It’s hard to believe, but this next week is the LAST WEEK OF SUMMER OF IMPACT! It truly has been an amazing month! I can’t thank our Pastor of Outreach, Chris Jones and his awesome group of Project Leaders, enough for all their hard work! They have all done an amazing job! And I can’t thank all of you – those of you who have volunteered – enough for your humble, willing service! You truly are the heroes of our church! I hope you discovered what we always say – that YOU were blessed by the experience! But don’t think for a minute that just because Summer of IMPACT is over that serving comes to a halt here at Coastal! Serving our community is part of the DNA of our church. Continue to check out our website, my Friday 5, and our announcement sheet, & Connect Card for regular & upcoming opportunities to serve all year round. If serving during Summer of IMPACT was a first for you, don’t let it be the last time you serve. The need is always great and our ability to to make an IMPACT is only dictated by our availability. So go to our website, check out the remaining projects, and sign up today (and KEEP serving)!
As I’m sure you know, our church feeds an enormous amount of people through our Community Food Bank. That’s especially true during Summer of IMPACT and with the rising costs of food. As a result, our Food Bank is starting to get a little low. If you are able, would you consider donating non-perishable food items (anything really, but canned protein goes really fast)? And now that we have a refrigerator and freezer, we also take perishables – eggs, meat, cheese, bread, milk, frozen meals, etc. Thank you!
As our church continues to grow, one of the things we always have to stay on top of is parking. I want to offer a few suggestions that would help us out greatly. We have now opened up field parking in the back of our building. Come down the first drive and go the back of our property. Our Worship & Tech Team have already begun to park there, but there is still plenty of room for more cars. This would be an ideal place for all of our 1st service volunteers. You can also turn around and park down the first drive at an angle in the grass. And then the largest parking lot that we have access to, that we really haven’t started using, is Oakland Elementary School’s parking lot (take the first right immediately past the Greenway on your way to church). Yes, it’s a little bit of a longer walk, but you’ll get some extra steps in and most importantly, you’ll make room for our guests. This is a great problem (opportunity) to have! Thanks in advance for being a part of the solution!
Making An IMPACT With You!
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
Summer of IMPACT!!!! – Well, this coming week is the last week of Summer of IMPACT (SOI)! SOI has been a month-long effort (the entire month of June) where we as a church saturate our community with the love of Jesus through simple acts of service. There has been something for everyone – from serving through our existing partnerships with non-profit organizations all over Charleston like the Lowcountry Food Bank, Soldiers Angels, the Ronald McDonald House, Carolina Youth Development Center, Charleston Vets, The Pink House, Patriots Villas, and Lowcountry Orphan Relief, to sewing lap throws for the residents of Joseph Floyd Manor, to feeding, clothing, and bringing supplies to literally hundreds of hungry, hurting, and homeless people all over Charleston. There are still opportunities to serve. You simply sign-up and then show-up. It’s that easy. Every project has a leader and every project is well-organized.
So here’s what I am asking you to do RIGHT NOW:
Click on this link: https://coastalcommunitychurch.org/missions/
Take a look at the remaining opportunities. Find the project(s) right for you and then sign up today! You can sign up for as many opportunities as you want directly from our website.
As always, if you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- You are invited to attend the Charleston Riverdogs game on Sunday, July 31st at 5pm with your Coastal family! Tickets are FREE but MUST BE reserved ahead of time by providing your email and number of tickets needed on your Connect Card or to Pastor Scott at email@example.com so that the digital tickets may be forwarded to your email. We already have over 300 tickets reserved! If you have one, please wear a Coastal t-shirt! Please reach out to Pastor Scott with any questions.
- As a fun way to celebrate the Summer and our “At the Movies” series, we’d like to take any children from our church and their friends (and children at heart) to the 10am special showing of the new “Minions” movie at Citadel Mall Cinema on Wednesday, July 6th – on us (any concessions on you)! Doors open at 9:30am. RSVP on your Connect Card or respond to this email with a number of tickets.
- We are in the planning stages for our FALL LIFE GROUPS! LIFE Groups are the primary vehicle at Coastal for community – learning, friendships, fellowship, and care. We typically have all different types of Groups – Bible studies, book studies, activity groups, active groups, support groups, men’s/women’s groups. Would you possibly be interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group this Fall? The Fall Semester begins in September and depending on the Group, lasts for 8-12 weeks. Sign up on your Connect Card or contact Pastor Scott Huff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in leading a Group.
- We are so excited about Vacation Bible School at Coastal this year! After COVID & Construction, VBS is back and will be better than ever in our brand new facility! The dates & times for VBS this year are Monday, July 11th – Friday, July 15th, 6pm-8pm! This year’s theme is “Make Waves – What you do today, can change the world around you!” VBS at Coastal is ALL HANDS ON DECK! In other words, it takes EVERYONE to pull off a great VBS for our church and our community. There will be greeters, security, snacks, registration, teachers, games, worship, decorations, nursery, crafts – in other words, something for EVERYONE! If you are interested in serving in any capacity, please go to our website and sign up today! To register your child, ages 4 year olds – 5th Grade, go to https://coastalcommunitychurch.org/vbs/ and sign them up today! If you have any questions, contact Janet Rollins at email@example.com or 843-442-8299.
P.S. New to Coastal? Join us in the Coastal Chapel or online Sunday, June 26th immediately following the 11:15am service for our next Newcomer’s Reception. Learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, and get plugged in. Lunch & childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card on Sunday!
P.S.S. Our church has moved to a new management software, and we’re updating our church database! You could help us by texting “ME” to 843-571-1777, then follow the link to claim your account, see your information, verify that it’s correct, and make any necessary changes. You can even upload a family/personal picture. If you receive an error, that means that we do not have your cell phone number in our system. So fill out a Connect Card with your correct information and check the “change in contact information” box. Once you claim your account, you’ll be able to keep your information up to date, text keywords to sign up for Groups and events, and text “CHECK”to check your children into Coastal Kidz on Sunday mornings before you even leave your house or on your way to church (and pick up your printed out stickers waiting for you when you arrive).