I’ve been chomping at the bit to share this latest video with you from our architect of what we’re going to be building on our campus this year! We’ll be playing it again this Sunday! It should help you to better visualize what we’ve been talking about and what we’re going to be building.
For those of you who are new to Coastal, this past Fall our church participated in a church wide spiritual growth/giving campaign called Daring Faith. At the end of the campaign our church gave the largest single offering in the history of our church – $202,635.80! We also made 3 year commitments totalingover $1.7 million in order to secure a loan to build what you see above. It was truly a MIRACLE! If you would like to be a part of this move of God at our church you can pick up a Daring Faith Magazine & Commitment Card at the kiosk in the back of our auditorium. You can fill out and turn in a Commitment Card anytime. You can also fill one out online here. You can give toward this Campaign anytime by simply designating your giving, “daring faith”. We would love for you to be a part of what God is doing here at Coastal! Help us leave a legacy for future generations!
For those of you who first hand experienced what I’m talking about, participated, and made commitments, I can’t thank you enough for your faithful generosity! We could not do this without you. We have now completed the Design Development Phase with LS3P (our architect) and all of those documents have been submitted to the Builder (Hill Construction) for further development and pricing. We hope to have all construction documents completed and ready to present to the City for permitting in March. I want to ask everyone to keep Hill Construction & LS3P in your prayers as they work together with us to provide exactly what we need at the best price. Also, please begin praying now for the permitting process. Typically, this is a very long and difficult process in Charleston.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We will share any updates as they happen. I’m simply asking you to continue to be faithful in your giving toward Daring Faith. Remember it’s not equal gifts, it’s equal sacrifice. We can’t all give the same amount, but we can all sacrifice. It’s the consistent giving from all of us that together makes a huge IMPACT. I love this verse in 2 Corinthians 8:11, “Now you should finish what you started. Let the eagerness you showed in the beginning be matched now by your giving. Give in proportion to what you have.” Let’s finish what we started and let our eagerness be matched by our giving. By the way, giving electronically is easy, safe, and secure! You can give through our website, our App (yes, we have a FREE App), or TEXT any amount to 843-277-8337! Don’t forget that if you are giving toward our “Daring Faith” Campaign to designate your giving with the keyword, “daringfaith” (all one word, no space). Thank you in advance for your generosity! I hope you’re as excited as I am!
This Sunday I’ll be in part two of our new series, “The New You.” I’ll be talking about specific strategies for intentionally improving your overall physical health and wellness! Don’t miss it! Invite and bring someone to church with you this Sunday!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- Want to feel more comfortable in sharing your story and your faith with the people God puts in your life? Want to feel like you’re ready and prepared to make an IMPACT? Then sign up for our IMPACT Seminar, Sunday night, February 23rd,4pm-7pm at the church. We’ll provide childcare and food! For more information or to sign up, please contact Pastor Chris Jones or respond to this email.
- Attention all LIFE Group Leaders: all final information about the upcoming 2020 Winter/Spring Semester of LIFE Groups must be turned in this weekend toPastor Scott at email@example.com. LIFE Group Leader Training for all LIFE Group Leaders/Assistants/Hosts is either Tuesday, January 21st, 6:30pm-8:30pm or Saturday, January 25th, 10am-Noon (pick one). The new catalog will be in the bulletin on Sunday, January 19th and then LIFE Group Sunday will be Sunday, January 26th! Groups start the week of February 9th.
- New to Coastal? Join us THIS Sunday, January 12th, in the Welcome Center immediately following the 11:15am service for our next Newcomers Reception. This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card. You can also simply respond to this email and let us know that you’re coming.
- For those of you participating in our 100 Day Challenge, today’s reading is Matthew 10. Remember there are 6 components of the 100 Day Challenge, 6 things we are asking you to do (3 are daily – 3 are next steps). Daily: 1. Read Through the 4 Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John – we’re providing the calendar). 2. Memorize 1 Bible verse a week. This weeks verse has been Matthew 6:34. 3. Get Moving. Find an activity or exercise that you can do each day for 100 Days. Next Steps: 1. Take the Next Step In Your Giving. 2. Start Serving. 3. Join A LIFE Group.
- Interested in formalizing your commitment to Coastal and officially making our church, your church family? Our next Membership Class is Saturday, February 8th 9am-12noon. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, your Connect Card,or byresponding to this email.
P.S. You should be receiving your 2019 Giving Statement from our church sometime next week. If you have any questions about your statement, please contact the office (843-571-1777) and speak with Ashley Hojnacki. Your consistent, faithful, generous giving enables our church to make its IMPACT.