Guess what? Our new Worship Pastor, Michael Wright, is officially here and will begin leading worship full time this Sunday! He actually got here on Wednesday and led worship for our Students! His fiance, Joy Brackett, will be in town this weekend as well. We might get to see her from time to time over the Summer and then obviously, she will join Michael after their wedding in late July. Make an extra effort to be here on Sunday and introduce yourself to them.
And then Coastal, make me proud and simply do what you do best, love on them both and welcome them to Coastal and Charleston! Over the next month, while he looks for an apartment, Michael will be living with Scott & Lori Huff. Feel free to invite Michael out to lunch or have him over for dinner – a great way to get to know him. Or maybe invite him out to some “Charleston thing” with you and your family. I’m very proud of and excited about the Staff Team we are building here at Coastal! I hope you are too!
Coastal, I want to brag on you and thank you for a moment. You guys are such a generous people. Whether it’s our food pantry, VBS, Student Ministry, a hurting family, Peru, or blessing one of our Staff during a difficult time, your generous, consistent giving never ceases to amaze me.
Which brings me to our “All In” Campaign. I’ve not really said a lot about the Campaign since it began, but here again, you guys amaze me. The key to any Giving Campaign is consistency from the entire church family. And like we said at the very beginning of the Campaign, it’s not equal amounts, it’s equal sacrifice. We can’t all give the same amount, but we can all pull together and sacrifice. And every week, seeing the wide variety of gifts coming in from such a wide variety of people for “All In” just blows me away.
Very soon, we hope to announce the closing of our loan and a ground breaking ceremony. If Easter Sunday taught us anything, it’s that our current facility is not adequate for our growth and the new building is simply a tool that will enable us to continue to grow. If you are fairly new to Coastal and would like to join in and help us fund our new building (a multi-purpose building that will seat 450-500 people on our property), simply designate your check, offering envelope, pay pal, or text “AllIN” or “Building”.
Here are 5 more things I want you to know about:
- Our next Membership Class is tomorrow morning, Saturday, May 3rd, 9am-12pm. Childcare and light refreshments provided. Even if you haven’t signed up, we take walk-ins! Our Membership Class is the way you formalize your commitment to Coastal.
- Coastal Day at the Riverdogs Game! This Sunday, May 4th, 5pm. Tickets $10 (Student Ministry Camp fundraiser). Kids eat free! Pastor Scott was able to get a few more tickets – see him on Sunday.
- Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 11th. We’re having a Baby Dedication Service during the 11:45am service on Mother’s Day. If you would like to participate, either respond to this email or indicate on your Connect Card on Sunday. It’s going to be a great day! Lots of gifts and giveaways! Plus we’re going to have a photographer at church taking family photos!
- Don’t miss SERVEFEST on Saturday, May 17th, 9am-Noon, at Coastal. Our Servolution LIFE Group is spearheading an opportunity to serve in many different ways and many different organizations around Charleston. See the insert in your Sunday Bulletin, the table in the Welcome Center, and show up ready to serve on May 17th.
- Our next Newcomers Lunch is Sunday, May 18th, immediately following the 11:45am service. You can sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or right now on our website. Our Newcomer’s Lunch is a great way to meet other new people and our Staff, learn more about Coastal and possible next steps, and enjoy a great meal! Childcare provided.
Always & Forever All In!
P.S. Only 2 services on Memorial Weekend Sunday, May 26th (10:15am & 11:45am). Our next Beach Baptism is Sunday, June 8th, on Folly Beach at 5pm.