I can’t thank our Volunteers & Staff enough for all the hard work for our Tailgating Party last Sunday! It was so much fun! A special thank you to Shealy Pendarvis & Ricky Spell for providing all the Barbecue and feeding everyone! And this year marks the first time we’ve ever had a WWF Tent! “Wessel-Mania” – I laughed out loud when I saw that sign!!
On top of all that we Baptized 4 more people and had 694 people in attendance! Our first service was at capacity. In fact, we’re at the point of needing people to make the shift from the 9:30am service to the 11:15am service – to make room for more growth. We’re also at the point of making plans to add a third service. We’ll let you know when that happens, but right now we’re looking at the beginning of the year. A third service simply expands our capacity to continue to grow and reach more people for Jesus. These are exciting times Coastal! Keep reaching out! Keep praying! Keep inviting! Be willing to do whatever it takes to make room and reach people!
One of the marks of a church that is willing to do whatever it takes to grow is it’s willingness to serve. A third service means expanding all of our Sunday Morning Ministries – Children’s Ministry, Cafe, Security, 1st Impressions. Would you be willing to serve in any of these Ministries as we make preparations for growth? If so, simply respond to this email and we will follow up with you!
And yes, if you’re wondering, we are making plans now for our next facility – a worship space & expanded children’s space! Our current facility then becomes a dedicated Student & Community Center. Late this past Spring we met with the architecture firm LS3P to work on the Master Plan for our property. We will reveal those plans and next steps later in 2019. For now, let’s continue to make the most of what we have for God’s glory! Let’s work and serve and invite and give like it all depends on us! Let’s pray like it all depends on God. And then let’s walk by faith, trust God, and celebrate whatever He does! I’m just thankful that I get to be a part of it with wonderful people like YOU!
YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS SUNDAY! I’ve got a message we ALL need to hear! It’s from James 2 and it’s on prejudice. James 2:1 says, “My dear brothers and sisters, how can you claim that you have faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ if you favor some people more than others?” As always, this would be a GREAT Sunday to invite and bring your friends!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
1. Pastor Chris is participating in Oakland Elementary School’s Annual “Trunk or Treat” on Thursday night, October 25th, 5-6:30pm. We are collecting candy for Pastor Chris and all the Teachers to pass out! Please bring the candy to church this Sunday. We’re also grilling hotdogs for the event. See Pastor Chris if you would like to help. He’s decorating his truck with a Clemson theme (of course)! If you have any stuff he can use (or you’ll decorate a large pumpkin), respond to this email and let him know!
2. Pastor Ryan and his wife Gracie are expecting a Baby Girl! You are invited to a church-wide Baby Shower (men & women) in their honor on Sunday, October 28th at 6pm. The Spell’s are registered at Target and Amazon (just click on the links).
3. New to Coastal? Join us Sunday, October 28th in the Welcome Center, immediately following the 11:15am service for our Newcomers Reception. This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card.
4. Being a Member of Coastal is really about being a part of a family. The next Membership Class is Monday night, October 29th, 6pm-9pm. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, respond to this email, or sign up Sunday on your Connect Card.
5. There are ONLY 2 WEEKS LEFT to bring toys & supplies for Operation Christmas Child! Bring any toys that will fit in a shoe box (no perishables, liquids, used items, candy, or toys associated with war or fighting). Our Wrapping & Packing Party will be Friday, November 2nd, 6pm at the church. You can also donate money directly to the church to be used to purchase toys. Simply designate your offering envelope, check, or text any amount to 843-277-8337 with the designation “occ“.
P.S. Looking for a way to serve our community and make an IMPACT? Come and be a part of Saturday Serve! Saturday Serve meets the first Saturday of every month (the next one is November 3rd) at 8:30am in the Welcome Center. We explain all the different serving opportunities that day, pray, and then send everyone off.