First of all, I just want to thank everyone for all the prayers for my knee surgery yesterday! If you didn’t see my Facebook post, I had surgery to repair a torn meniscus and ACL. The surgery went great and now I’m home recovering! The doctor said to stay off my knee for a couple of days and then not to do anything high impact for about 2 weeks until the sutures come out. Then I should be good to go, back in the gym, and doing all the things that I enjoy! So please keep praying for a speedy recovery! Right now my plans are to be in church on Sunday. The good news is that Pastor Scott was already scheduled to preach (that way I don’t have to walk up and down the steps of the stage).
Make sure if you’re watching our services online that you tune in early – 9:15am & 11am – to watch our little “LIVE Pre Worship Service Show!” We started it this past Sunday and already learned a few things to improve it for this week. It’s our way to keep everyone online engaged and informed. Each week we’ll introduce/interview someone from Coastal, let you know about upcoming events, and as always, have a lot of fun.
I’m really excited to tell you about our next sermon series after “At the Movies!” On Sunday, July 12th, along with about 20+ churches in the Charleston area we’re going to be doing a 3 week series called, “UNDIVIDED.” Each week we’re all going to be looking at a different part of Micah 6:8, “He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?” It’s going to be a great unifying series for the entire Charleston community as we listen & learn and continue the conversation about unity, racial harmony, and being a voice for the voiceless for the world around us. As always – don’t miss it!
Thanks again for all the love – the texts, messages, and most importantly the prayers! It all means so much to me and Janet!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- One of the changes you’ve probably noticed since we opened up our building is that we are no longer handing out Bulletins (Announcement Sheet, Connect Card, Offering Envelope, etc.). We put a Connect Card & Offering Envelope in the seat pocket of each chair. However, the easiest way to stay connected, see all the announcements, listen to our messages, and fill out a Connect Card, is through our App. Yes, if you didn’t already know it, Coastal has a FREE App you can download for your phone or mobile device. Download it today from your App Store! If you’re searching for it, make sure you search for “Coastal Community Church of Charleston or Coastal CC Charleston” (There are other Coastal Community Churches around the country). If it’s been a while since you checked out the App, open it up! We’ve updated it and made some improvements!
- New to Coastal? Join us THIS Saturday morning, June 27th, at 9am for an ONLINE Zoom Newcomers Meeting that we’re calling “Coffee with Coastal.” Join us virtually from the comfort of your own home to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people, and discover next steps. RSVP online or on your Connect Card. You can also simply respond to this email and let us know that you’ll be attending (we will send you the Zoom link).
- Did you know that Coastal has a YouTube Channelwhere you can watch all of our past services – complete with worship & sermons? Check it out and subscribe today! Our YouTube Channel is going to be a great place to post new construction updates when our building gets started.
- At some point later this Summer our Coastal Kidz Children’s Ministry will be GOING PORTABLE and meeting across the street at Orange Grove Middle School (where everyone parks). One of the ways that you can help is to join a new Ministry Team called “Coastal Kidz Set-Up Team.” Our Set-Up Team will be the ones who unload our trailer (located behind Orange Grove) and set up our Coastal Kidz Classrooms and environments on Sunday mornings before church and then break down everything and load up the trailer after both services are over. If you are interested in serving on this team you can respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday.
- The Operation Christmas Child “donation of the month” for June are balls, soccer balls, pumps. You can now drop off OCC items at church on Sunday mornings or during the week. If you have any questions, please reach out to Teresa Spell.
P.S. Interested in officially making Coastal your church family! Sign up for the next Membership Class! And for our next Membership Class, we’re going to do something we’ve never done before – we’re going to offer BOTH a virtual online & in-person Membership class simultaneously! It’s going to be Saturday morning, July 11th, 9am-11:30am. You can sign up on your Connect Card on Sundays or right now from our website.