I know I say this a lot, but I’m really pumped about this Sunday at Coastal! First of all, this Sunday is Valentine’s Day and it’s mine and Janet’s 34th Wedding Anniversary! Our first date was actually on Valentine’s Day and we got married one year later on Valentine’s Day. I was 19 years old! I’m also excited that we’ll be kicking off a brand new series called, “To The Church.” Each week, as we prepare ourselves for Easter, we’ll be looking at Jesus’ letters to the 7 churches in Revelation 2 and 3 (see our new sermon series graphic above from our very own Jody Davis). What you’ll quickly discover is that not only do these 7 letters have a lot to say to the church of today, but they also speak to you and me as individuals. It’s going to be a powerful series! And since we’re kicking it off on Valentine’s Day, we have a few special treats – FREE Krispy Kreme doughnuts in our Coastal Cafe and GIVEAWAYS at the end of each service (Gift Certificates for Halls Chophouse)! Invite and bring a friend in-person OR online! And if all of that were not enough LIFE GROUPS BEGIN THIS COMING WEEK (see below)! There are so many great Groups. Check out the LIFE Group Catalog and sign up today! I love you Coastal and I love being your Pastor!
LIFE & LOVE!
(“Friend me” on Facebook if you haven’t already done so!)
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
Lowcountry Orphan Relief – Lowcountry Orphan Relief provides support services and aid to meet the needs of Lowcountry children identified as at-risk or suffering from abandonment, abuse and/or neglect. Coastal will be serving there TODAY, Friday, February 12th, 9am-11am. We meet at 1850 Truxton Ave in North Charleston.
Tricounty Family Ministries – We will be assisting with their Emergency Grocery Distribution, Wednesday, February 17th, 9am-1pm.
Suburban Hotel Tailgate – Let’s make an impact together by serving local veterans and persons transitioning from a local homeless shelter in Charleston into permanent housing at the Suburban Hotel in North Charleston! Saturday, February 20th, 10am-1pm meet at Coastal in the Welcome Center! This is a project that is suitable for the whole family.
PINK House – The PINK House is a community center” of sorts in the Ardmore subdivision in West Ashley. We are going to be helping with a Clothing Distribution on Saturday, February 20th, 10am-1pm.
If you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- Every week we rely on lots of volunteers to make Sunday mornings a welcoming experience for everyone who comes – our 1st Impressions Team. We are always looking to add new volunteers to the areas of: door holders, ushers, parking lot, golf carts, road crossing, and our cafe/coffee bar. If you are interested in serving in any of these areas please email Pastor Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know!
- OUR NEW 2021 WINTER/SPRING LIFE GROUP CATALOG IS NOW AVAILABLE!! As always, there are 3 ways to sign up for a LIFE Group, but you only have to sign up one time/one way. You can sign uponline from our website, on your Connect Card (in-person or online), or at the LIFE Group Tables/Sign-up sheets in the back of the auditorium. We have 23 different LIFE Groups this semester – online and/or in-person Groups, activity Groups, study Groups, and more! There is something for EVERYONE! Make sure you check out our catalog and start signing up today! Unless otherwise indicated in the catalog, all of our Groups begin the week of February 14th. We were created for community, to do LIFE together! We need this – YOU need this! If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Scott Huff – 859-230-5129.
- We’re looking to build our Worship Team! We are looking for gifted vocalists, musicians, and worship leaders to add to our ever-growing worship team! So, if that describes you (or someone you know), if you love to worship and enjoy being a part of a team that grows together in their faith while leading others to worship, then we want to hear from you! Respond to this email or reach out to our band director Christopher Rollins at email@example.com with your interest and any info that would be helpful for us to know about you and your talents. Christopher will respond with the audition process and all the information you will need!
- If you’re fairly new to Coastal, a great next step is our Newcomers Reception. Our next Newcomers Reception is Sunday, March 7th, in the Welcome Center immediately following the 11:15am service (at approximately 12:30pm). This will also be available online! This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. RSVP online or on your Connect Card.
P.S. Coastal’s Annual 40 Day Easter Fast begins Monday, February 22nd and goes through Good Friday, April 2nd! The Easter Fast is where you choose to give up something, deny yourself something to focus on prayer, repentance, and your relationship with God. It could be caffeine or sugar. It could be social media or tv. It could be time, where you get up 30 minutes earlier each day to read your Bible and pray. You decide. If you are interested in participating, sign up on your Connect Card or respond to this email.