First of all, don’t forget this Sunday is a part of Labor Day weekend and we will only be having 2 Sunday morning services – 8:45am and 10:15am.
Even in the rain, LIFE Group Sunday was awesome! I was so proud of all of our LIFE Group Leaders – their booths, the food, their enthusiasm – they really did a great job! Most importantly A TON of poeple signed up for LIFE Groups! Remember, there are 3 ways to sign up, but you only have to sign up one time/one way. You can sign up at the LIFE Group Table in the Welcome Center, you can sign up on your Connect Card, or you can sign up online. Online registration is available here. Most of our LIFE Groups begin the week of September 20th.
Speaking of September 20th, we’re kicking off a new Fall series on that day called “Game On!” Pull out all the stops, do whatever it takes and invite and bring your friends to church! It’s a sports/football theme so wear your favorite team jersey/shirt! The big idea of the series is that God wants to use you! It’s going to be a great series to help prepare our whole church for all of the changes and growth coming with our new facility this Fall.
One of the fun things that we’re doing on that day is having a “Tailgating Competition” on our front lawn! We already have 9 people signed up! We want people to go all out and be as elaborate as possible in rooting for their favorite sports team! It will be a great way to invite and bring our friends and a great way to fellowship and feed people between and after services. Please respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday if you’d like to participate. By the way, pick up as many “Tickets” on Sunday as you need to invite your friends to the 20th!
Here are 5 other things to remember:
- We only need commitments for about another 50 chairs for our new facility. Let us know how many chairs you/your family intend to purchase on your Connect Card. We’re asking everyone to buy a chair for every member of their family and the friends they will invite. Chairs need to be paid in full by the beginning of October. Cost – $50 per chair. Please desginate your gift “chairs.” You can pay for the chairs on Sunday mornings, online, or through TEXTing.
- Our regular Student Ministry 6.2.SIX kicks off the school year with a Back to School Bash on Wednesday night, September 9th! There will be FUN, FOOD, & GAMES! You, your 6th-12th Grade Student, and their friends won’t want to miss it!
- Interested in formalizing your commitment to Coastal and officially becoming a Member of our church family? Our next Membership Class is Monday night, September 14, 6pm-9pm. Childcare and refreshments provided.
- Our last Beach Baptism Service of the year will be on Saturday, September 26th at 11am at Folly Beach County Park. Respond to this email or let us know on your Connect Card if you want to get Baptized.
- Everyone volunteers at Coastal and we always need more volunteers! So, where is your ministry and where do you serve? Like to get involved? Respond to this email and we’ll help you find a place to volunteer.