Are you ready for this? Easter Weekend is now officially 3 week away. This year we are having 6 services over 3 days – Friday, April 2nd, 7pm (no Coastal Kidz for this service only); Saturday, April 3rd, 4:30pm, 6pm; Sunday, April 4th, 8:30am, 10am, 11:30am. This Sunday, be prepared to take home some Easter Invite Tools – tickets, books, yard signs – all designed for you to use to invite your friends to Easter at Coastal this year! We have 150 EasterAtCoastal.com yard signs that we want to saturate Charleston with! Pick up several and strategically place them in neighborhoods, shopping centers, high traffic areas, and intersections. And then take a picture of your sign and share it on social media with the hashtag: #easteratcoastal. The little books we are giving away are a free gift for you, as you close out your Easter Fast, and for you to give to a friend – take one and give one away! The book is entitled, “At the Cross.” It looks at the different people who were at the cross with Jesus. It’s a great tool for sharing the Gospel with someone. The tickets are simply Ticket Master tickets that we’ve used for many years now with our service times. Obviously, you and your friends don’t need a ticket to attend a service. They’re simply great little invite cards for you to give away.
We would however, like to know which of our 6 services you and your friends are planning on attending. So, go to Easter at Coastal and sign up today! That way we can spread everyone out and let you know when a service is reaching capacity. Start spreading the word and register today!
Make sure you reach out to your Ministry Leader to let them know when you can serve over the Easter Weekend! Services like these require “all hands on deck.” Consider attending one of the services and then serving at multiple services. If you aren’t serving anywhere right now, Easter is a great time to start! Respond to this email, and we’ll direct you to a Ministry.
Also, I want to challenge you to give toward our “Daring Faith” offering for Easter Weekend. Because a large number of people stepped out in faith and gave to “Daring Faith,” our church was able to begin our construction project. That project is now well under way, and Easter Weekend would be a great time for you and your family to give above and beyond as a step of faith. In fact, you should notice some exciting progress on our construction project this weekend!
So many people are hurting and searching for hope right now. Let’s do everything in our power to leverage this Easter for Jesus! And as always Coastal, let’s work, share, and invite like it all depends on us. Let’s pray like it all depends on God. And then let’s walk by faith, trust God for outcome, and celebrate the results! If together we do that, then this will be the best Easter ever! I love you Coastal and I love being your Pastor!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
PINK House – The PINK House is a community center in the Ardmore subdivision in West Ashley. We are going to be putting on a Neighborhood Tailgate Party there TOMORROW, Saturday, March 13th, 10am-2pm (meet at the church at 10am). And then we’re coming back to the Pink House for a clothing distribution on Saturday, March 20th, 10am-1pm.
Tricounty Family Ministries – We will be assisting with their Emergency Grocery Distribution, Wednesday, March 17th, 9am-1pm.
Lowcountry Orphan Relief – Lowcountry Orphan Relief provides support services and aid to meet the needs of Lowcountry children identified as at-risk or suffering from abandonment, abuse and/or neglect. Coastal will be serving there Friday, March 19th, 9am-11am. We meet at 1850 Truxton Ave in North Charleston.
Oakland Elementary School Outdoor Movie Night – Our church is putting an outdoor movie for our friends over at Oakland Elementary School. We’ll be setting up our truck (with music), tents, and giving away popcorn and drinks. Gates open at 6:30pm and movies starts at 7:30pm. Great opportunity for the whole family!
Suburban Hotel Tailgate – Let’s make an impact together by serving local veterans and persons transitioning from a local homeless shelter in Charleston into permanent housing at the Suburban Hotel in North Charleston! Saturday, March 20th, 10am-1pm meet at Coastal in the Welcome Center! This is a project that is suitable for the whole family.
If you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- Interested in officially making Coastal your church family by becoming a Member? Our next Membership Class is Saturday morning, April 17th, 9:30am-12noon. You can respond to this email, sign up on our website, or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. You can join us either in-person or online through Zoom.
- THIS Sunday, March 14th is Time Change Sunday! Your clocks “Spring Forward” one hour late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. While we “lose” an hour, we do get longer days! Somebody once said that “Sunday morning church is a Saturday night decision.” Make the decision NOW to make it a priority – don’t wait until Sunday morning to make that call.
- During the Construction Project our entire Children’s Ministry, Coastal Kidz, has gone portable! In other words, they are meeting across the street from our church at Orange Grove Middle School. To make that happen, each Saturday morning at 8am a group of volunteers meets at the school, unloads our container, and sets up all of our classrooms and environments. With enough volunteers, the entire process takes less than an hour. If you would be interested in serving (even once a month), simply respond to this email or reach out to our Children’s Director, Janet Rollins at 843-442-8299.
- We are excited to announce that Coastal is starting a Celebrate Recovery Support Group/Ministry! Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered, 12 step recovery program for anyone struggling with hurt, pain or addiction of any kind. If you have a track record of personal recovery and you are interested in possibly serving in this Christ-centered ministry, please let us know on your connect card or you can reach out to Pastor Scott Huff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. One of the ways our church marks the coming of Summer is through “SUMMER OF IMPACT!” For the entire month of June, our church will saturate Charleston with a variety of outreach projects almost every day! What better way to show that we are followers of Jesus than by serving the people right here in our community! If you have led a project in the past or if you have any ideas about new projects, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.