I want to give you a little bit of a head’s up on our next series. As always, I’m very excited about it. In fact, I’ve never preached on it before. I’m going to preach a 4 week series on the book/character of Job. Most people have heard about Job and know something about his story. You’ve probably heard the phrase, “The patience of Job.” Many people refer to Job when answering the age old question: why do bad things happen to good people? Job is all about the sovereignty of God and remaining faithful in the midst of great pain and suffering. The reality is that life is hard and many of you have experienced great pain. Well, where is God is all of that and how do we remain faithful? I’ll kick of the series on Sunday, November 2nd. The tagline for the series is: “Trusting God’s heart when you can’t trace His hand.”
Here are 5 Things I want you to make note of:
- The month of October is “Operation Christmas Child” month at Coastal! Bring shoeboxes, toys, and other items to fill those shoeboxes to church. Our wrapping & packing party will be Saturday morning, November 8th, 10am-Noon. For more information about the ministry & mission of Operation Christmas Child, please check out their website.
- We’re having a Baptism Service in all 3 services this Sunday! Right now we have 18 people getting baptized! If you are interested in getting baptized, simply respond to this email or sign up on our website! We’d love for you to join us!
- If you have any smart phone (iPhone, Android, or Windows), ipad, or tablet, download the new Coastal App! Simply go to your App Store and search for Coastal Community Church! It’s FREE! The App is a great way to spread the Gospel and keep up with all things Coastal! Make sure you enable push notifications so we can periodically send out important text notices.
- Interested in going on a Missions Trip to Peru? There is an informational meeting this Sunday, October 19th, at 6:30pm at Coastal. See Pastor Scott Huff for more information.
- Interested in formalizing your commitment to Coastal? Want to officially join the Coastal family? Make plans to attend our next Membership Class on Monday night, November 3rd, from 6pm-9pm. Childcare and light refreshments provided. You can sign up on our website or on your Connect Card.
Have a great Saturday! Can’t wait to see you and your friends on Sunday!
Forever & Always ALL IN!
Pastor Chris (PC)
P.S. A $75 non-refundable deposit for the Student Winter Retreat is due by November 5th. See Pastor Scott for more info.