Wow – everyone must have taken to heart my challenge to make church a priority in 2019. Our attendance was 629 this past Sunday! We will be adding an extra row of chairs in the auditorium (especially for the 1st service). You can help us out by coming early and sitting to the front and center of each section of chairs. If service times don’t matter too much to you, come to the 11:15am service. It will make more room in the 9:30am service (by far the fuller service). But most importantly, come to the service that your guests are coming to! Also, please park over at the school and leave the up front parking for our guests. And yes, we are in the planning stages now for adding a 3rd service. We still have room to grow with our 2 services, but we want to be prepared for our continued growth.
I got a lot of feedback from last week’s message as we kicked off, “In the Beginning.” It’s really hard to answer all of the questions you might have about the Doctrine of Creation in a Sunday morning sermon. However, a book that I would highly recommend is Lee Strobel’s, The Case for the Creator. This coming Sunday, I’ll be talking about Adam & Eve, the Fall of Man, and the tactics that Satan uses to lure us into sin. I think you’ll discover that he still uses the same tactics today. Don’t miss it! And as always, invite and bring friends!
This Sunday is the last Sunday to give towards our Annual Christmas Offering! I’m not going to tell you where we are right now – I’ll announce the grand total in next week’s Friday 5 and at church that week.
Make sure you sign up for a couple of events that are coming up here at Coastal: the Darkness to Light Stewards of Children Training this coming Tuesday and our Marriage Conference that we’re hosting on February 22nd & 23rd. You’ll see all the info below. Register today from our website!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
1. We are putting the finishing touches on the Spring Semester of LIFE Groups! If you ARE leading a Group, we need all of your Group info (Group Name, meeting day & time, location, description) turned in to Pastor Scott NOW. LIFE Group Sunday will be January 27th and LIFE Groups will begin the week of February 10th. Our LIFE Group Leader Training for all Leaders & Assistants is either Tuesday, January 22nd, 6:30pm-8:30pm or Saturday, January 26th, 10am-12noon (pick one).
2. Attention all parents and volunteers who work with children or students: Coastal is hosting “Darkness to Light” and their “Stewards of Children Prevention Training” THIS Tuesday night, January 15th, 6:30pm to 8:30pm at our church. The training is free (Coastal is picking up the $10 per person fee). Spread the word and invite anyone in the community. The training teaches adults how to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. It is the only nationally distributed, evidence-informed program proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes, and change child protective behaviors. Please RSVP on your Connect Card or from our website online.
3. Start 2019 off right by officially making Coastal Community Church YOUR church family! The first Membership Class of 2019 is Monday night, February 4th, 6pm-9pm. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website or byresponding to this email.
4. Mark your calendars and make plans NOW! Starting on Sunday evenings on February 10th, 2019! Financial Peace University is a proven program that will show you how to master budgeting, pay off debt, build wealth, and give generously! Indicate your interest on your Connect Card on Sunday or by responding to this email!
5. During our Marriage Sermon Series in the new year, Coastal will host a Marriage Conference – Friday & Saturday, February 22-23. Cost $100 per couple/$50 per individual. Meals and Childcare are included. Open to the community. See our website for schedule and deposit details ($50 deposit due January 27th). You can sign up on your Connect Card or from our website online!
P.S. You should be receiving your 2018 Giving Statement from our church sometime next week. If you have any questions about your statement, please contact the office (843-571-1777) and speak with Ashley Hojnacki.