November 10th, 2019 was an historic Sunday in the life of our church. We gave the largest single offering in the history of our church for our “Daring Faith” Campaign – $202,635.80! Our 3 year commitment grand total came in at just over $1.7 million! It was that offering and those commitments that enabled our church to step out in faith and move forward with our construction project – completely rebuilding and expanding our Children’s space, greatly expanding our Fellowship/Atrium space, connecting our 2 buildings and preparing our campus for the next phase. That construction project is well under way. In fact, we are just about at the half-way point. Construction should be complete sometime in August. This new facility will positively impact every aspect of our ministry – children, students, groups, outreach, online church – everything! But it will especially impact our Coastal Kidz Children’s Ministry! We will be well positioned to continue to reach the next generation for Jesus!
So here’s what I want you to do – I want to challenge you to give above and beyond your regular giving for a Special Easter Offering that will go toward our new building. Whether you made a specific “Daring Faith” commitment back in November of 2019 or not, I want to challenge you to give something above and beyond for Easter. We can’t all give the same amount, but we can all make a sacrifice. And as we’ve learned over and over again at Coastal, it’s when we all step out in faith and sacrifice together that God shows up and does a miracle! For those of you who are new to our church since 2019, I would encourage you to go to our Daring Faith page on our website to learn more about our Daring Faith Campaign and to see a short video of what exactly we’re building. 2 Corinthians 8:11, “Now you should finish what you started. Let the eagerness you showed in the beginning be matched now by your giving. Give in proportion to what you have.”
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
Saturday Serve – The foundation of all of our serving opportunities at Coastal really starts with Saturday Serve – the first Saturday of every month. The next Saturday Serve is THIS Saturday (tomorrow), March 6th. We meet in the Welcome Center/Cafe at 8:30am, project leaders make a “pitch” for their serving opportunity, and then we serve! Make plans NOW to be there!
Soldier’s Angels – We’ll be helping with the Veteran’s Mobile Food Distribution, Tuesday, March 9th, 8am-1pm.
PINK House – The PINK House is a community center in the Ardmore subdivision in West Ashley. We are going to be putting on a Neighborhood Tailgate Party there on Saturday, March 13th, 10am-2pm.
If you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- Interested in officially making Coastal your church family by becoming a Member? Our next Membership Class is Saturday morning, April 17th, 9:30am-12noon. You can respond to this email, sign up on our website, or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. You can join us either in-person or online through Zoom.
- NEXT Sunday, March 14th is Time Change Sunday! Your clocks “Spring Forward” one hour late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. While we “lose” an hour, we do get longer days! Somebody once said that “Sunday morning church is a Saturday night decision.” Make the decision NOW to make it a priority – don’t wait until Sunday morning to make that call.
- Easter Sunday is April 4th! Coastal is having 6 Easter Services over 3 days this year: Friday, April 2nd, 7pm (no Coastal Kidz); Saturday, April 3rd, 4:30pm, 6pm; Sunday, April 4th, 8:30am, 10am, 11:30am. Start praying about who you’re going to invite and bring. And with 6 services, keep in mind that it’s ALL HANDS ON DECK! In other words, we need everyone serving and volunteering! Check with your LIFE Team Leader and go ahead and sign up now!
- If you’re fairly new to Coastal, a great next step is our Newcomers Reception. Our next Newcomers Reception is THIS Sunday, March 7th, in the Welcome Center immediately following the 11:15am service (at approximately 12:30pm). This will also be available online! This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. RSVP online or on your Connect Card.
P.S. The easiest way to stay connected, see all the announcements, listen to our messages, and fill out a Connect Card, is through our App. Yes, if you didn’t already know it, Coastal has a FREE App you can download for your phone or mobile device. Download it today from your App Store! If you’re searching for it, make sure you search for “Coastal Community Church of Charleston or Coastal CC Charleston” (There are other Coastal Community Churches around the country). If it’s been a while since you checked out the App, open it up! We’ve updated it and made some improvements!