Are you ready for me to freak you out? Get ready. Here it comes! Christmas is just 33 days away! To kick off the Christmas season, on Sunday, December 1st we’re beginning a brand new series called, “It’s a Wonderful Life?” The question mark is very intentional. Because for so many people, from Thanksgiving to New Years is not “the most wonderful time of the year.” For many people, it’s a season full of depression, stress, discouragement, anxiety, and painful memories. Well, to help us all discover the true wonderful life available to all of us in Jesus, we’re going to look at four names, four descriptions given to Jesus in a very familiar passage of scripture during this time of year – Isaiah 9:6. It’s actually an Old Testament prophecy, written some 700 years before the birth of Jesus during a time when there was a lot of turmoil, a lot of unrest, and a lot of fear – in many ways, much like today. Here’s what it says, “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Make plans now to invite and bring a friend to to church during this series!
Well, if you haven’t heard yet, this past Sunday we announced that God did a miracle in our midst! We gave the largest single offering in the history of our church to kick off our “Daring Faith” Campaign – $202,635.80 (that includes over $2,800 in CHANGE)! Our 3 year commitment grand total was $1,689,886.82! Actually, the total keeps climbing since the announcement was made on Sunday! It’s now over $1.7 million after more cards were turned in! In fact, people are still turning in money and Commitment Cards almost every day! What a GREAT GOD we serve! I am so proud of you Coastal!
By the way, if you haven’t yet turned in a Commitment Card or Sacrificial Offering, it’s not too late to participate. In fact, many people picked up Commitment Cards on Sunday. You can either drop it off at the church office any time during the week (8:30am-4pm), put it in one of our offering envelopes and drop it in the mail, or you can even do it all online. Don’t let Satan rob you from being a part of the miracle of this opportunity for growth and blessing that God wants to do in your life.
Now, let me see if I can answer a couple of questions people have had:
- When do I start my giving toward “Daring Faith”? Now. Your Sacrificial Offering was the start of your “Daring Faith” Commitment. I would encourage you to consider automating your giving. You can do that through your bank or we can step you through it.
- Do I still need to designate the “Daring Faith” portion of my giving? Yes. Whatever you are giving towards your “Daring Faith” commitment please continue to mark it “DaringFaith.” If you are using TEXT to Give remember that “DaringFaith” is all one word, no space. If you are using TEXT to Give, you can’t separate your regular giving and your “Daring Faith” giving in one TEXT. You’ll have to send them separately. You can separate your giving through check or PayPal on the memo (ex. $100 tithe, $100 Daring Faith).
Obviously, if you have any other questions please reach out. I love you Coastal and I am forever grateful for all of you! “Now you should finish what you started. Let the eagerness you showed in the beginning be matched now by your giving. Give in proportion to what you have.” (2 Corinthians 8:11 NLT) Let’s go for it Coastal!
See you Sunday!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- We are in the planning stages right now of the 2020 Winter/Spring Semester of LIFE Groups! If you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group, please sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or respond to this email. If you have any questions you can also reach out to Pastor Scott Huff at email@example.com. LIFE Group Sunday will be January 26th!
- Christmas might seem like a long way off, but December is just right around the corner! Our church responded so well to the “Daring Faith” Daily Devotional that we’ve written a daily devotional entitled “The Reason” to help you along during this Christmas season. The devotional will be emailed out to you each morning from December 1st through the 25th. The devotionals cover several Old Testament prophecies, the events around Jesus’ birth, and His character. If you would like to receive the daily devotional please email Pastor Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org or check the box on your Connect Card this Sunday. We pray that this small daily reminder will keep the focus on “The Reason” for the Season!
- Mark your calendars now! On Friday evening, December 6th, from 6:30-8:30PM, Coastal is having its Volunteer Banquet! This includes all Volunteers and Life Group Leaders and their spouses and children. If you serve, volunteer, or lead in any capacity at Coastal you are invited! It will be a time to thank our volunteers, worship, and for Pastor Chris to share a few things from his heart. Childcare will be provided. If you plan on coming, please respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. Please indicate if you need childcare (how many children & ages) and how many total people will be attending so we can plan accordingly.
- Our next Saturday Serve is Saturday, December 7th! Saturday Serve is open to EVERYONE in our community. You do not need to be a Member of our church to participate. We meet in the Coastal Café at 8:30am. After a few minutes of getting to know one another, leaders of multiple community projects will brief you on the particulars of the projects they are leading. Afterwards, you’ll choose the project that’s of interest to you and off you’ll go! All projects are typically finished before lunchtime, so it’s not a sacrifice of your entire Saturday. Come out and help us tangibly share and experience the LIFE and LOVE of Jesus with our community!
- Mark you calendars now! Along with our regular services on Sunday, December 22nd, we’ll have special Christmas Eve services on Tuesday, December 24th at 3pm, 4:30pm, and 6pm. Children ages Birth-5th Grade can enjoy a Christmas Party during each service. If you serve in any Ministry, please contact your Ministry Leader and volunteer to serve now at one of our services.
P.S. If you took home a shoebox to fill for Operation Christmas Child, don’t forget to bring it back with you to church no later than this coming Sunday.