WOW – what a great kick off to “Christmas at Coastal” this past Sunday! All the decorations were a huge hit, we had a big crowd, lot’s of guests, 24 people stuck around for our Newcomer’s Reception, we sold out of our One Year Bibles (we got more for this Sunday), and one person gave their life to Jesus! It just doesn’t get any better than that!
If you haven’t heard yet, one of the biggest things we are doing this year for Christmas is putting on a HUGE Christmas Party for the residents of Joseph Floyd Manor. And the event is just ONE WEEK AWAY! Joseph Floyd Manor is a public housing building in downtown Charleston. It is home primarily to limited income, disabled, and older residents of our city. The date of the party is Saturday, December 18th, from 9:30am (meet at the church at 9:30am) until 1:30pm. We’re hoping to provide a huge holiday meal with turkey & all the trimmings, a Christmas stocking packed with goodies, and a Christmas gift for every resident! This is a wonderful opportunity because the gifts are actual items the residents have requested. What’s important to know is the Christmas party we’re hosting on the 18th will be the only Christmas many of these residents will experience. It’s a great opportunity for us, as a church, to truly be the hands and feet of Jesus!
Picture in your mind all the gifts, stockings, food, a Christmas cookie decoration station, games with prizes, and a coffee & hot chocolate bar! And then we’ll top off the event with singing Christmas carols! This will be an event that will positively impact the community and help the residents of the manor feel loved and appreciated. And by the way, this event is family friendly, and all are welcome (a great way to show your kids the true meaning of Christmas).
Now, a project this size needs two things:
- Lots of volunteers! We want to flood Joseph Floyd Manor with love. Go to our website, give us your contact info, scroll down to this event/date & click, and then scroll down and hit the “click here to register” button.
- An event this size also requires lots of supplies and resources. Your help is needed to help provide the meal (right now probably the biggest need), the gifts, the Christmas cookie decorating supplies, and the goodies for the stockings (see sign up lists below).
There are multiple sign up lists to help out:
If you have any questions about this event, please respond to this email or reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
Clothing Team – Our Coastal Clothing Team will be organizing and sorting clothes TODAY, December 10th, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 2952 Old Pond Road on Johns Island.
PINK House – The PINK House is a community center in the Ardmore subdivision in West Ashley. We are going to be putting on a community Tailgate Party, Clothing Distribution, this Saturday (TOMORROW), December 11th, 10am-1pm.
Soldier’s Angels – We’ll be helping with the Veteran’s Mobile Food Distribution, Tuesday, December 14th, 8am-1pm. Meet at 1113 Sam Rittenburg Blvd. (The Elks Lodge).
Lowcountry Orphan Relief – Lowcountry Orphan Relief provides support services and aid to meet the needs of Lowcountry children identified as at-risk or suffering from abandonment, abuse and/or neglect. Coastal will be serving there, Friday, December 17th, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 1850 Truxton Ave in North Charleston.
Christmas at JFM Prep – We’ll be packing and staging everything for our BIG Christmas Party at Joseph Floyd Manor on Friday night, December 17th, 6-8pm at the church!
If you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- Our goal for our 9th Annual Christmas Offering is $125,000! Now through the second Sunday of the New Year, January 9th (5 more weeks), we are encouraging our entire Coastal family to give above and beyond their regular tithes and offering to this year’s Christmas Offering. To give, all you have to do is designate your gift “Christmas” on your check, offering envelope, card swiping “description”, online through Paypal, or TEXTing (843-277-8337). You can give your gift during these 5 weeks at any of our regular Sunday morning services or anytime through TEXTing, our website, or our App. You might also consider giving it all at once during one of our 3 Christmas Eve Services (Thursday, December 24th, 3pm, 4:30pm, & 6pm). Our entire Christmas Eve offering will go toward our Annual Christmas Offering. With this year’s offering we are purchasing a second box truck and remodeling our old auditorium (turning it into a Chapel).
- We’re excited to announce that starting January 1st, 2022 we’re going to be reading through the Bible together this year at Coastal! We’ll be following the One Year Bible reading plan (a daily reading of the Old Testament, the New Testament, Psalms & Proverbs). We’ll have a limited number of One Year Bibles for purchase at the church ($10) if you’d like a hard copy, or you can purchase them online. You can also simply choose the One Year Bible reading plan through the YouVersion app or Bible.com. You can sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday, and we’ll add you to an email list for regular encouragement and Study notes throughout the year! If you’ve never read through the Bible, this would be a great way to get started!
- SPRING LIFE GROUP LEADERS! If you are interested in Leading, Co-Leading, or Hosting a Spring 2022 LIFE Group in-person or online, sign up on your Connect Card. For more details or to answer any of your questions, please reach out to Pastor Scott Huff at email@example.com.
- Young Adults Ice Skating Night – all young adults are invited to the Carolina Ice Palace on Friday, December 17 for ice skating from 8-10pm. The cost is $14 which includes skates. We will meet at the Ice Palace at 7pm to eat before we skate. If you would like to join us or if you have any questions, contact Pastor Scott Huff – firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. Sunday, December 19th, is going to be “Ugly Christmas Sweater Day” at Coastal! We’re encouraging everyone to break out and wear that ugly Christmas sweater! We’ll have 3 special Christmas Eve Services on Friday, December 24th at 3pm, 4:30pm, and 6pm. Childcare (Birth-5th Grade) will be provided for all 3 Christmas Eve services with a Christmas Pajama Party for children 2 years old and up. Sunday, December 26th, there will be NO IN-PERSON SERVICES. All services will be ONLINE ONLY. Sunday, January 2nd, there will one in-person service at 9:30am. As always, the service will be online live at 9:30am, and rebroadcast online at 11:15am and 6pm.