I told you “Game On!” was going to be awesome! I can’t thank our Staff and all our Volunteers enough for all their hard work. We have an awesome team at Coastal. It was just a FUN day and everything fit together and communicated the message that it’s not “Game Over”, it’s “Game On!” A special thanks to everyone who Tailgated. You guys went above and beyond! It was definitely something that we will do again. And yes, the votes are in, but you’ll have to wait until Sunday for us to announce the winner.
– Keep inviting and bringing your friends. I love, love, love meeting your friends that you invited! This is a great series for your friends to hear that God has a wonderful plan for their lives.
– LIFE Groups began this week! And from all reports it’s been a great start! It’s still not too late to join a Group. Sign up today on our website.
– I want to thank those of you who donated “bedding stuff” and money to the LOVE CAN Help A Child need this past week. Everything has been taken care of and now has to be delievered and set up. They are going to be meeting at the church at 1pm to take the bedding & supplies to the family. They need a couple of men to help with the moving, loading, and set up. They could also use some help with childcare at the church for the children of the families who will be serving. It all should take about an hour & a half. If you are interested in serving, please call Morgan Verdery at 706-717-0029.
Here are 5 other things to remember:
- Our last Beach Baptism Service of the year will be this Saturday (tomorrow morning), at 11am at Folly Beach County Park. Respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card, or sign up online. We have free parking passes available at church. Come and celebrate with those getting Baptized!
- New to Coastal? Sign up for our next Newcomer’s Lunch – Sunday, October 4th, immediately after the 11:45am service (approx. 1pm). It’s a great opportunity to learn more about Coastal, meet other new people and our staff, enjoy a great meal, and discover possible next steps. Repsond to this email, sign up online, or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday.
- Interested in getting more involved at Coastal? Want to learn the “inside scoop”? Attend our next FUELGathering, Saturday, October 10th, 10am-Noon. Childcare provided. FUEL is for all Ministry Leaders, Volunteers, and anyone interested in serving.
- October is Operation Christmas Child month! Begin collecting toys, games, supplies, etc. that can fit in a shoebox. Also, start gathering your shoeboxes. You can bring your items and shoeboxes to church during the month of October. There will be an insert in the bulletin with more information. Our Packing Party will be at the church on Friday, November 13th, 6:30pm-8:30pm.
- Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade) Winter Retreat, January 15-18th in Pigeon Forge, TN. $175 per student. $75 deposit due November 8th. $100 balance due December 13th. See Michael for more information.
All In! LOVE CAN! Game On!