There are so many exciting things happening on our physical campus right now! As you can see from the picture above, they have now poured the concrete for the new addition to the front of our building. This area will serve as the new “front door” of our church. It will contain our Welcome Center, Cafe, Child Check-in, and Welcome & Guest area. In the days ahead we should expect to see this area start to “go vertical.” And then there are so many things that you can’t see yet. For example, inside the “old building” they have already started to sheet rock the walls of the new classrooms, offices, and hallways. Out back the concrete slab for the new addition (new Coastal Kidz classrooms) has been poured, the walls have been erected, and the trusses for the roof are being installed! Be on the lookout for Facebook LIVE tours and updates! Even if you haven’t joined us in-person on Sunday’s yet, drop by during the week to see all the progress! And none of this would be possible without YOU and your generous, consistent giving!
I’ll be wrapping up our “This Is My Year” series this Sunday with, “This is my year to share my faith.” I hope you’ll join us – in-person or online. On Sunday, February 14th (Valentine’s Day and Janet’s and my 34th Wedding Anniversary!) I’m excited to announce that we’ll be kicking off a brand new series called, “To The Church.” Each week, leading up to Easter, we’ll be looking at Jesus’ letters to the 7 churches in Revelation 2 and 3. What you’ll quickly discover is that not only do these letters have a lot to say to the church of today, but they also speak to you and me as individuals. It’s going to be a powerful series! And since we’re kicking it off on Valentine’s Day, we have a few special treats (and giveaways) during the service! Don’t miss it! This would be a great time for some of you to join us in-person. Mask up and come to the 11:15am service!
Not only are we kicking off a new series on Valentine’s Day, but that’s also the week that the new semester of LIFE Groups begin! Check out all the different Groups and sign up today! I love you Coastal and I love being your Pastor!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
Saturday Serve – The foundation of all of our serving opportunities at Coastal really starts with Saturday Serve – the first Saturday of every month. The next Saturday Serve is THIS Saturday (tomorrow), February 6th. We meet in the Welcome Center/Cafe at 8:30am, project leaders make a “pitch” for their serving opportunity, and then we serve! Make plans NOW to be there!
Soldier’s Angels – We’ll be helping with the Veteran’s Mobile Food Distribution, Tuesday, February 9th, 8am-1pm.
Lowcountry Orphan Relief – Lowcountry Orphan Relief provides support services and aid to meet the needs of Lowcountry children identified as at-risk or suffering from abandonment, abuse and/or neglect. Coastal will be serving there Friday, February 12th, 9am-11am. We meet at 1850 Truxton Ave in North Charleston.
If you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- Every week we rely on lots of volunteers to make Sunday mornings a welcoming experience for everyone who comes. We are always looking to add new volunteers to the areas of: door holders, ushers, parking lot, golf carts, road crossing, and our cafe/coffee bar. If you are interested in serving in any of these areas please email Pastor Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know!
- OUR NEW 2021 WINTER/SPRING LIFE GROUP CATALOG IS NOW AVAILABLE!! As always, there are 3 ways to sign up for a LIFE Group, but you only have to sign up one time/one way. You can sign uponline from our website, on your Connect Card (in-person or online), or at the LIFE Group Tables/Sign-up sheets in the back of the auditorium. We have 23 different LIFE Groups this semester – online and/or in-person Groups, activity Groups, study Groups, and more! There is something for EVERYONE! Make sure you check out our catalog and start signing up today! Unless otherwise indicated in the catalog, all of our Groups begin the week of February 14th. We were created for community, to do LIFE together! We need this – YOU need this! If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Scott Huff – 859-230-5129.
- We’re looking to build our Worship Team! We are looking for gifted vocalists, musicians, and worship leaders to add to our ever-growing worship team! So, if that describes you (or someone you know), if you love to worship and enjoy being a part of a team that grows together in their faith while leading others to worship, then we want to hear from you! Respond to this email or reach out to our band director Christopher Rollins at email@example.com with your interest and any info that would be helpful for us to know about you and your talents. Christopher will respond with the audition process and all the information you will need!
- For our families joining Coastal online, did you know that we offer your children (Pre-School – 5th Grade) a complete online experience as well? On our website you can find supplemental resources for each week’s up-to-date curriculum, including: video lessons, worksheets for each respective age group and a YouTube playlist kids can sing along and worship to. We pray the online programming for Coastal Kidz will help children feel blessed and included as they navigate through the curriculum and as they join alongside their parents during online services. For more information, contact Janet Rollins via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. Coastal’s Annual 40 Day Easter Fast begins Monday, February 22nd and goes through Good Friday, April 2nd! The Easter Fast is where you choose to give up something, deny yourself something to focus on prayer and your relationship with God. It could be caffeine or sugar. It could be social media or tv. It could be time, where you get up 30 minutes earlier each day to read your Bible and pray. You decide. If you are interested in participating, sign up on your Connect Card or respond to this email.