I told you the weather was going to be great out at Folly on Sunday afternoon . . . AND IT WAS! It was another AWESOME experience as 23 more people were buried with Jesus in Baptism and raised to walk in new LIFE! We actually have another Beach Baptism already scheduled to close out the Summer on Sunday, August 4th, 4pm at Folly Beach County Park. So if you are interested in participating, simply respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday!
DON’T MISS FATHER’S DAY AT COASTAL THIS SUNDAY & INVITE AND BRING SOMEONE WITH YOU!! There is a Baby/Child Dedication, a great gift for all the men present, fun giveaways, FREE Kona Ice, jump castles, and our Annual WING FEST (all you can eat wings after both services)! Make plans to bring Dad and the whole family! I’ve got a great message that we all need to hear – especially our men! We’re in week 3 of “At the Movies” and I’m going to be using “The Lion King” to talk about leaving a legacy to our children.
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- It’s hard to believe that Summer of IMPACT is already half way over. Although Saturday Serve & loving and serving our community is a constant and ongoing part of our church, this concentrated, all out effort is only for the month of June. So basically, you’ve got 2 weeks left to join in the adventure! Go to our website and sign up for multiple opportunities to IMPACT our community with the LIFE & LOVE of Jesus! Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! If you have any questions at all, please contact Chris Jones at 843-870-4613 or email@example.com. Go to our website, check out the times and dates, and sign up today!
- Starting this Sunday, June 16th (we promise we’re ready to go) we are launching a NEW ONLINE SERVICE at 6pm! We are still offering the same live streaming of our morning services, but we will rebroadcast one of our live services at 6pm complete with worship! We’ll also have a Staff Member/Pastor each week watching live, leading/responding to the comments, prayer requests and interactions. We regularly now have close to 200 (sometimes more) unique viewing devices from around the country watching our morning services. That could easily represent several hundred people. This will simply add another opportunity for us to share the Good News of the Gospel with the world around us. It also makes it easier for the people in our church community to catch a service if they miss it on Sunday morning!
- On Saturday morning (tomorrow), June 15th, at 8am WE NEED SOME VOLUNTEERS to come help unload, clean out, and organize one of our storage containers behind our building. One of the constant needs of a growing church is storage space. We have the space, it just needs to be better utilized. This project will make a huge impact on multiple ministries at our church. Once the container is cleaned out, we’ll be installing shelves. If you are available and willing to help, please respond to this email. The more volunteers we have, the faster this project will get done. If you have any questions about the project please contact Ricky Spell at 843-442-3320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please pray for all of our Students (6th-12th Grade), Volunteers, and Ryan Spell as they (around 50 people) head to Summer Camp this coming week in Myrtle Beach! This is definitely one of the highlights of the year for our Student Ministry. Each year, many of our Students either give their life to Christ or recommit their life to Christ during this week. They are leaving from the church on Monday morning at 11am. Please be at the church with your Student, all forms, and any remaining money no later than 10:30am ready to go!
- Guess what? We already have close to 100 children pre-registered for VBS!! Coastal’s VBS this year is Monday, July 15th – Friday, July 19th, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. The theme this year is ROAR! Life is Wild – God is Good! Sign up your kids today! And make sure you check out all the VBS Volunteer opportunities and sign up to serve (see bulletin insert). Our greatest need is Crew Leaders! VBS is our biggest outreach of the year for children! If you have any questions about VBS please contact Janet Rollins at 843-442-8299 or email@example.com.
P.S. One “At the Movies” tradition has been to take everyone to a new release morning matinee at Citadel Mall Theater – on us! So go ahead and mark Wednesday morning (time to be announced later), June 26thon your calendar! We’re taking everyone (you, your kids, and your friends) to see Toy Story 4! And since this is our 10th Anniversary of “At the Movies” and a Disney theme, we’ll also be taking everyone to see “The Lion King” on Wednesday morning, July 24th!