Woohoo! This coming Sunday is probably one of my favorite Sundays of the year! IT’S LIFE GROUP SUNDAY! For those of you who have never been to LIFE Group Sunday, let me explain. Both Sunday morning services are pretty much the same, just a little shorter. We make them shorter to give everyone more time to go out to the LIFE Group Tent on our front lawn after each service. Underneath the tent will be tables representing all the different LIFE Groups this semester. At those tables you’ll be able to meet the leaders, learn more about each Group, meet other people, enjoy some great snacks, AND SIGN UP FOR A LIFE GROUP! Our Coastal Kidz Children’s Ministry will have their regular classes and will be ready for pick up at their normal time. We will make an announcement in the tent when it’s time to pick them up. There are 3 different ways to sign up for Group at Coastal, but you only have to sign up one time/one way. You can sign up on your Connect Card, online from our website, or at one of the LIFE Group Tables. Go to our website, check out the catalog, and sign up for a LIFE Group today! By the way, our LIFE Groups are for everyone – whether you’re a member of our church, an occasional attender, or even if you’ve never attended on a Sunday. We’re called Coastal COMMUNITY Church and you (and your friends and family) are a part of our community. So spread the word and invite someone to join you!
I’ve got some more exciting news to share with you – the best kind of news! 20 Students gave their life to Jesus at the Winter Retreat last weekend! Let that sink in – 20 STUDENTS GAVE THEIR LIFE TO JESUS! Coastal, that’s why we do what we do – that’s what it’s all about!! I met with Pastor Ryan and Ashley Hojnacki (our Office Manager & one of our Student Ministry Leaders) this week to talk about their goals and plans. Let me just say that I’m so excited about what they have planned for Student Ministry this semester! God is going to continue to do some amazing things with our Students! Parents, GET YOUR STUDENTS (6th-12th Grade) TO WAVES WEDNESDAYS! It kicks off this Wednesday night 6-8:15pm for the New Year!
I want to let you know and get you excited about a new series that will kick off on Sunday, February 10th. It’s going to be a Marriage/Relationship series called, “The VOW.” Whether you hope to get married someday or you’ve already tied “the knot”, I promise you’ll get something out of this series. The week before the series begins, we’ll be mailing out a large postcard to all of West Ashley inviting people to attend. So, I want to challenge you to pull out all the stops and invite your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers to be your guest. And then as a part of the series, we’re having our Marriage Conference, February 22nd & 23rd and a special service on Sunday, February 24th, where we will give all married couples during both services an opportunity to renew their wedding vows. And then, immediately after both services that Sunday we’re going to have our version of a “wedding reception” outside underneath a tent complete with cake, food, pictures, and music! It’s going to be quite a Sunday to remember! The whole series is going to be awesome! Start praying, planning, and preparing now for the people you will be inviting!
I want to thank those of you who took a “Fish” from our “Wish Fish” Table for Oakland Elementary School last Sunday! ALL OF THEM were taken! You can drop off your items at the church any time between now and Sunday, February 10th! As always, thank you for your generosity and making an IMPACT in our community!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
1. Coastal has a large, growing, active, and life changing Ministry called MOPS. MOPS stands for Mother’s of Preschoolers. They meet at the church on the 2nd & 4th Wednesday every month during the school year. They have a huge need that you might be interested in meeting or know someone who would. They are looking for people interested in helping with childcare. The childcare workers serve from 9:15am to 11:30am and are paid $20. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Carol Wessell at 843-725-8670 or email@example.com.
2. Our next Saturday Serve is Saturday, February 2nd! We will meet at the church at 8:30am to debrief and then disburse to serve! Come make an IMPACT in our community by being the hands and feet of Jesus! There is always something for the whole family! And PLEASE, invite and bring someone to serve with you! If you have any questions about Saturday Serve or ideas for future service opportunities, please contact Chris Jones at 843-870-4613 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Start 2019 off right by officially making Coastal Community Church YOUR church family! The first Membership Class of 2019 is Monday night, February 4th, 6pm-9pm. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, your Connect Card,or byresponding to this email.
4. New to Coastal? Join us Sunday, February 10th in the Welcome Center, immediately following the 11:15am service for our next Newcomers Reception. This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card.
5. During our Marriage/Relationship Series starting Sunday, February 10th (“The Vow”), Coastal is hosting a Marriage Conference – Friday & Saturday, February 22nd-23rd. The cost is $100 per couple/$50 per individual. Meals and Childcare are included. The Conference is open to the anyone in the community, so feel free to invite someone to join you! See our website for schedule and deposit details ($50 deposit due this Sunday, January 27th). You can sign up on your Connect Card or from our website online! We already have almost 90 adults signed up! My goal is to have over 100! Don’t miss out on this fun, practical and inspirational event!
P.S. So tomorrow, Saturday, January 26th is my wife Janet’s Birthday! She’s not on social media so feel free to send her a Happy Birthday text or email tomorrow at email@example.com or 843-442-8299. Help me make her Birthday a special one!