It’s finally here – LIFE GROUPS START THIS COMING WEEK! If you haven’t yet signed up for a Group, it’s not too late to join one. You can go online now, check out all the Groups in our 2022 Spring Semester LIFE Group Catalogand sign up for a Group today! There are multiple ways to sign up for a LIFE Group (online, Connect Card, LIFE Group Kiosk), but you only have to sign up one time, one way. Once you sign up for a Group, your Group Leader will contact you with all the details. And get this, so far we’ve had 588 LIFE Group sign-ups! I say so far, because there is still plenty of time to sign up for a group. In fact, hopefully by now you received your LIFE Group Catalog in the mail. If you didn’t, we might not have your correct address. If you’ve already signed up for a Group, please pass the catalog along to someone else and invite them to join. It’s going to be an awesome LIFE Group semester!!
I’m also excited about tomorrow – Coastal will be operating 2 Tailgating Parties at the same time, on the same day (meet at the church tomorrow at 10am – chair set up at 9am)! We’ll be at the Pink House and our new location at Charleston Vets. We’re only able to pull this off because of YOU – your generosity and your availability! If you want to serve in either of these opportunities, go to our website and sign up today! You’ll also be able to see and sign up for all of the other outreach opportunities of our church as well.
For those of you who have simply gotten out of the habit of attending church in-person, consider this your nudge to return! You are truly missed here at Coastal! I love what we’re doing online. We have greatly improved our online experience over the last several years at Coastal. It is a GREAT, GREAT TOOL! We have invested time, money, volunteers, and staff to it. It is not going away, and we will continue to make it better. However, it is NOT the same as being in-person. It’s easier to get distracted online. There is a lack of accountability (no one knows if you’re there or not). And therefore, it’s just easier to get out of the habit. Now, if you’re sick, out of town, or live out of town, by all means, take advantage of it. In fact, everyone should be regularly sharing it with your friends and spreading the word. Most people will check out our church online before they come in-person. But it’s time to remove from your conversational vocabulary this statement, “Let’s just stay at home and watch church online today.” Push through and COME to church! Obviously, the church is not a building. And one of our sayings over the years here at Coastal has been, “We don’t just GO to church, we ARE the church!” We even had a t-shirt with that on it (mental note – we need to redo that t-shirt)! I believe all of that with my whole heart. So that’s not what I’m talking about. But there’s just something powerful when God’s people gather together in-person for worship and for the proclamation of God’s Word! So join us online when you HAVE to, but don’t make it a habit. I love you Coastal, and I love being your Pastor! And I can’t wait to SEE you in-person on Sunday (and yes even online)!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
PINK House – The PINK House is a community center in the Ardmore subdivision in West Ashley. We are going to be putting on a community Tailgate Party, Clothing Distribution, TOMORROW, Saturday, February 12th, 10am-1pm. Meet at the church at 10AM.
New Project at Charleston Vets – Want to try something brand new? We’re going to host a tailgating event at Charleston Vets, TOMORROW, Saturday, February 12th (yes, two tailgates on the 12th!). Meet in the Welcome Center at Coastal at 10am. Coastal Vets is a transitional housing facility for veterans in North Charleston.
Neighbors Together Grocery Distribution – We will be assisting with their Emergency Grocery Distribution, Wednesday, February 16th, 9:45am-12:30pm. Meet at: 2105 Cosgrove Ave. North Charleston.
Joseph Floyd Manor Tailgate – Our Tailgate will be rolling and serving our friends downtown at the Joseph Floyd Manor – Thursday, February 17th, 9:30am-12:30pm. Meet at the church at 9:30am.
Lowcountry Orphan Relief – Lowcountry Orphan Relief provides support services and aid to meet the needs of Lowcountry children identified as at-risk or suffering from abandonment, abuse and/or neglect. Coastal will be serving there, Friday, February 18th, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 1850 Truxton Ave in North Charleston.
Patriot Villas Veterans Tailgate – We will be putting on a Tailgate for the Veterans at Patriot Villas on Thursday, February 24th, 6-8:15pm. Meet at Coastal’s Welcome Center.
If you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- We’re excited to announce that we are having a SUPER BOWL PARTY in our new facility THIS Sunday, February 13th at 6pm! Come watch the Big Game being played simultaneously on all 6 HUGE screens! We’ll provide pulled pork BBQ, drinks, and paper products. You bring your favorite sides or game snacks to share! Childcare is not provided; however, the playgrounds and Coastal Kidz will be open (you are responsible for your children). Come join the fun and invite and bring friends!
- Have you signed up for a LIFE Group yet? As always, there are multiple ways to sign up for a Group, but you only have to sign up one time/one way. You can sign up online from our website, on your Connect Card (in-person or online), or at the LIFE Group Sign-up sheets on the kiosk just outside the auditorium. We have the most Groups we’ve ever had – 35 different LIFE Groups! There is something for EVERYONE! Unless otherwise indicated, most Groups begin this coming week and last 10-12 weeks. Make sure you check out our catalog and start signing up today!
- Interested in officially making the Coastal church family, your church family? Our next Membership Class is Saturday morning, March 19th, 9am-11:30am. You can respond to this email, sign up on our website, or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. You can join us either in-person or online through Zoom.
- JOIN A LIFE TEAM! One of the best ways to meet new people and grow in your faith at Coastal is to serve alongside others on a LIFE Team or Ministry. There are so many places to start serving here at Coastal – our 1st Impressions Team, welcoming and greeting people as they come on our campus, loving and serving our children through our Coastal Kidz Children’s Ministry, and then there’s the Security Team, our Online Engagement Team, Student Ministry, our Worship Team, our Tech Team, Chair Set-up, and more! You can sign up for a LIFE Team this Sunday on your Connect Card or anytime on our website. Sign up today and start serving!
P.S. Mark your calendars now! Coastal will be hosting a Night of Praise and Worship on Friday night, March 18th, from 7-8:30pm. Invite your friends and family to join us for an evening of worship, prayer, and encouragement. Childcare will be provided for birth to kindergarten (RSVP for Childcare on your Connect Card).