My wife Janet and I and all the Pastors & Staff at Coastal want to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! Instead of focusing on how this Christmas may or may not look a little different, or lamenting over how crazy 2020 has been – forget about all of that and simply be PRESENT, right here, right now, TODAY, and focus on the true meaning of Christmas.
Luke 2:10-11, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.”
Read those words again slowly. Let each phrase sink in. Don’t be afraid! What’s got you locked up in a prison of fear today? “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” Good News! Get off social media, tune out the news and all the negativity of this world and remember that we have GOOD NEWS! And Good News is always meant to be shared! Great Joy! “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” Savior. Messiah. Lord. That’s what Christmas is all about – a Savior has been born, the Messiah, the Lord! The question is . . . is He yours? If He is, that’s all that matters today and every day! Merry Christmas!
Don’t forget that there are NO IN-PERSON SERVICES this Sunday, December 27th!All of our services this Sunday, 9:30am, 11:15am, and 6pm, will be ONLINE ONLY! As always, you can watch all of our services on our Facebook page, our YouTube channel, or at https://coastalcommchurch.churchonline.org. This would be a great week to really help us get the word out about our online services! Check in on Facebook and share the service! And also keep in mind that on Sunday, January 3rd, there will only be 1 in-person service, the 9:30am service. But again, all other services will be online.
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- Upcoming Outreach Projects:
Coastal is constantly and continually engaged in being the hands and feet of Jesus in our community. Here are this week’s opportunities!
Saturday Serve – The foundation of all of our serving opportunities at Coastal really starts with Saturday Serve – the first Saturday of every month. The next Saturday Serve is Saturday, January 2nd. We meet in the Welcome Center/Cafe at 8:30am, project leaders make a “pitch” for their serving opportunity, and then we serve! Make plans NOW to be there! I can’t think of a better way to kick off 2021!
If you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- Our goal for our 8th Annual Christmas Offering is $75,000! Now through the second Sunday of the New Year, January 10th (3 weeks), we are encouraging our entire Coastal family to give above and beyond their regular tithes and offering to this year’s Christmas Offering. To give, all you have to do is designate your gift “Christmas” on your check, offering envelope, card swiping “description”, online through Paypal, or TEXTing (843-277-8337). You can give your gift during these 3 weeks at any of our regular Sunday morning services or anytime through TEXTing, our website, or our App.
So what are we going to do with that $75,000? Mainly 3 things: 1. We’re going to fully fund our 2 current monthly Tailgate Parties where we feed hundreds of people each month. 2. We’re going to buy a “Box Truck”! We’re super pumped about all the outreach possibilities of this truck – equipment and supply transportation for the tailgate parties, advertising for the church, disaster relief, community events, and more. 3. We’re going to purchase indoor and outdoor playground equipment for our new Children’s facility. So, start praying about what you and your family can give toward this offering. Remember, this offering should be over and above what you regularly give. If you’re not regularly giving (weekly, monthly), use this time of year and this offering to start. If you’re not tithing (10% of your gross income), step out in faith and start tithing. Reaching this goal will be a celebration of what God can do through our church as together we stretch our faith. Again, simply use the the keyword “Christmas” whenever and however you give toward the Christmas Offering.
- We are preparing now for the next semester of LIFE Groups – Winter/Spring 2021! If you are interested in leading or assisting a LIFE Group, please let us know. If you have already connected with Pastor Scott about leading a Group, please turn in your Group Information – study, day, time, location, style (in-person/online). LIFE Group Leader Training will be Tuesday, January 19th, 6:30-8pm OR Saturday, January 23rd, 10-11:30am. (You just need to attend one.) Both sessions will be offered online or in-person. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Scott Huff – 859-230-5129.
- If you’re fairly new to Coastal, a great next step is our Newcomers Reception. Our next Newcomers Reception is Sunday, January 10th, in the Welcome Center immediately following the 11:15am service (at approximately 12:30pm). This will also be available online! This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. RSVP online or on your Connect Card.
- Okay Coastal, it’s time to show your generosity once again! Grab an ornament with a teacher wishlist item from a classroom over at Oakland Elementary School. There are books, supplies, small things, big things, and “dream items”! Drop off or ship your gifts to Coastal Community Church (456 Arlington Drive, Charleston, SC 29414) between now and early January. Label items with the tag number. To claim a tag virtually, email email@example.com.
P.S. Start the New Year off right! Don’t forget that simply because you are a part of the Coastal family, ALL of Dave Ramsey’s best selling resources and tools are available to you for FREE! This includes 5 classes (Financial Peace, Legacy Journey, Smart Money Smart Kids, the Jump Start Course and a new Budgeting course), the Everydollar+ budgeting tool, and a host of other resources designed to help families track their progress through the baby steps. You have access to everything for an entire year at your own pace, on your own schedule. Here’s the link: https://www.financialpeace.com/hosts/coastalcommunity?pc=94671724. Sign up today! We want to be known as a generous church, and we also want to do everything we can to equip our church and community to experience true financial peace in these difficult times!