First of all, I just want to thank everyone for all the love expressed to me and Janet this past Sunday for our 34th Wedding Anniversary! We had a great day! We also had a great kick-off for our new series “To The Church.” I’ll be honest with you, between the weather and the long holiday weekend I wasn’t expecting all the people and all the guests who showed up! And I don’t think it was just the doughnuts or the giveaways (although that was a lot of fun). I simply think it’s that we have a lot of people at Coastal who know why we do what we do and who are on mission – to share and experience the LIFE and LOVE of Jesus with Charleston and the world!
Hopefully by now you’re aware that Coastal’s Annual 40 Day Easter Fast begins this Monday, February 22nd and goes through Good Friday, April 2nd! The Easter Fast is where you choose to give up something, deny yourself something to focus on prayer, repentance, and your relationship with God. It could be caffeine or sugar. It could be social media or tv. It could be time, where you get up 30 minutes earlier each day to read your Bible and pray. You decide. If you are interested in participating, sign up on your Connect Card or respond to this email. It’s a great opportunity to grow your faith. And to help you in your journey, beginning this Monday, February 22nd, we will provide you with a weekly email that includes a themed devotional for the week and daily Scripture readings to guide your time. I hope you’ll participate! I love you Coastal and I love being your Pastor! Hope to see you Sunday – in-person or online!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
Suburban Hotel Tailgate – Let’s make an impact together by serving local veterans and persons transitioning from a local homeless shelter in Charleston into permanent housing at the Suburban Hotel in North Charleston! Tomorrow, Saturday, February 20th, 10am-1pm meet at Coastal in the Welcome Center! This is a project that is suitable for the whole family.
PINK House – The PINK House is a “community center” of sorts in the Ardmore subdivision in West Ashley. We are going to be helping with a Clothing Distribution tomorrow Saturday, February 20th, 10am-1pm and Yard Clean Up on next Saturday, February 27th, 9am-1pm.
Tricounty Family Ministries – We will be assisting with their Emergency Grocery Distribution, Wednesday, March 3rd, 9am-1pm.
If you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- Every week we rely on lots of volunteers to make Sunday mornings a welcoming experience for everyone who comes – our 1st Impressions Team. We are always looking to add new volunteers to the areas of: door holders, ushers, parking lot, golf carts, road crossing, and our cafe/coffee bar. If you are interested in serving in any of these areas please email Pastor Scott at email@example.com and let him know!
- Woohoo! LIFE Groups have now officially started for this semester! However, it’s not too late to join one! Check out the 2021 WINTER/SPRING LIFE GROUP CATALOG and sign up today! As always, there are 3 ways to sign up for a LIFE Group, but you only have to sign up one time/one way. You can sign up online from our website, on your Connect Card (in-person or online), or at the LIFE Group Tables/Sign-up sheets in the back of the auditorium. We have 23 different LIFE Groups this semester – online and/or in-person Groups, activity Groups, study Groups, and more! There is something for EVERYONE! Make sure you check out our catalog and sign up today! After you sign up, your Group leader will contact you with all the information you need. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Scott Huff – 859-230-5129.
- Easter Sunday is April 4th! Coastal is having 6 Easter Services over 3 days this year: Friday, April 2nd, 7pm (no Coastal Kidz); Saturday, April 3rd, 4:30pm, 6pm; Sunday, April 4th, 8:30am, 10am, 11:30am. Start praying about who you’re going to invite and bring. And with 6 services, keep in mind that it’s ALL HANDS ON DECK! In other words, we need everyone serving and volunteering! Check with your LIFE Team Leader and go ahead and sign up now!
- If you’re fairly new to Coastal, a great next step is our Newcomers Reception. Our next Newcomers Reception is Sunday, March 7th, in the Welcome Center immediately following the 11:15am service (at approximately 12:30pm). This will also be available online! This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. RSVP online or on your Connect Card.
P.S. Coastal is 100% fully funded by the generous, consistent giving our our people. We could not do what we do without you! And whether we gather in-person or online, the ministry and impact of Coastal never ceases. Your weekly gifts are a vital resource that allow us to continue the work that God has called us to do. If you need us to mail you offering envelopes, step you through online giving, or TEXT Giving (text any amount to 843-277-8337), please respond to this email or call the church office (843-571-1777). Thank you so much for your continued faithfulness!