We had such an AWESOME Father’s Day at Coastal this past Sunday! But the best part of the day was that 4 more people gave their life to Jesus and 4 more people expressed a desire to be Baptized! Coastal, I am telling you – what you and I are a part of is not normal! Don’t ever take it for granted that new guests come to church each and every week, that people are excited to come and worship, that kids want to go to church, that people are out in our community serving, making an IMPACT, that every Sunday people make decisions and give their life to Jesus! We are a part of a move of God! You see, God is moving all around us, all the time. He’s just looking for faithful, wiling people to use! So make it your prayer to God, “Look no further, use me! Use our church!”
I can’t say enough great things about “Summer of IMPACT” this year – so many people loving and serving our community, making an IMPACT for Jesus! And what we’re hearing over and over again from our volunteers is the IMPACT it’s having in their own lives! In fact, if you have a story to share about what a difference “Summer of IMPACT” has made in your life, I’d love to hear it! Shoot me an email.
Although Saturday Serve (1st Saturday of every month) & loving and serving our community never stops here at Coastal, this concentrated, all out effort is only for the month of June. So basically, you’ve got 1 week left to join in the adventure! Go to our website and sign up for multiple opportunities to IMPACT our community with the LIFE & LOVE of Jesus! Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! For example, tonight here at Coastal a group will be packing lunches for veterans in the community (Soldier’s Angels and VA Medical Center). And tomorrow (Saturday morning) we’ll be meeting here at Coastal and then off to the tailgating location for Project Bags of Blessings. All the details for these and next week’s opportunities are on the website. If you have any questions at all, please contact Chris Jones at 843-870-4613 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Go to our website, check out the times and dates, and sign up today!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- Our next Summer Sermon Series (another Coastal tradition) starts Sunday, July 14th – “Summer Reading.” At Coastal we believe that “Leaders are Readers!” Each week Pastor Chris will use the subject matter from one of six books as the basis for that Sunday’s message. You can pick up a book list, description, and dates from your bulletin. We even have a small number of the books for purchase on Sunday morning.
- In case you missed our Beach Baptism on Sunday, June 9th – don’t fret! We have another one scheduled to close out the Summer on Sunday, August 9th, 4pm out at Folly Beach County Park. Baptism is a public profession of your faith in Jesus Christ. We call it “going public” at Coastal. It’s an important next step after salvation. And there is something very powerful about getting Baptized in the ocean! Bring your whole family out to Beach after church on that Sunday and then we’ll gather together for the Baptism Service at 4pm (look for the Coastal flag)! You can sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or respond to this email to sign up today!
- VBS Crew Leader Meeting – Sat., June 29, 10:00-11:30 am. All crew leaders, assistants, and group managers, even if you’ve done it before, need to attend ONEOrientation Meeting either Saturday, June 29, from 10:00 – 11:30 AM OR Monday July 8, 7:00 – 8:30PM, @ Coastal in the 1st – 5th grade auditorium in the Coastal Kidz building. Hopefully it will make you more prepared for the week, and answer any questions you may have. Please let Janet know if you need childcare for either meeting. We now have over 100 children pre-registered for VBS!! Coastal’s VBS this year is Monday, July 15th – Friday, July 19th, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. If you haven’t done so yet, please register your kids today! If you have any questions about VBS please contact Janet Rollins at 843-442-8299 or email@example.com.
- One of our “At the Movies” traditions has been to take everyone to a new release morning matinee at Citadel Mall Theater – on us! So go ahead and mark this Wednesday morning, 10am, June 26th on your calendar! We’re taking everyone (you, your kids, and your friends) to see Toy Story 4! The theater will be open at 9:30am. Just show up and we’ll be outside for a head count. (And since this is our 10th Anniversary of “At the Movies” and a Disney theme, we’ll also be taking everyone to see “The Lion King” on Wednesday morning, July 24th!)
- New to Coastal? Join us Sunday, July 21st in the Welcome Center, immediately following the 11:15am service for our next Newcomers Reception. This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card. You can also simply respond to this email and let us know that you’re coming.
P.S. If you weren’t in church this past Sunday, then you might have missed the exciting news – Scott Huff will be joining our Staff here at Coastal as an Associate Pastor in August! 7 years ago, Scott and Lori Huff moved to Charleston for Lori to complete a Fellowship at MUSC. Scott was our Youth Pastor for those 3 years. When Lori’s Fellowship was complete they moved back to Lexington, KY. Lori has accepted a position at East Cooper Hospital and they will be moving back to Charleston and back to Coastal! Coming out of a long and fruitful Student Ministry, Scott will be a great resource to Ryan and our entire Student Ministry Team. Among other things at Coastal, Scott will focus on College/Young Adult Ministry. Feel free to send Scott an email and welcome them home!