I sincerely hope you and your family have had a great start to 2020! Don’t forget that we are back to our normal service times this Sunday – two services, 9:30am and 11:15am. After a couple of weeks of people being out of town, this is the perfect Sunday for everyone to return! It’s the first Sunday of the New Year, AND we’re kicking off a new series called, “The New You.” We’re going to be talking about specific strategies for intentionally improving your overall health and wellness in the different areas of your life – spiritual, physical, emotional, financial, and relational. Don’t miss it! We need this!
As you’re praying about goals and changes you want to make in 2020, can I encourage you to include making Coastal a priority? Jesus called the church His Body, His Bride. Jesus died for the church. Jesus started the church. The church is the Family of God and the only thing that will last on into eternity. The church is the hope of the world, and when done right, there is nothing greater or more powerful than the local church. However, there is no perfect church – because the church is made up of people, you and me, and there are no perfect people. Church attendance/involvement is just like any other habit – it’s easy to make excuses and get out of the habit. So, my advice, make a commitment and push through. If it’s been a while, come this Sunday. If you already attend regularly, maybe it’s time you started serving. Maybe this is the semester that you join a LIFE Group. And how about this – invite and bring someone with you to church! You never know the power of a simple invitation.
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- Our next Saturday Serve is THIS Saturday, January 4th (tomorrow)! We meet at the church at 8:30am to debrief and then disburse to serve! All projects are typically finished before lunchtime, so it’s not a sacrifice of your entire Saturday. Come make an IMPACT in our community by being the hands and feet of Jesus! If you have any questions about Saturday Serve or ideas for future projects, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- Our 2020 Winter/Spring Semester of LIFE Groups is starting to take shape! For those of you who are leading, it’s time to turn in your Group information to Pastor Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org. LIFE Group Leader Training is either Tuesday, January 21st, 6:30pm-8:30pm or Saturday, January 25th, 10am-Noon (pick one). LIFE Group Sunday will be January 26th!
- New to Coastal? Join us Sunday, January 12th, in the Welcome Center immediately following the 11:15am service for our next Newcomers Reception. This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card. You can also simply respond to this email and let us know that you’re coming.
- I hope you’ve had a great start with our 100 Day Challenge! Today’s reading is Matthew 4. Remember there are 6 components of the 100 Day Challenge, 6 things we are asking you to do (3 are daily – 3 are next steps). Daily: 1. Read Through the 4 Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John – we’re providing the calendar). 2. Memorize 1 Bible verse a week (they’re listed on Sundays of the calendar). 3. Get Moving. Find an activity or exercise that you can do each day for 100 Days. Next Steps: 1. Take the Next Step In Your Giving. 2. Start Serving. 3. Join A LIFE Group. Even though the 100 days have already started, we’d love for you to jump in. Simply respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday if you want to join in. For those who sign up, you’ll receive a weekly email and periodic encouragements/reminders.
- Interested in formalizing your commitment to Coastal and officially making our church, your church family? Our next Membership Class is Saturday, February 8th 9am-12noon. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, your Connect Card,or byresponding to this email.
P.S. With the start of the New Year, this is the perfect time for you to start giving online. You might even consider automating your giving through your Bank. Your consistent, faithful, generous giving enables our church to make its IMPACT! Giving electronically is easy, safe, and secure! You can give through our website, our App (yes, we have a FREE App), or TEXT any amount to 843-277-8337! Don’t forget that if you are giving toward our “Daring Faith” Campaign to designate your giving with the keyword, “daringfaith” (all one word, no space). Thank you in advance for your generosity!