Okay, okay, we’re not really having a “Black Friday Sale” at Coastal! I just thought it might be a creative way to get you to open and read my “Friday 5.” I know how some of you get when you hear the word SALE! I hope you and your family truly had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday! Today is traditionally called “Black Friday.” And then next week we have “Cyber Monday” and “Giving Tuesday”! Regardless of what labels we assign these days, the reality is that more people will buy more STUFF online this weekend and over the next month than any other time of the year. That’s not a bad thing, BUT it isn’t eternal. Our church exists to share and experience the LIFE and LOVE of Jesus with Charleston & the world – and that IS eternal!
So, while you’re shopping online today and over the next month, why not consider doing one of 2 things. And here’s my CYBER OFFER: 100% of your investment will go to reaching people for Jesus!
- Go here and give to God through the local church from our website. The investment is eternal. It lasts way longer than a big screen, toy, or new shoes.
- Give toward our Christmas Offering – simply use the keyword “Christmas” (see below). Each and every gift counts – small and large. We can’t all give the same amount, but we can each sacrifice. And when all of us do that together, that’s when God does a miracle. Our goal this year is $125,000. With that money, we’ll be purchasing a second Box Truck and remodeling our old auditorium into a beautiful Chapel!
Many people give to Coastal with their smartphone through TEXTING! After a one step, one time registration process (takes less than 2 minutes), you simply text any amount to 843-277-8337 and hit send. GIVE IT A TRY! You can give any amount, any where, any time, any place. It is not billed to your phone. It is through your Bank/Credit Card that you register. It is simple, safe, and secure.
Whether you and your family are here in Charleston or out of town this weekend, I hope to see you at Coastal on Sunday – in-person or online! However, remember we are only having 1 in-person service this Sunday – 9:30am. As always, the service will be online live at 9:30am, and rebroadcast online at 11:15am and 6pm. We kick off our “Christmas at Coastal” series on Sunday, December 5th. Take advantage of this season and this series and invite your friends to church!
On a very personal note, I’m asking you to please pray for a friend of mine – Mike Diamond. He has COVID-19, and I just found out that he’s been admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. He’s had many respiratory issues over the years, so this is very serious. I say my friend, but in all reality he’s my Dad. He was the one who led me to the Lord, he was my Youth Pastor growing up, he was the best man in my wedding, he’s my mentor, my Pastor, and my spiritual Father. I’m pretty sure I’ve talked to him every week of my life for the past 41 years. Pray for his wife, his children, and his grand children. Pray for his church. He’s the Pastor of Victory Christian Church in Goose Creek, a small church that he started years ago. I will keep you updated as I hear more. Thank you!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
Saturday Serve – The foundation of all of our serving opportunities at Coastal really starts with Saturday Serve – the first Saturday of every month. The next Saturday Serve is Saturday, December 4th. We meet in the Welcome Center/Cafe at 8:30am, project leaders make a “pitch” for their serving opportunity, and then we serve! Make plans NOW to be there!
Seacoast Church Warming Shelter – We will be assisting with meals for the new homeless warming shelter right around the corner from our church at Seacoast West Ashley. Breakfast Bag Team, Saturday, December 4th, 6-8pm & Dinner Team, Sunday, December 5th, 5-8:30pm. Both Teams will meet at Coastal’s Welcome Center.
Neighbors Together (formerly Tri-County Ministries) – We will be assisting with their Emergency Grocery Distribution, Wednesday, December 8th, 9:45am-12:30pm. Meet at: 2105 Cosgrove Ave. North Charleston.
Patriot Villas Veterans Tailgate – We will be putting on a Tailgate for the Veterans at Patriot Villas on Thursday, December 9th, 6-8:15pm. Meet at Coastal’s Welcome Center.
Clothing Team – Our Coastal Clothing Team will be organizing and sorting clothes Friday, December 10th, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 2952 Old Pond Road on Johns Island.
If you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- Our goal for our 9th Annual Christmas Offering is $125,000! Now through the second Sunday of the New Year, January 9th (7 more weeks), we are encouraging our entire Coastal family to give above and beyond their regular tithes and offering to this year’s Christmas Offering. To give, all you have to do is designate your gift “Christmas” on your check, offering envelope, card swiping “description”, online through Paypal, or TEXTing (843-277-8337). You can give your gift during these 7 weeks at any of our regular Sunday morning services or anytime through TEXTing, our website, or our App. You might also consider giving it all at once during one of our 3 Christmas Eve Services (Thursday, December 24th, 3pm, 4:30pm, & 6pm). Our entire Christmas Eve offering will go toward our Annual Christmas Offering. With this year’s offering we are purchasing a second box truck and remodeling our old auditorium.
- Our Christmas at Coastal series kicks off on Sunday, December 5th! Our new facility will be beautifully decorated and a great place to get pictures! Sunday, December 19th is going to be “Ugly Christmas Sweater Day” at Coastal! We’re encouraging everyone to break out and wear that ugly Christmas sweater! We’ll have 3 special Christmas Eve Services on Friday, December 24th at 3pm, 4:30pm, and 6pm. Childcare (Birth-5th Grade) will be provided for all 3 Christmas Eve services with a Christmas Pajama Party for children 2 years old and up.
- Don’t forget – there will only be one in-person service THIS Sunday, November 28th at 9:30am. The service will be online at 9:30am live and replayed online again at 11:15am and 6pm on Sunday. If you’ve got friends and family in town from Thanksgiving, bring them with you to church!
- If you’re fairly new to Coastal, a great next step is our Newcomers Reception. Our next Newcomers Reception is Sunday, December 5th, in the new Gather Space next to the cafe immediately following the 11:15am service (at approximately 12:30pm). This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. You can respond to this email, sign up on our website, or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday.
P.S. SPRING LIFE GROUP LEADERS! If you are interested in Leading, Co-Leading, or Hosting a Spring 2022 LIFE Group in-person or online, sign up on your Connect Card. For more details or to answer any of your questions, please reach out to Pastor Scott Huff at firstname.lastname@example.org.