Easter is just 5 weeks away! Did you hear that? EASTER IS JUST 5 WEEKS AWAY! I know that there are some churches and Christians who complain about people who only show up at church on Easter. Not me! And NOT Coastal! If you know churches and people like that, tell them to send their guests to Coastal! Instead of complaining about it, let’s take advantage of it. Let’s pull out all the stops and make them feel at home and welcome. And most importantly, let’s share Jesus with them.
So what can you do? Most importantly, you can start praying. Pray for our church and everyone that will be invited. Ask God to use Coastal to draw people to Himself. Pray for all the people you will be inviting. Pray for my message. Pray for the 16,000 mailing invitations that will be going out to all 29414 residents of West Ashley.
Start inviting. Make a list of everyone you know and start inviting. Use Social Media. Send personal messages. Walk across the hall at your office. And then be open to the Holy Spirit throughout your day asking Him to put other people in your path that you can invite. Take home an Easter Yard Sign. Two weeks before Easter we’re going to have Easter Yard Signs available to anyone who would be willing to put one in their yard, especially those of you who live in a busy neighborhood. The week before Easter, help us blitz West Ashley with the rest of our Yard Signs.
This Easter we are having our 3 normal service times, but we are having them outside, on our property, underneath a BIG TENT (larger than any we’ve rented before!). We’re calling it an Outdoor Community Easter Service (pray for good weather). It should be a lot of fun! We’re also using tickets for the 3 services as an invite tool. So as soon as the tickets arrive, you can start reserving seats for the service you will attend. They also, help us to gauge when a particular service is full.
How many people do you think we can reach this Easter? Our largest service ever was just over 600. Can we do that again? Can we blow that away? I don’t know. Will you do your part? I believe God is looking for people and churches to draw people to Himself. Beg God to look no further than you and Coastal!
Here are 5 more things I want you to know about:
- Mobile (TEXT) Giving is now available! Text any amount to 843-277-8337 and follow the instructions! Give it a try! it’s safe, simple, and secure!
- 1st Impressions Team Dinner/Meeting this Saturday night (tomorrow), 5:30pm at the church. Dinner & Childcare provided. This is for anyone currently serving in 1st Impressions or those interested in serving.
- Prayerfully consider making a contribution to your “All In” Campaign commitment on Easter Sunday! If you are new to Coastal and would like more information about our New Building Campaign, see me or respond to this email.
- We are already beginning to make preparations for the Summer Semester of LIFE Groups! If you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group or if you simply have a creative idea for a Group, please respond to this email or indicate it on your Connect Card.
- Our next Newcomers Lunch is Sunday, March 30th, immediately following the 11:45am service. You can sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or right now on our website.
Have a great weekend! See you and your friends on Sunday as we continue with our series, “Hello, My Name Is”! We’ll be looking at Deborah!
Always & Forever All In!