either in-person or online through Zoom.
P.S.S. You are invited to attend the Charleston Riverdogs game on Sunday, July 31 at 5pm with your Coastal family! Tickets are FREE but MUST BE reserved ahead of time by providing your email and number of tickets needed on your Connect Card or to Pastor Scott at email@example.com so that the digital tickets may be forwarded to your email. Please reach out to Pastor Scott with any questions.