Well tomorrow officially marks the beginning of Summer – June 1st! And if this past week has been any indication, it’s going to be a HOT one (insert any of the Charleston heat jokes you’ve seen this week)! But I am seriously excited about all the awesome things happening at Coastal this Summer and in particular the month of June! It all begins TOMORROW, June 1st, at 8:30am here at Coastal with Saturday Serve and Summer of IMPACT! If you and your family haven’t yet signed up for multiple projects, it’s time to do so! And I seriously encourage you to spread the word with your friends, neighbors, family, and co-workers, especially those people in your life who don’t have a church or who aren’t even believers. Why? Because God created everyone with the desire to be a part of something bigger than yourself and to make a difference. And believe it or not, most churches don’t have a very good reputation for serving and loving their communities unconditionally. So leverage Summer of IMPACT as way to include those who might not darken the door of a church yet, but would be willing to volunteer at the Orphan Relief Center or feed the hungry. Don’t you see? Not only is Summer of IMPACT an opportunity to serve and bless our community and you, but it is also an opportunity for outreach! If you have any questions or if you would be willing to help lead one of the events, please contact Chris Jones at 843-870-4613 or email@example.com.
And then hopefully you’ve heard by now, but this Sunday, June 2nd, we kick off we kick off one of our favorite sermon series traditions here at Coastal – “AT THE MOVIES”! It’s where we take current or popular movies and use them as a hook to talk about spiritual truth. ALL 1st Time Guests will receive FREE Movie Tickets to Citadel Mall Theater (and the person who invited them – YOU) throughout the entire series. This Sunday there will be fresh popcorn, cotton candy, fun decorations, FREE Kona Ice (to help with the heat), a special character appearance, and cool giveaways (we are giving away a DISNEY VACATION PACKAGE)! Start praying and inviting now! Let’s show Charleston what “the most joyful place on earth” really looks like! This Sunday’s movie is “Avengers: Endgame” and I’ll be talking about living life on purpose!
And then there is our Beach Baptism the following Sunday, June 9th, 4pm out at Folly Beach County Park! Come out early (traffic might be an issue) and make it a fun day for your entire family! Right now we have over 30 people getting Baptized! It doesn’t get any better than that! That’s why we do what we do! Come out and celebrate with them! If you are interested in participating, simply respond to this email or sign on your Connect Card on Sunday.
Check out the P.S.S. below! This Sunday we begin offering a new online service at 6pm on Sundays!
I LOVE YOU & WHAT WE GET TO DO TOGETHER!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- On Tuesday, June 4th and Wednesday, June 5th our church is hosting the Graduation Ceremony for Oakland Elementary School & Orange Grove Middle School. Our auditorium will be standing room only! If you are available, we need volunteers to help make this a wonderful experience for all of our guests! We need people to work the cafe, run golf carts, open doors, take pictures at a selfie/photo booth, and greet all of our guests. Tuesday’s Graduation (Oakland) is at 9:30am and we need volunteers in place at 8:30am. Wednesday’s Graduation (Orange Grove) is at 10am and we need volunteers in place at 9am. If you are interested in serving either or both Graduations and haven’t already signed up through Summer of IMPACT, please respond to this email. These Graduations are a great opportunity to make a huge IMPACT in our community.
- Interested in formalizing your commitment to Coastal and officially making our church, your church family? Our next Membership Class is this coming Monday night, June 3rd, 6pm-9pm. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, your Connect Card,or byresponding to this email.
- On Saturday, June 8th, 8am we need some volunteers to come help unload, clean out, and organize one of our storage containers behind our building. One of the constant needs of a growing church is storage space. We have the space, it just need to be better utilized. This project will make a huge impact on multiple ministries at our church. Once the container is cleaned out, we’ll be installing shelves. If you are available and willing to help, please respond to this email. The more volunteers we have, the faster this project will get done. If you have any questions about the project please contact Ricky Spell at 843-442-3320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Father’s Day, Sunday, June 16th is going to be AWESOME at Coastal! There is a Baby/Child Dedication (email us if you’re interested in participating and haven’t already signed up), a great gift for all the men present, fun giveaways, FREE Kona Ice, jump castles, and our Annual WING FEST (all you can eat wings after both services)! Make plans to bring Dad and the whole family!
- Attention all parents and volunteers, as you start to make your Summer plans, mark your calendars and save this date – Coastal’s VBS this year is Monday, July 15th – Friday, July 19th, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. The theme this year is ROAR! Life is Wild – God is Good! Registration is now open on our website. Sign up your kids today! Make sure you check out all the VBS Volunteer opportunities and sign up to serve (see bulletin insert). VBS is our biggest outreach of the year for children!
P.S. On Saturday, June 8th, 9am-1pm, Coastal is hosting a FREE CPR Certification Class in the 1st-5th Grade auditorium in Coastal Kidz. If you are interested in signing up, simply respond to this email. If you have any questions about the class or certification, please contact Louis Camblor at 843-708-1041 or email@example.com.
P.S.S. This Sunday, June 2nd we are launching a NEW ONLINE SERVICE at 6pm! We are still offering the same live streaming of our morning services, but we will rebroadcast one our live services at 6pm complete with worship! We’ll also have a Staff Member/Pastor each week watching live, leading/responding the comments, prayer requests and interactions. We regularly now have close to 200 (sometimes more) unique viewing devices from around the country watching our morning services. That could easily represent several hundred people. This will simply add another opportunity for us to share the Good News of the Gospel with the world around us. It all also make it easier for the people in our church community to catch a service if they miss it on Sunday morning!