What a great LIFE Group Sunday this past week! Hopefully you’ve signed up for a LIFE Group and heard from your Leader. If you haven’t heard from your Leader yet, I’m sure you will soon. Most Groups start the week of February 7th. If you haven’t signed up for a Group yet, it’s not too late. You only have to sign up one way, one time, but there are 3 different ways to choose from – on your Connect Card, online, or at the LIFE Group Sign up table. Go to our website, check out all the Groups, and sign up today!
I’ve been “laying down the gauntlet” lately about our Marriage Conference, February 12 & 13. The reason I’m so passionate about this is because as the Pastor of Coastal I read the prayer requests week in and week out, I do the counseling, I see the relationships. I’m asking all the married couples of our church to stop making excuses and take advantage of this opportunity. Stop asking God to bless your marriage if you’re not willing work on it and put Him at the center of it. Our marriages need this! I promise you that you’ll have a blast, meet other couples from our church, and enjoy your spouse as together you work on your relationship.
I understand if you have to work or you’re out of town, but don’t let the $100 be a reason not to come. In fact, I’ll say this, if finances are TRULY an issue, pay what you can, when you can, how you can and come to the Conference, no questions asked.
Don’t let children be an excuse for not coming. Start looking for childcare NOW. If it was a priority, you’d figure it out. After all, one of the best gifts we can ever give our children is a great marriage. So, sign up online! Sign up this Sunday on your Connect Card! Or call the office and we’ll sign you up.
We are having a drawing for all those who have registered for the Conference by Sunday, February 7th. The winner will receive the Conference paid in full, a 2 night stay at the Hotel for the Conference, and 2 tickets to the Garth Brooks/Trisha Yearwood Concert! Register NOW!
- The new semester of LIFE Groups is fast on it’s way! Check out our Groups and sign up on your Connect Card on Sudnay, online, or at the LIFE Group Sign up table. Go to our website, check out all the Groups, and sign up today! LIFE Groups begin the week of February 7th!
- Our next Newcomer’s Lunch is Sunday, January 31st immediately after the 3rd Service (approx. 1pm). Sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or online.
- Ready to formally make Coastal your church home? Our next Membership Class is Monday, February 1st, 6-9pm. Childcare & refreshments provided. Sign up on your Connect Card or online.
- On Super Bowl Sunday, February 7th, help us restock our Community Food Pantry by bringing canned goods and non-perishable food items. Note: please remember to check the expiration dates of the food items you bring.
- SAVE THE DATE Coastal and sign up NOW! We’re having a Marriage Retreat/Conference on Friday night, February 12th (6-9pm Dinner included) & Saturday morning, February 13th (8-11:45am Breakfast & Refreshments included) at the newly renovated Doubletree Hotel at the airport exit off of 526. Cost $100 per couple ($50 deposit due January 31st). If you and your spouse would like to stay the night (or 2) at the hotel we have a special room rate of $159 per night for Conference Attendees.
All In! Love Can! Game On!
Pastor Chris – PC
P.S. On February 7, I begin a new sermon series called, “The 7 Deadly Sins.” By the way, can you name them? I’m sure all you former good Catholics can!