First of all I want to thank those of you stepped up to my challenge last week and made an initial gift to our 7thAnnual Christmas Offering. Again, every gift counts, every gift matters. I also want to give you an update on where the offering is being invested. We picked up our annual t-shirts that we give to Oakland Elementary School as a Christmas gift yesterday. The students receive their shirt on Wednesday and then they take a huge group picture of the entire school. The Principal tells me it’s her absolute favorite day of the year! I’ll be there for the picture and I’ll be sure to share it with you next week. Just think about this, each student knows that that t-shirt comes, no strings attached, from Coastal Community Church! How cool is that?! That’s just a small glimpse of the IMPACT your Christmas Offering makes in our community! Also, our security/alarm company has been installing cameras in our Coastal Kidz’ classrooms this week! We hope everything will be up and operational sometime next week. It is our desire to do all that we can to create a safe, secure environment for our children and the children of our community. That’s just a sample of what your Christmas Offering is already doing. Remember you can give any time between now and January 13th. Also, our entire offering during both Christmas Eve Services will go towards our Christmas Offering.
And now the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT THIS WEEK (drumroll please) . . . . . the Outdoor Christmas Party this Saturday (tomorrow) IS ON!! Chris Jones will be at the church today starting at 2:30 p.m. until around 6:00 p.m. to stage and prep some of the equipment for Saturday. We can receive some of the food items (storage at the church is limited) at that time should you have other plans and need to drop off early. We’ll also be warming some of the hams overnight in the warmer. However, we are still asking our volunteers to bring their food donations warm and ready to serve on Saturday morning if at all possible.
On Saturday morning, the church will be open by 7:00 a.m. to finish warming food items, making coffee, etc. If you want to come early, then by all means please do. Otherwise, we’ll see everyone at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday. It may be chilly in the morning but should warm into the lower 60’s. It might be good to bring a light jacket but once we get to moving around, it should be just fine. This may very well be the perfect weather for a Christmas party!
We’ve been planning, postponing and then planning this event for weeks. Thanks so much for sticking with it! This is going to be a great day! Most of the blankets have ribbon and are ready to go, additional chairs have been donated for seating, paper products (plates, forks, knives and spoons) have been ordered, and the Christmas tree is on-hand. We are SO ready! If people in your workplace, family or community want to come out to provide support, let them come along…let’s overwhelm the place with the love of Christmas! For some of the people we will be serving…this IS Christmas for them. Let’s make it the best ever. If you have any questions, please contact Chris Jones at Jonescg73@gmail.com or 843-870-4613.
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
1. We are in the planning stages of the Spring Semester of LIFE Groups! If you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting, please sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or respond to this email. LIFE Group Sunday will be January 27th and LIFE Groups will begin the week of February 10th.
2. Along with our regular Sunday morning services on Sunday, December 23rd, we’ll have special Christmas Eve Services on Monday, December 24th at 5:30pm & 7pm. There will be a special PJ’s & Pizza Party for Children ages Birth-5th Grade during both services in the Coastal Kidz Building.
3. Mark your calendars and make plans NOW! Starting on Sunday evenings on February 10th, 2019! Financial Peace University is a proven program that will show you how to master budgeting, pay off debt, build wealth, and give generously! Indicate your interest on your Connect Card on Sunday or by responding to this email!
4. During our Marriage Sermon Series in the new year, Coastal will host a Marriage Conference – Friday & Saturday, February 22-23. Cost $100 per couple/$50 per individual. Meals and Childcare are included. Open to the community. See bulletin insert this Sunday for schedule and deposit details. Sign up on your Connect Card!
5. Attention all parents and volunteers who work with children or students (honestly, attention everyone who cares about this issue and wants to make a difference): Coastal is hosting “Darkness to Light” and their “Stewards of Children Prevention Training” on Tuesday night, January 15th, 6:30pm to 8:30pm at our church. The training is free (Coastal is picking up the $10 per person fee). Spread the word and invite anyone in the community. The training teaches adults how to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. It is the only nationally distributed, evidence-informed program proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes, and change child protective behaviors. Please RSVP on your Connect Card or respond to this email.
P.S. On Sunday morning, December 30th we are having ONE SERVICE at 9:30am. There will be no 11:15am service.