Wow! I really can’t say enough good things about LIFE Group Sunday this past week at Coastal! First of all, it was so awesome to have everything inside in our new facility! Can you imagine how cold it would have been outside underneath a tent (like we used to do)? And all of our LIFE Group Leaders really knocked it out of the park with their booths/tables! You could just feel the energy and excitement on our campus! And most importantly, we’ve had 462 LIFE Group sign-ups SO FAR! I say so far, because there is still plenty of time to sign up for a group. In fact, hopefully you received your LIFE Group Catalog in the mail this week. If you’ve already signed up for a Group, share it with someone else.
It’s hard to believe, but this Saturday is the 6th Anniversary of our church doing Saturday Serve – 6 years of consistently being the hands and feet of Jesus, serving and loving our community! As always, we meet in the Welcome Center at Coastal at 8:30am (come at 7:30am and help us set up chairs). You’ll hear a pitch from a ½ dozen great leaders explaining the different serving opportunities they are leading for the day. Then you’ll choose the serving opportunity you like the best, and then head out to serve! It’s that simple! There is no need to bring anything. All we need is YOU and a willingness to serve (and we even give you a FREE t-shirt). All projects will wrap up by lunchtime so, it’s not a sacrifice of your entire Saturday. And bring your whole family – several of our projects are definitely “child friendly.” In fact, one of the projects that we are bringing back this Saturday is a Craft Project for young children – the kids will be making Valentines for Veterans! So again, don’t miss this Saturday Serve this Saturday!
And speaking of Veterans and serving, I have an exciting announcement to make. On Saturday, February 12th, Coastal will be operating 2 Tailgating Parties at the same time, on the same day! It will also be the very first serving project for our 2nd Box Truck! By the way, this is made possible through your generous giving toward our Christmas Offering! One Tailgate Party will be at the Pink House (see below) and the second Tailgate Party will be at Charleston Vets. Charleston Vets is a transitional housing facility for veterans in North Charleston. And what’s even more exciting about this relationship is that it’s managed by one of Coastal’s very own – Joe Towles. We’ll be grilling up some burgers & hotdogs with chips, desserts, and drinks. Most of the veterans we will be serving are in recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. Additionally, some were also previously homeless. The facility is much like Patriot Villas, another transitional housing area for veterans where we send outreach teams to serve. Join us as we serve and build new friendships with these local heroes. If you want to serve in any of these opportunities, let us know on your Connect Card or go to www.coastalcommunitychurch.org/missions and sign up today!
I love you Coastal and I love being your Pastor! What we’re a part of and what we get to do together never gets old! I hope you feel the same way!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
Saturday Serve – The foundation of all of our serving opportunities at Coastal really starts with Saturday Serve – the first Saturday of every month. The next Saturday Serve is TOMORROW, February 5th. We meet in the Welcome Center/Cafe at 8:30am, project leaders make a “pitch” for their serving opportunity, and then we serve!
Soldier’s Angels – We’ll be helping with the Veteran’s Mobile Food Distribution, Tuesday, February 8th, 8am-1pm. Meet at 1113 Sam Rittenburg Blvd. (The Elks Lodge).
PINK House – The PINK House is a community center in the Ardmore subdivision in West Ashley. We are going to be putting on a community Tailgate Party, Clothing Distribution, on Saturday, February 12th, 10am-1pm. Meet at the church at 10:00AM.
New Project at Charleston Vets – Want to try something brand new? We’re going to host a tailgating event at Charleston Vets on Saturday, February 12th (yes, two tailgates on the 12th!). Meet in the Welcome Center at Coastal at 10am. Coastal Vets is a transitional housing facility for veterans in North Charleston.
Neighbors Together Grocery Distribution – We will be assisting with their Emergency Grocery Distribution, Wednesday, February 16th, 9:45am-12:30pm. Meet at: 2105 Cosgrove Ave. North Charleston.
If you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- We’re excited to announce that we are having a SUPER BOWL PARTY in our new facility on Sunday, February 13th at 6pm! Come watch the Big Game being played simultaneously on all 6 HUGE screens! We’ll provide pulled pork BBQ, drinks, and paper products. You bring your favorite sides or game snacks to share! Childcare is not provided; however, the playgrounds and Coastal Kidz will be open (you are responsible for your children). Come join the fun and invite and bring friends!
- Have you signed up for a LIFE Group yet? As always, there are multiple ways to sign up for a Group, but you only have to sign up one time/one way. You can sign up online from our website, on your Connect Card (in-person or online), or at the LIFE Group Sign-up sheets on the kiosk just outside the auditorium. We have the most Groups we’ve ever had – 35 different LIFE Groups! There is something for EVERYONE! Unless otherwise indicated, most of Groups begin the week of February 13th and last 10-12 weeks. Make sure you check out our catalog and start signing up today!
- New to Coastal? Join us in the Coastal Cafe or online THIS Sunday, February 6th immediately following the 11:15am service for our next Newcomer’s Reception. Learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, and get plugged in. Lunch & childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card on Sunday!
- JOIN A LIFE TEAM! One of the best ways to meet new people and grow in your faith at Coastal is to serve alongside others on a LIFE Team or Ministry. There are so many places to start serving here at Coastal – our 1st Impressions Team, welcoming and greeting people as they come on our campus, loving and serving our children through our Coastal Kidz Children’s Ministry, and then there’s the Security Team, our Online Engagement Team, Student Ministry, our Worship Team, our Tech Team, Chair Set-up, and more! You can sign up for a LIFE Team this Sunday on your Connect Card or anytime on our website. Sign up today and start serving!
P.S. Mark your calendars now! Coastal will be hosting a night of praise and worship on Friday night, March 18th, from 7-8:30pm. Invite your friends and family to join us for an evening of worship, prayer, and encouragement. Childcare will be provided for birth to kindergarten (RSVP for Childcare on your Connect Card).