Let me go ahead and cut to the chase. If you want to make an IMPACT this Christmas, if you want a practical way to be the hands and feet of Jesus in our community. . . help us put on a huge Christmas Party for the residents of the Suburban Hotel, on Saturday, December 19th, 9am-1pm! It’s going to be one of our biggest outreach events of the year for our church! The Suburban Hotel provides transitional housing for homeless Veterans and former residents of the 180 Place Homeless Shelter. We’ve been serving there for the past 6 months, building a relationship with the residents. The Suburban Hotel is located on Dorchester Road right across the road from the Harley Davidson dealership off of Hwy. 526.We’re planning on serving a holiday meal with turkey and sides. We’re collecting items to build a personal care package for each resident that includes things like soap, shampoo, and other personal items. We are going to provide gifts (candles for the women and travel mugs for the men) to go along with those personal item care kits. We’re also going to provide a Christmas stocking stuffed full of fun and practical items. We’re going to have Christmas music, a tree, and even Santa might make an appearance! This will be an event for the whole family!
There are three links below. Each link will lead you to an area of need: the food, the gifts, or the stockings. Choose where you’d like to contribute, click on the link, choose the items you’d like to provide, and then sign-up!
To help with the Christmas meal click here:
To help with the Christmas gifts click here:
To help with the Christmas stockings click here:
https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/10c0c4cada929abf58-stockingsYou can also sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or contact Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613 for more details. I love you Coastal and I love your heart for serving our community! Thank you in advance for your generosity!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- Upcoming Outreach Projects:
Coastal is constantly and continually engaged in being the hands and feet of Jesus in our community. Here are this week’s opportunities!
Soldier’s Angels – We’ll be helping with the Veteran’s Mobile Food Distribution, (TODAY) Friday, December 11th, 8am-1pm.
Tricounty Family Ministries – We will be assisting with their Emergency Grocery Distribution, Wednesday, December 16th, 9am-12noon.
Lowcountry Orphan Relief – Lowcountry Orphan Relief provides support services and aid to meet the needs of Lowcountry children identified as at-risk or suffering from abandonment, abuse and/or neglect. Coastal has a long standing relationship with LOR and on Friday, December 18th, 9am-11am we’re sending a team to build emergency care kits for children in the community. We meet at 1850 Truxton Ave in North Charleston.
If you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- Our goal for our 8th Annual Christmas Offering is $75,000! Now through the second Sunday of the New Year, January 10th (5 weeks), we are encouraging our entire Coastal family to give above and beyond their regular tithes and offering to this year’s Christmas Offering. To give, all you have to do is designate your gift “Christmas” on your check, offering envelope, card swiping “description”, online through Paypal, or TEXTing (843-277-8337). You can give your gift during these 5 weeks at any of our regular Sunday morning services or anytime through TEXTing, our website, or our App. You might also consider giving it all at once during one of our 3 Christmas Eve Services (Thursday, December 24th, 3pm, 4:30pm, & 6pm). Our entire Christmas Eve offering will go toward our Annual Christmas Offering.
So what are we going to do with that $75,000? Mainly 3 things: 1. We’re going to fully fund our 2 current monthly Tailgate Parties where we feed hundreds of people each month. 2. We’re going to buy a “Box Truck”! We’re super pumped about all the outreach possibilities of this truck – equipment and supply transportation for the tailgate parties, advertising for the church, disaster relief, community events, and more. 3. We’re going to purchase indoor and outdoor playground equipment for our new Children’s facility. So, start praying about what you and your family can give toward this offering. Remember, this offering should be over and above what you regularly give. If you’re not regularly giving (weekly, monthly), use this time of year and this offering to start. If you’re not tithing (10% of your gross income), step out in faith and start tithing. Reaching this goal will be a celebration of what God can do through our church as together we stretch our faith. Again, simply use the the keyword “Christmas” whenever and however you give toward the Christmas Offering.
- We are beginning to prepare for the next semester of LIFE Groups – Winter/Spring 2021! If you are possibly interested in leading or assisting a LIFE Group in 2021, please let us know. You don’t have to have it all figured out yet – study, day, time, location, style (in-person/online) – we’re just curious if you’re interested. If you are, please reach out to Pastor Scott Huff or simply respond to this email.
- We’re having 3 special Family Christmas Eve services with nursery provided on Thursday, December 24th at 3pm, 4:30pm, and 6pm. Coastal Volunteers make sure you reach out to your Ministry Team Leaders about signing up to serve. Most importantly, be praying about who you will invite and bring. Also, please make note that the Sunday after Christmas (December 27th), services will be online only – no in-person services.
- Okay Coastal, it’s time to show your generosity once again! Grab an ornament with a teacher wishlist item from a classroom over at Oakland Elementary School. There are books, supplies, small things, big things, and “dream items”! Drop off or ship your gifts to Coastal Community Church (456 Arlington Drive, Charleston, SC 29414) over the next few weeks. Label items with the tag number. To claim a tag virtually, email email@example.com.
P.S. DON’T FORGET – we offer our Coastal Members and regular attendees free access to RightNow Media, an online church video library. It’s just one of the many ways to express our generosity to our church family. Essentially, RightNow Media is a Netflix for Bible studies with videos for kids, students, singles, parents and married couples by teachers like Dave Ramsey, John Piper, Max Lucado, Tim Tebow, and more. All the content can be accessed from any computer or smart television and through the RightNow Media app on a phone, tablet, Roku, Apple TV, etc. If you haven’t already done so, click here to set up your account!