By the way, I’ve got some great news – 3 more people gave their life to Jesus last Sunday at Coastal! Woohoo! Are you ready for this – we’re at 71 salvations for the year!! 71 people have crossed the line of faith and have asked Jesus Christ to be their Savior and Lord! That’s what it’s all about Coastal! That’s why we do what we do! Keep inviting! Keep reaching out! Keep praying! Pray for your ONE! Pray for me and my message each week! Pray that God would draw people to Himself at Coastal and that we would continue to lift up Jesus!
This Sunday we’re in week 4 of our series on James called, “Losing My Religion.” James 1:22 says, “Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.” That’s what this series is all about, and that’s what I’ll be talking about on Sunday – James 1:19-27.
There are so many opportunities to do that here at Coastal – to put our faith into action. Honestly, that’s what I feel this weekly email from me is all about – just us sharing opportunities to be the hands and feet of Jesus in our community and our world. So don’t just be a “hearer” – be a “doer.”
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
1. Pastor Chris is participating in Oakland Elementary School’s Annual “Trunk or Treat” on Thursday night, October 25th, 5-6:30pm. We are collecting candy for Pastor Chris and all the Teachers to pass out. You can bring the candy to church any time between now and the 25th. We’re also grilling hotdogs for the event. See Pastor Chris if you would like to help.
2. Pastor Ryan and his wife Gracie are expecting a Baby Girl! You are invited to a church-wide Baby Shower (men & women) in their honor on Sunday, October 28th at 6pm. The Spell’s are registered at Target and Amazon (just click on the links).
3. New to Coastal? Join us Sunday, October 28th in the Welcome Center, immediately following the 11:15am service for our Newcomers Reception. This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card.
4. Being a Member of Coastal is really about being a part of a family. The next Membership Class is Monday night, October 29th, 6pm-9pm. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, respond to this email, or sign up Sunday on your Connect Card.
5. There are only 3 weeks left to bring toys & supplies for Operation Christmas Child! Bring any toys that will fit in a shoe box (no perishables, liquids, used items, candy, or toys associated with war or fighting). Our Wrapping & Packing Party will be Friday, November 2nd, 6pm at the church. You can also donate money directly to the church to be used to purchase toys. Simply designate your offering envelope, check, or text any amount to 843-277-8337 with the designation “occ“.
P.S. Speaking of putting your faith into action – that’s what your giving is all about. It’s a tangible opportunity to make sure your walk matches your talk. Or a better way to say it, to “put your money where your mouth is.” You can give through our website, our App (yes, we have a FREE App), or TEXT any amount to 843-277-8337! “Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.” James 1:22