In spite of all the elements, we had an AWESOME Easter at Coastal! First of all, I can’t say enough about our AWESOME Volunteers! I know I say that all the time, but I mean it. Each one of our teams knocked it out of the park!
I met so many new people! So many Coastal people proudly introduced me to their friends. I saw some “old friends” as well! One couple was simply walking their newborn baby in a stroller on our street, heard the music, and came to church!
Speaking of the music, it was great to have our new Worship Pastor, Michael Wright, lead worship for us! The long weekend we spent together more than confirmed his calling to Coastal!
Tons of prayer requests! Lots of new volunteers! Lots of people recommitted their lives to Jesus! And 3 people came alive as they gave their lives to Jesus! Oh and by the way, we had our largest attendance ever – 651! The best is yet to come Coastal! I love you and I love what we get to do together!
Easter was great and it was something that we will build on, but don’t be discouraged if your friends didn’t come to church. Keep praying! Keep inviting! We are not responsible for their responses. We are responsible for casting seed – so keep casting!
We kick off our new series, “Battlefield” this Sunday! We’re going to be talking about some of the common enemies that we all face in life and discover how we can defeat them. (Our own Allen White did the mural on the stage and the graphic for our website.)
Here are 5 more things I want you to know about:
- Our next Membership Class is next Saturday, May 3rd, 9am-12pm. Childcare and light refreshments provided. Sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or register directly from our website here.
- Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 11th. We’re having a Baby Dedication Service during the 11:45am service on Mother’s Day. If you would like to participate, either respond to this email or indicate on your Connect Card on Sunday. It’s going to be a great day! Lots of gifts and giveaways! Plus we’re going to have a photographer at church taking family photos!
- Coastal Day at the Riverdogs Game! Sunday, May 4th, 5pm. Tickets $10 (Student Ministry Camp fundraiser). Kids eat free! Sign up for your Tickets at the kiosk in the Welcome Center and see Pastor Scott for payment and tickets.
- Don’t miss SERVEFEST on Saturday, May 17th, 9am-Noon, at Coastal. Our Servolution LIFE Group is spearheading an opportunity to serve in many different ways and many different organizations around Charleston. See the insert in your Sunday Bulletin and show up ready to serve on May 17th.
- Our next Newcomers Lunch is Sunday, May 18th, immediately following the 11:45am service. You can sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or right now on our website. Our Newcomer’s Lunch is a great way to meet other new people and our Staff, learn more about Coastal and possible next steps, and enjoy a great meal! Childcare provided.
Always & Forever All In!
P.S. Only 2 services on Memorial Weekend Sunday, May 26th (10:15am & 11:45am). Our next Beach Baptism is Sunday, June 8th, on Folly Beach at 5pm.