WOW – what a great start to our new series, “The WORD!” This past Sunday we laid the foundation for the series by trying to answer the question as to why you should read the Bible in the first place. We talked about how the Bible is unique, it’s accurate, and it’s inspired. This coming Sunday we’re going to take it a little bit further and personalize it for you as we talk about what are some of the benefits of reading and studying the Bible. But what I was really excited about is that right now, approximately 200 people have made a commitment to read through the Bible with us this year! Is that awesome or what?! I can’t wait to see how God speaks and moves in your life this year! And it’s not too late to join in with us. Simply respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. And then the easiest thing to do is to go to youversion.com or your Bible App and sign up for The One Year Bible reading plan. So what if you didn’t get started on January 1st – your year can start today! The devil will give you all kinds of excuses. Don’t listen to him! There is nothing in my life that Satan has fought me harder and more consistently with over the years than trying to keep me from reading my Bible and having a Quiet Time. The reason should be obvious. He knows the power found in God’s Word.
This Sunday is also the last Sunday to give toward our Christmas Offering. We set a Big Goal this year – $125,000. But with that goal we’re going to do some great things. First of all, we’re going to purchase and outfit a new Coastal Box Truck for outreach in our community. And then we’re going to remodel our old auditorium into a Chapel that can be used by our church, children, students, and community. So where are we with our goal? Great question. All I’m going to say right now is that we’re close, but we’re still short. If you haven’t given anything yet toward this special offering, I hope you’ll do so this week/weekend. What we’ve learned over the years is that when all of us give together, that’s when God shows up and does a miracle. Every gift counts – no gift is too small or too big. To give, all you have to do is designate your gift “Christmas” on your check, offering envelope, card swiping “description”, online through Paypal, our App, or TEXTing (843-277-8337). I will announce our Grand Total next Sunday and together we’ll celebrate what God did in our midst!
And don’t forget that we’re back to our regular in-person Sunday morning service schedule this Sunday – 9:30am & 11:15am. And as always, you can watch all of our services (9:30am, 11:15am, and 6pm) on our Facebook page, our YouTube channel, or at https://coastalcommchurch.churchonline.org.
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
PINK House – The PINK House is a community center in the Ardmore subdivision in West Ashley. We are going to be putting on a community Tailgate Party, Clothing Distribution, on Saturday, January 8th, 10am-1pm. Meet at the church at 10:00AM.
Soldier’s Angels – We’ll be helping with the Veteran’s Mobile Food Distribution, Tuesday, January 11th, 8am-1pm. Meet at 1113 Sam Rittenburg Blvd. (The Elks Lodge).
Warming Shelter – We will be assisting with meals for the new homeless warming shelter right around the corner from our church at Seacoast West Ashley – Dinner Team. Thursday, January 13th, 6-8:30pm. Meet at Coastal.
Clothing Team – Our Coastal Clothing Team will be organizing and sorting clothes Friday, January 14th, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 2952 Old Pond Road on Johns Island.
Neighbors Together Grocery Distribution – We will be assisting with their Emergency Grocery Distribution, Wednesday, January 19th, 9:45am-12:30pm. Meet at: 2105 Cosgrove Ave. North Charleston.
Patriot Villas Veterans Tailgate – We will be putting on a Tailgate for the Veterans at Patriot Villas on Thursday, January 20th, 6-8:15pm. Meet at Coastal’s Welcome Center.
If you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- We’re excited to announce that we are having a SUPER BOWL PARTY in our new facility on Sunday, February 13th at 6pm! Come watch the Big Game being played simultaneously on all 6 HUGE screens! We’ll provide pulled pork BBQ, drinks, and paper products. You bring your favorite sides or game snacks to share! Childcare is not provided, however, the playgrounds and Coastal Kidz will be open (you are responsible for your children). Come join the fun and invite and bring friends!
- Okay Coastal, it’s time to show your generosity once again! Stop by the display in the Welcome Center on Sunday to pick up an “Oakland Orca” to help provide classroom wish list items for Oakland Elementary School Teachers & Staff (the Elementary School across the street). There are books, supplies, snacks, small things, big things, and “dream items”! Purchase your items and then bring them back to the church (unwrapped) by the end of January. Let’s show the love and generosity of Jesus to our neighbors across the street!
- ATTENTION ALL SPRING LIFE GROUP LEADERS: There is a LIFE Group Leader Training on Saturday (tomorrow), January 8th, 9am-10:30am OR Monday, January 10th, 6:30pm-8pm. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Scott Huff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interested in officially making the Coastal church family, your church family? Our next Membership Class is Monday night, January 24th, 6-8:30pm. You can respond to this email, sign up on our website, or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. You can join us either in-person or online through Zoom.
P.S. Our WAVES Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade) resumes this Wednesday night, January 12th, 6pm-8pm. Make sure your Student is there for a night of Food, Games, Groups, Worship, & a Message! As always, invite and bring friends! Also, if you would like to help pay for a scholarship for one of our Students to go to the Winter Retreat (January 15th-17th in Pigeon Forge, TN), the full cost is $225. You can pay any amount using the keyword “winter retreat.” You can use Venmo @coastalcommunitychurchchs or texting any amount to 843-277-8337 (ex. “225.00 winter retreat”) and following the prompts. If you have any questions about Student Ministry, reach out to Pastor Scott Huff, 859-230-5129.