Well, typically, Memorial Weekend officially marks the end of the school year (almost, but not quite this year) and the beginning of Summer. In fact, this year, Memorial Day is actually the last day of May – Monday, May 31st! But no matter when your child gets out of school this year, Summer begins this Tuesday, June 1st! I am seriously excited about all the awesome things happening at Coastal this Summer and in particular during the month of June – the biggest of which is Summer of IMPACT! If you and your family haven’t yet signed up for multiple projects, it’s time to do so! And I seriously encourage you to spread the word with your friends, neighbors, family, and co-workers, especially those people in your life who don’t have a church or who aren’t even believers. Why? Because God created everyone with the desire to be a part of something bigger than yourself and to make a difference. And believe it or not, most churches don’t have a very good reputation for serving and loving their communities unconditionally. So leverage Summer of IMPACT as way to include those who might not darken the door of a church yet, but would be willing to volunteer in the community. Don’t you see? Not only is Summer of IMPACT an opportunity to serve and bless our community and you, but it is also an opportunity for outreach! If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
Another reason I’m excited about June here at Coastal is that on Sunday, June 13th, we kick off one of our favorite sermon series traditions here at Coastal – “AT THE MOVIES”! It’s where we take current or popular movies and use them as a hook to talk about spiritual truth. ALL 1st Time Guests will receive FREE Movie Tickets to Citadel Mall Theater (and the person who invited them – YOU) throughout the entire series. There will be popcorn, movie trailers, and cool giveaways!We’ll also be taking anyone who is available to see the new “Peter Rabbit 2” movie on Tuesday, June 22nd, 10am at the Citadel Mall Theater. And we’re picking up the cost of the ticket! It’s our way to thank you and bless our community (your friends – yes, please invite and bring friends). Simply let us know how many people you’ll be bringing to the movie (respond to this email or let us know on your Connect Card).
But the best part of our “At the Movies” kick-off on June 13th is that it’s also the day of our Beach Baptism out at Folly Beach County Park at 5pm! Come out early (traffic might be an issue) and make it a fun day for your entire family! If you are interested in getting Baptized, simply respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. Either way, come out and celebrate with us!
And then, of course, there is Father’s Day on Sunday, June 20th! There will be FREE Kona Ice for everyone, a gift for all the guys (I’m real excited about the gift), and some fun giveaways (yes, probably MEAT) at the end of each service! Oh, and on top of all of that (Summer of IMPACT, At the Movies, Beach Baptism, Father’s Day), our Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade) just unveiled their Summer Calendar with a ton of events, activities, and service projects! Go to their Instagram page and see Ryan Spell for all the details.
As you can see, it’s going to be a great Summer at Coastal! The only thing that’s potentially missing right now is. . .YOU! We can only provide the opportunities for connections, community, and service. You have to make the choice to participate. I hope you will! I love YOU, I love being your Pastor, and I love what we get to do together!
Making An IMPACT With You!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
Typically, in this section of our Friday 5 we list all the upcoming Outreach Projects. For the month of June – there really is only ONE thing we want you to focus on: SUMMER OF IMPACT! Simply click on this link: https://coastalcommunitychurch.org/outreach/. Take a look at all the opportunities. Find the project(s) right for you and then sign up today! You can sign up for as many opportunities as you want directly from our website. And by the way, you don’t even have to call Coastal your home to participate! Spread the word and invite and bring your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers to serve! If you are looking to Make an IMPACT in our community, this is the way to do it! Let’s make this the best Summer ever!
If you have any questions about Summer of IMPACT and the different projects, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- Are you grieving the loss of a spouse or do you know someone who is? You are invited to join our FREE “Loss of a Spouse” Seminar through our Grief Share Support Group on Tuesday, June 1st, 6:30-8:30pm at Coastal. Discover practical advice, support, prayer, and encouragement from others who’ve been there. Learn what to expect in your grief and how to cope with life without your spouse. Register at www.griefshare.org or call Freeda (540-903-5030) or Sue (616-443-6553).
- We are planning our Annual BEACH BAPTISM out at Folly Beach County Park on Sunday, June 13th, at 5pm. You can sign up for it on our website. The only requirement for Baptism is that you have personally given your life to Jesus. Baptism is a public profession of your faith. At Coastal we call it “going public” and it’s a great celebration! It beautifully illustrates Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. If you’re unable to participate in our Beach Baptism, remember at Coastal we’re ready for you to get Baptized any service, any Sunday. If you are interested in getting Baptized simply respond to this email or sign up on our website.
- If you would like your family to participate in the Baby/Child Dedication on Father’s Day (June 20th), sign up on your Connect Card. Include the child’s full name and the service you will be attending. Coastal’s Baby Dedication is a special time for our parents and children. The purpose of our Baby Dedication is not for the child’s salvation or commitment to Christ. It is more of a prayer/renewal time for the parents as they commit to raise their child the way God wants them to and a time of prayer for the child to grow to be the man or woman God has called them to be. It is also a time for our church family to commit to you, the parents, to be the support that you need. Most people think of a Baby Dedication as just for our newborns, but we’ve had all different ages participate. If you’ve never had that special prayer time for you and your child, we’d love for you to sign up and participate.
- We’re serving our community by rolling up our sleeves – literally! As part of our June 5th Saturday Serve, Coastal is hosting a Blood Drive from 8:30am-1:30pm at the church. Every donor will receive a $10 gift card. You can use that gift card to meet your own needs or you can donate the gift card back to the church where we’ll use it to help struggling neighbors in our community. Let’s come together as a church and donate life! You can easily sign up for a convenient time slot by clicking here: https://donate.thebloodconnection.org/donor/schedules/drive_schedule/162166.
P.S. The Summer is a great time to consider automating your giving! You can do that through your Bank, through our TEXT to GIVE provider (843-277-8337), or our Offering Envelope. If you have any questions you can call the church (843-571-1777) and Ashley will step you through it. People tend to travel and go on vacations over the Summer. Just remember that the Ministry and IMPACT of Coastal continues whether you’re here on a Sunday or not. And everything we do is made possible by your consistent, generous giving. You can give through our website or simply text ANY amount to 843-277-8337.