Okay, let me get this out of the way first. This Sunday is Time Change Sunday! Your clocks “Spring Forward” one hour late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. While we “lose” an hour this weekend, we do get longer days – which I love! And this weekend is shaping up to be a beautiful weekend in Charleston! Whatever your plans are, make sure they include church on Sunday morning! Somebody once said that “Sunday morning church is a Saturday night decision.” Make the decision NOW to make it a priority – don’t wait until Sunday morning to make that call.
Speaking of Sunday, this Sunday we wrap up our series called, “The Vow.” My message is all about conflict resolution. Don’t miss it. Even if you’ve missed this entire series, don’t miss this Sunday. While the message is a part of the series, it can stand alone as is. And it’s something that everyone needs to hear – married, single, dating, old, or young.
Next Sunday, March 17th we begin a brand new series leading up to Easter called, “Be the Church.” Years ago we had a t-shirt made that on the front said, “Don’t just go to church.” And then on the back it said, “Be the church.” In this series we’re going to talk about what that means and how we live that out. I hope you’ll rediscover the true meaning of church and that the church isn’t just a building — it’s a people, an attitude, and a hope for the world!
Looking for something fun to do tomorrow morning with your young children? Come out to Oakland Elementary School’s Annual Carnival – 9:30am-12noon. Last year our church provided and grilled several hundred hotdogs (Janet and I will be there again this year doing the same). If you’re looking for a great way to serve our community and make an IMPACT, we’ll put you to work. I could always use some help with the hotdogs and we could also use some more face painters! I’ll be at the school by 8:30am setting up. Simply respond to this email if you would like to come and serve.
LIFE & LOVE!
Pastor ChrisHere are this week’s “Friday 5”:
1. Our Annual 40 Day Easter Fast starts on Monday, March 11th and will continue until Good Friday, April 19th! It’s a 40 Day period of Fasting & Prayer leading up to Easter Sunday. Fasting is simply denying yourself something physical for a set period of time for the spiritual purpose of focusing on prayer, the Word, and your relationship with God. You can sign up this Sunday on your Connect Card or by responding to this email. We’ll be adding you to a specific email group and will send out weekly notes of encouragement and information over the course of the fast. If you would like to share with us what you’re deciding to fast, you can, but you don’t have to. I hope you will consider joining your Coastal family in this Fast as we pray and prepare our hearts for Easter!
2. Attention all Coastal Kidz Volunteers (Birth-5th Grade): There is a Coastal Kidz Meeting, Saturday, March 16th at 10am – OR – Sunday, March 17th immediately after the second service (choose one to attend). We’ll be going over the new curriculum, planning for Easter, and brainstorming how we can continue to improve our Ministry! Don’t miss it!
3. As you know, Coastal feeds A LOT of people in our community – hurting and hungry people who simply need a helping hand. Well, our Food Bank is getting low. Here are some items that we are in need of: canned fruit with pull top tabs, “just add water” instant meals, peanut butter & jelly, canned meats & chili, cans of soup or pasta, dry pasta & canned sauce, rice & dry beans. You can bring and drop food off on Sunday mornings or anytime during office hours during the week. Thank you!
4. Our next Sermon Series starts Sunday, March 17th and is called, “Be the Church.” As a part of the series, we’re having a “Ministry Fair” on Sunday, April 7th. We’ll have a giant tent outside on our property where you’ll have an opportunity to visit different booths representing all the different Ministries of Coastal. And most importantly, you’ll have a chance learn more about them and sign up to volunteer!
5. We’re having 5 Easter Services this year at Coastal! Two on Saturday night, April 20th, 5pm & 6:30pm, and then we’re having 3 services on Sunday, April 21st, 8:30am, 10am, 11:30am. With 5 services it’s ALL HANDS ON DECK! In other words, we need everyone serving and volunteering! Check in with your LIFE Team Leader and go ahead and sign up now. If you are not yet serving, indicate your interest on your Connect Card and we will help you find a place to serve God by serving others!
First Impressions: Chris Ranew / email@example.com
Cafe: Matt and Kathy Beam / firstname.lastname@example.org
Children’s Ministry: Janet Rollins / email@example.com
Prayer Team: Billy Burnett / Billy.firstname.lastname@example.org
Security: Bryan Miller / email@example.com
P.S. Check out our Easter landing page for our website – www.easteratcoastal.com! You’ll see all the info about our 5 identical Easter services, and you’ll have a chance to let us know which service you and your friends will be attending. In fact, we’ve also set up a Facebook Event for our Easter Services as well. RSVP for a service and share our post with all your Facebook friends!