Shoeboxes, Shoeboxes as far as the eye can see! Don’t forget, all filled and completed shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child must be returned by this Sunday! As you can see from the pictures, our OCC Team of Volunteers have been wrapping and packing all the shoeboxes and supplies that we already have on hand. And whatever doesn’t get put in a shoebox HERE is going to be shipped to OCC and used as filler as they pack shoeboxes THERE! In other words, we’re going to be a part of reaching thousands of children all around the world! How exciting is that! None of this would be possible without YOU and your generosity – the money you have given and all the toys and supplies you have donated this past year (plus all the shoeboxes you’ll be bringing this Sunday)!
And speaking of Christmas, I hope you saw my email this week about this year’s Annual Christmas Offering! Our goal is big – $75,000! But I believe that over the next 9 weeks, with God’s help, together we can reach it! Beginning this Sunday, November 15th, through the second Sunday of the New Year, January 10th (9 weeks), we are encouraging our entire Coastal family to give above and beyond their regular tithes and offering to this year’s Christmas Offering. To give, all you have to do is designate your gift “Christmas” on your check, offering envelope, card swiping “description”, online through Paypal, or TEXTing (843-277-8337). You can give your gift during those 9 weeks (Nov. 15th – Jan. 10th) at any of our regular Sunday morning services or anytime through TEXTing, our website, or our App. You might also consider giving it all at once during one of our 3 Christmas Eve Services (Thursday, December 24th, 3pm, 4:30pm, & 6pm). Our entire Christmas Eve offering will go toward our Annual Christmas Offering.
So what are we going to do with that $75,000? Mainly 3 things: 1. We’re going to fully fund our 2 current monthly Tailgate Parties where we feed hundreds of people each month. 2. We’re going to buy a “Box Truck”! We’re super pumped about all the outreach possibilities of this truck – equipment and supply transportation for the tailgate parties, advertising for the church, disaster relief, community events, and more. 3. We’re going to purchase indoor and outdoor playground equipment for our new Children’s facility.
So, start praying about what you and your family can give toward this offering and maybe make an initial gift this weekend. Remember, this offering should be over and above what you regularly give. If you’re not regularly giving (weekly, monthly), use this time of year and this offering to start. If you’re not tithing (10% of your gross income), step out in faith and start tithing. Reaching this goal will be a celebration of what God can do through our church as together we stretch our faith. Again, simply use the the keyword “Christmas” whenever and however you give toward the Christmas Offering.
Have a great Friday! Can’t wait to see you over the weekend – Saturday for Coastal Kidz setup at Orange Grove Middle School at 8:30am, Membership Class at the church (or Zoom – see below) on Saturday at 9am, or Sunday for worship in-person or online, 9:30am & 11:15am! Oh and speaking of Sunday services, there will only be one in-person service on Sunday, November 29th (the Sunday after Thanksgiving) at 9:30am.
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- Upcoming Outreach Projects:
Coastal is constantly and continually engaged in being the hands and feet of Jesus in our community. Here are this week’s opportunities!
Lowcountry Orphan Relief – Lowcountry Orphan Relief provides support services and aid to meet the needs of Lowcountry children identified as at-risk or suffering from abandonment, abuse and/or neglect. Coastal has a long standing relationship with LOR, and next Friday, November 20th from 9am-11am we’re sending a team there to serve. We meet at 1850 Truxton Ave in North Charleston.
Suburban Hotel Tailgate – Let’s make an impact together by serving local veterans and persons transitioning from a local homeless shelter in Charleston into permanent housing at the Suburban Hotel in North Charleston! Next Saturday, November 21st from 10am-1pm we’re sending a Tailgate Team who will provide grilled burgers and hot dogs for those in need. We meet at Coastal in the Welcome Center! This is a project that is suitable for the whole family.
If you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- Many of you might not be aware of this, but our church has a Grief Share Group that meets on Monday nights, 6:30pm at the church. Grief Share is a support group for people who are grieving the loss of a loved one and need support, encouragement, and hope. On Monday night, November 16th, 6:30pm-8:30pm our group is hosting a “Surviving the Holidays” seminar. This event will help you discover how to deal with emotions, give helpful tips on how to survive holiday social events, and discover hope for the future. Contact Sue Muoio at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP or for more information or register at www.griefshare.org. Spread the word – the Group and this event are open to the public!
- As we quickly approach the end of our Fall Semester of LIFE Groups, we are beginning to prepare for the next semester in the new year. If you are possibly interested in leading or assisting a LIFE Group in 2021, please let us know. You don’t have to have it all figured out yet – study, day, time, location, style (in-person/online) – we’re just curious if you’re interested. If you are, please reach out to Pastor Scott Huff or simply respond to this email.
- Our “Christmas at Coastal” series kicks off on Sunday, December 6th! We’ll have 3 special Christmas Eve services on Thursday, December 24th at 3pm, 4:30pm, and 6pm. Coastal Volunteers make sure you reach out to your Ministry Team Leaders about signing up to serve. Most importantly, be praying about who you will invite and bring. Also, please make note that the Sunday after Christmas (December 27th), services will be online only – no in-person services.
- Interested in officially making Coastal your church family by becoming a Member? Our next Membership Class is THIS Saturday (tomorrow) morning, November 14th, 9am-11:30am. You can respond to this email or sign up on our website. You can join us either in-person or online through Zoom.
P.S. Christmas at the Suburban Hotel! On Saturday, December 19th, 9am-1pm, Coastal is going to throw an Outdoor Christmas Party & Traditional Holiday Meal for all the folks at the Suburban! We need your help to prepare, provide, and serve an outdoor meal for the transitional residents complete with a lit Christmas Tree, holiday music, wrapped gifts, and holiday themed blessing bags! Sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or contact Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613 for more details.