Woohoo (if you haven’t figured it out, woohoo is my go to happy phrase)! Tomorrow is our next Saturday Serve! If you’ve never been to a Saturday Serve, let me explain what happens. The first Saturday of every month we gather together at the Coastal Cafe at 8:30am. After hanging out for a few minutes and grabbing some coffee, that month’s Project Leaders give a quick “pitch” for their serving opportunity, someone prays, and then everyone takes off to serve. Yes, it’s that simple! All of the projects are usually done by noon. It’s a great opportunity to meet other people, have fun, get connected, and most importantly, make an IMPACT in our community by being the hands and feet of Jesus. This month’s projects include:
- Serving at the North Charleston Tailgate at the CARTA Super-Stop in North Charleston. You’ll have the opportunity to feed 100+ hurting, hungry, and homeless people.
- 100+ meals prepared in the Coastal Kitchen for My Sister’s House and S.C. Strong.
- Organizing and serving at the Lowcountry Food Bank.
- Jenkins Orphanage – playing games and making tacos & nachos. Also, there is a painting project where several areas of the facility need touch up painting (they need paint, rollers, brushes, & drop cloths). If you are interested in the painting project, please reach out to Chris Jones.
- Making crafts for residents at Riverside Life Care Skilled Nursing Facilities. This project is specifically for young children.
If you have any questions about Saturday Serve or if you have any other future project ideas, please reach out to Chris Jones at Jonescg73@gmail.com or 843-870-4613. I promise you that it will be one of the most fulfilling things you do this month (plus we give you a FREE t-shirt)!
I want to thank all of our LIFE Group Leaders for all the hard work, creativity, and effort they put into last week’s LIFE GROUP SUNDAY! It was such an awesome day! But most importantly there have been 539 sign ups for LIFE Groups so far! It’s not too late to sign up for a Group. There are 3 different ways to sign up for a LIFE Group at Coastal, but you only have to sign up one time/one way. You can sign up on your Connect Card, at the LIFE Group Tables in the back of our auditorium, or online from our website. Go to our website, check out the catalog, and sign up for a LIFE Group today! By the way, LIFE Groups start the week of February 10th.
Sunday, February 10th is going to be a BIG DAY at Coastal! Not only do LIFE Groups start that week, but we’re kicking off a new sermon series called, “The VOW.” It’s a marriage & relationship series and whether you hope to get married someday or you’ve already tied “the knot”, I promise you’ll get something out of it. A large postcard inviting all of West Ashley to attend goes out this week! So, pull out all the stops and invite your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers to be your guest! You can pick up extra postcards this Sunday at Coastal to use as invite cards.
As a part of the series, we’re having our Marriage Seminar, February 22nd & 23rd and a special service on Sunday, February 24th, where we will give all married couples during both services an opportunity to renew their wedding vows. And then, immediately after both services that Sunday we’re going to have our version of a “wedding reception” outside underneath a tent complete with cake, pictures, and music! It’s going to be quite a Sunday to remember! The whole series is going to be awesome! Start praying, planning, and preparing now for the people you will be inviting!
We ARE providing childcare during the Marriage Seminar. If you are not attending the seminar, we are looking for about 8 people for this position. The pay is $10 an hour. The times would be: Friday, Feb. 22, 5:45-9:00PM & Saturday, Feb. 23, 7:45AM-12:00PM. Pizza will be provided for Friday night dinner for the children and the childcare providers, and breakfast will be provided on Saturday morning. We will also have a schedule of games, activities, etc. for the children during each session. If you are interested, please reach out to Janet Rollins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-442-8299.
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
1. Coastal has a large, growing, active, and life changing Ministry called MOPS. MOPS stands for Mother’s of Preschoolers. They meet at the church on the 2nd & 4th Wednesday every month during the school year. They have a huge need that you might be interested in meeting or know someone who would. They are looking for people interested in helping with childcare. The childcare workers serve from 9:15am to 11:30am and are paid $20. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Carol Wessell at 843-725-8670 or email@example.com.
2. Our next Saturday Serve is TOMORROW, February 2nd! We will meet at the church at 8:30am to debrief and then disburse to serve! Come make an IMPACT in our community by being the hands and feet of Jesus! There is always something for the whole family! And PLEASE, invite and bring someone to serve with you! If you have any questions about Saturday Serve or ideas for future service opportunities, please contact Chris Jones at 843-870-4613 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Start 2019 off right by officially making Coastal Community Church YOUR church family! The first Membership Class of 2019 is THIS MONDAY NIGHT, February 4th, 6pm-9pm. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, your Connect Card,or byresponding to this email.
4. New to Coastal? Join us Sunday, February 10th in the Welcome Center, immediately following the 11:15am service for our next Newcomers Reception. This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card.
5. During our Marriage/Relationship Series starting Sunday, February 10th (“The Vow”), Coastal is hosting a Marriage Seminar – Friday & Saturday, February 22nd-23rd. The cost is $100 per couple/$50 per individual. Meals and Childcare are included. The Conference is open to the anyone in the community, so feel free to invite someone to join you! See our website for schedule and details ($50 deposit due now). You can sign up on your Connect Card or from our website online! Don’t miss out on this fun, practical and inspirational event! Over 90 people have already signed up!
P.S. Many of you have watched our services LIVE Online! But have you tried giving online? Your consistent, faithful, generous giving enables our church to make its IMPACT! It’s easy, safe, and secure! You can give through our website, our App (yes, we have a FREE App), or TEXT any amount to 843-277-8337! Try it today!