Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, “There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven.” I’m curious, what season are you in right now? A season of joy? A season of growth? A season of pain? A season of peace? A season of prosperity? A season of hardship? My guess is that God has you right where He wants you, for a season and for a reason. Seasons come and go. That’s also true of the seasons of life. Whatever season you find yourself in right now, I pray that you make the most of it, that you give God thanks in the middle of it, and that you learn and grow through it.
Right now in our current season at Coastal, we’re working our way through the book of James on Sunday mornings. We’re calling the series, “Losing My Religion.” It’s all about putting our faith into action. Last week we talked about the trials of life. This week, I’ll be in James 1:13-18, talking about temptation. I hope you’ll join us. I hope you’ll allow God and His word to speak to you in whatever season you find yourself in.
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
1. Looking for a way to serve our community and make an IMPACT? Come and be a part of Saturday Serve! Saturday Serve meets the first Saturday of every month (the next one is TOMORROW, October 6th) at 8:30am in the Welcome Center. We explain all the different serving opportunities that day, pray, and then send everyone off. This month we’ll be serving food at the North Charleston Tailgate Party, making meals for SC Strong & My Sister’s House, and visiting Jenkins Orphanage & Brookdale Assisted Living Facility. Come out and put your faith into action!
2. Our Annual Coastal Tailgating Day – is Sunday, October 14th! Sign up this Sunday on your Connect Card for a Tailgating Spot. We’d love to have 15-20 Tailgaters! We’ll also have jump castles and other outdoor activities for the kids. After each service, in the center of all the Tailgating Tents, we’re going to have an outdoor Baptism Service! You can sign up to get Baptized on our website, on your Connect Card, or simply respond to this email. (The Mobile Blood Bank from the Red Cross had to reschedule to Sunday, October 28th.)
3. New to Coastal? Join us Sunday, October 28th in the Welcome Center, immediately following the 11:15am service for our Newcomers Reception. This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card.
4. Pastor Ryan and his wife Gracie are expecting a Baby Girl! You are invited to a church-wide Baby Shower (men & women) in their honor on Sunday, October 28th at 6pm. The Spell’s are registered at Target and Amazon (just click on the links).
5. Being a Member of Coastal is really about being a part of a family. The next Membership Class is Monday night, October 29th, 6pm-9pm. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, or simply respond to this email.
P.S. Interested in serving on the First Impressions Parking Team? We’re looking for some people with high energy who love welcoming people to Coastal! It’s a great opportunity to greet guests, help keep everyone safe, and enjoy the camaraderie of a fun group of people (and you might get to drive a golf cart)! If you’re interested, respond to this email or reach out to Chris Ranew at email@example.com or 706-941-2044.