June is now just over one week away! There are so many awesome things happening at Coastal this Summer and in particular the month of June. It all begins next Saturday, June 1st, at 8:30am here at Coastal with Saturday Serve and Summer of IMPACT! If you haven’t done so yet, please go to our website and sign up to serve our community and make an IMPACT with your life for Jesus! There are so many opportunities to choose from. Help us share the LIFE and LOVE of Jesus with Charleston and the world this Summer! If you have any questions or if you would be willing to help lead one of these events, please contact Chris Jones at 843-870-4613 or email@example.com.
And then on Sunday, June 2nd, we kick off we kick off one of our favorite sermon series traditions here at Coastal – “AT THE MOVIES”! It’s where we take current or popular movies and use them as a hook to talk about spiritual truth. ALL 1st Time Guests will receive FREE Movie Tickets to Citadel Mall Theater (and the person who invited them – YOU) throughout the entire series. There will be fresh popcorn, fun decorations, and cool giveaways (On the kick-off we are going to be giving away a DISNEY VACATION PACKAGE)! Start praying and inviting now! Let’s show Charleston what “the most joyful place on earth” really looks like!
And then there is our Beach Baptism on Sunday, June 9th out at Folly Beach (more information below) and Father’s Day on Sunday, June 16th! On Father’s Day there is a Baby/Child Dedication (email us if you’re interested in participating and haven’t already signed up), a great gift for all the men present, fun giveaways, and a WING FEST (all you can eat wings after both services)! Our WAVES Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade) also has some great activities going on all Summer (see bulletin insert on Sunday). In fact, feel free to join them for their Riverdogs outing on Thursday night, June 6th.
Again, throughout all of this during the month of June we will be loving and serving our community through Summer of IMPACT! Don’t let this be just another Summer where you drift aimlessly, accomplishing nothing of significance. And don’t let the Summer be all about YOU! No, choose to be like Jesus this Summer and give your life away and reach out to others! Serve and Share! Invest and Invite! Let’s make this the best Summer ever!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- On Tuesday, June 4th and Wednesday, June 5th our church is hosting the Graduation Ceremony for Oakland Elementary School & Orange Grove Middle School. Our auditorium will be standing room only! If you are available, we need volunteers to help make this a wonderful experience for all of our guests! We need people to work the cafe, run golf carts, open doors, take pictures at a selfie/photo booth, and greet all of our guests. Tuesday’s Graduation (Oakland) is at 9:30am and we need volunteers in place at 8:30am. Wednesday’s Graduation (Orange Grove) is at 10am and we need volunteers in place at 9am. If you are interested in serving either or both Graduations and haven’t already signed up through Summer of IMPACT, please respond to this email. These Graduations are a great opportunity to make a huge IMPACT in our community.
- Interested in formalizing your commitment to Coastal and officially making our church, your church family? Our next Membership Class is Monday night, June 3rd, 6pm-9pm. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, your Connect Card,or byresponding to this email.
- On Saturday, June 8th, 8am we need some volunteers to come help unload, clean out, and organize one of our storage containers behind our building. One of the constant needs of a growing church is storage space. We have the space, it just need to be better utilized. This project will make a huge impact on multiple ministries at our church. Once the container is cleaned out, we’ll be installing shelves. If you are available and willing to help, please respond to this email. The more volunteers we have, the faster this project will get done. If you have any questions about the project please contact Ricky Spell at 843-442-3320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Annual BEACH BAPTISM is going to be Sunday, June 9th, 4pm at Folly Beach County Park! Baptism is a public profession of your faith in Jesus Christ. We call it “going public” at Coastal. It’s the next step after your salvation. The Bible clearly teaches that baptism is the first step of obedience after making a commitment. And there is something very powerful about getting Baptized in the ocean! Bring your whole family out to Beach after church on that Sunday and then we’ll gather together for the Baptism Service at 4pm (look for the Coastal flag)! You can respond to this email to sign up today!
- Attention all parents and volunteers, as you start to make your Summer plans, mark your calendars and save this date – Coastal’s VBS this year is Monday, July 15th – Friday, July 19th, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. The theme this year is ROAR! Life is Wild – God is Good! Registration is now open on our website. Sign up your kids today! Make sure you check out all the VBS Volunteer opportunities and sign up to serve (see bulletin insert). VBS is our biggest outreach of the year for children!
P.S. On Saturday, June 8th, 9am-1pm, Coastal is hosting a FREE CPR Certification Class in the 1st-5th Grade auditorium in Coastal Kidz. If you are interested in signing up, simply respond to this email. If you have any questions about the class or certification, please contact Louis Camblor at 843-708-1041 or email@example.com.
P.S.S. This Saturday, May 25th at 9am we need help with chair set up in our auditorium! If 8 or more people show up, it only takes less than 30 minutes. It’s great exercise, you meet other people, and have a lot of fun while serving our church and community!