It’s been such a great week at Coastal! First of all, we had a great kick-off for “The Vow!” We had 646 in attendance and another 186 online! In fact, did you know that we’ve not been under 600 in attendance in all of 2019! Then we had a great Newcomer’s Reception with over 20+ new people! From all reports so far it’s been an awesome kick-off to LIFE Groups! On Sunday night I was hoping we would have at least 50 show up for Financial Peace. We had 65!
And then, this is pretty cool, our church made the short list of “Best Place of Worship” in Charleston City Paper’s Annual “Best of List”! It’s in the “Attractions & City Living” Category. Drop by and vote for us here if you feel so inclined. If nothing else, it’s positive advertising for our church. I tell people all the time, there are some great churches in Charleston, we’re just one of them!
Also, I want to thank everyone for all the wonderful Wedding Anniversary (32 years) wishes this week! Janet and I took the day off and just spent the day relaxing and hanging out. We then enjoyed a romantic dinner by candlelight at home! It was awesome!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- LIFE Groups have begun! But it’s not too late to join one. There are 3 different ways to sign up for a LIFE Group at Coastal, but you only have to sign up one time/one way. You can sign up on your Connect Card, at the LIFE Group Tables in the back of our auditorium, or right now online from our website. Go to our website, check out the catalog, and sign up for a LIFE Group today!
- Coastal is hosting a Marriage Seminar – next Friday & Saturday, February 22nd-23rd. The cost is $100 per couple/$50 per individual. Meals and Childcare are included. The Conference is open to the anyone in the community, so feel free to invite someone to join you! See our website for schedule and details. You can sign up on your Connect Card or from our website online! We ARE providing childcare during the Marriage Seminar. If you are interested in being a paid Childcare worker, please reach out to Janet Rollins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-442-8299.
- As a part of “The Vow” series, on Sunday, February 24th, we’re giving all married couples during both services an opportunity to renew their wedding vows. And then, immediately after both services that Sunday we’re going to have our version of a “wedding reception” outside underneath a tent complete with cake, pictures, music, and food trucks (bring money for the food trucks)! It’s going to be quite a Sunday to remember! The whole series is going to be awesome! Invite and bring a friend!
- Our next Saturday Serve is Saturday, March 2nd! We will meet at the church at 8:30am to debrief and then disburse to serve! Come make an IMPACT in our community by being the hands and feet of Jesus! There is always something for the whole family! And PLEASE, invite and bring someone to serve with you! If you have any questions about Saturday Serve or ideas for future service opportunities, please contact Chris Jones at 843-870-4613 or email@example.com.
- We’re having 5 Easter Services this year at Coastal! Two on Saturday night, April 20th, 5pm & 6:30pm, and then we’re having 3 services on Sunday, April 21st, 8:30am, 10am, 11:30am. With 5 services it’s ALL HANDS ON DECK! In other words, we need everyone serving and volunteering! Check in with your LIFE Team Leader and go ahead and sign up now. If you are not yet serving, indicate your interest on your Connect Card and we will help you find a place to serve God by serving others!
First Impressions: Chris Ranew / firstname.lastname@example.org
Cafe: Matt and Kathy Beam / email@example.com
Children’s Ministry: Janet Rollins / firstname.lastname@example.org
Prayer Team: Billy Burnett / Billy.email@example.com
Security: Bryan Miller / firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. Don’t forget to vote for Coastal in Charleston City Paper’s Best of Charleston list, “Best Place of Worship.” It’s found in the “Attractions & City Living” Category. Spread the word, especially on Social Media, and encourage your friends to vote for Coastal!