We wrap up our “UNDIVIDED” series this coming Sunday. I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed this series. I hope it’s been challenging, convicting, and encouraging. Again, this is simply a start, part of an ongoing conversation, and a commitment not to remain silent, but to continue to speak out about sin and injustice and as always to point people to the love of Jesus and the hope of the Gospel. This Sunday I’ll be talking about the third part of Micah 6:8, to “walk humbly with your God.” I hope you’ll make every effort to join us either in-person (9:30am) or online (9:30am, 11:15am, 6pm) for our service.
Hopefully you’ve heard by now that this Sunday, July 26th, 9:15am-12noon, you are invited to our Coastal Kidz Children’s MinistryOPEN HOUSE at Orange Grove Middle School! Yes, we are still having our 9:30am in-person worship service & Coastal Kidz just like normal on our campus. The Open House will be going on before, during, and after the 9:30am service (again, from 9:15am until 12noon). In fact, even if you haven’t yet joined us for in-person worship, feel free to drop by for the Open House. We’ll be wearing masks and social distancing. This is an opportunity for all Coastal parents and children to see what their classrooms and environments will look like when we begin construction on our new facility.
Now, one of the ways that you can help with this transition, is to join a brand new Ministry Team called “Coastal Kidz Set-Up Team.” Our Set-Up Team will be the people who unload our trailer (located behind Orange Grove) and set up our Coastal Kidz Classrooms and environments on Saturday mornings (at 9am), and then help break down everything and load up the trailer after in-person services on Sunday are over. We are having a Set-Up Team Orientation at Orange Grove Middle School THIS Saturday (TOMORROW), July 25, 8:00am – 11:00am, to learn and practice setting up and breaking down. We’re going to set everything up on Saturday and then leave it up for the Open House on Sunday. If you are interested in serving on this team you can respond to this email or reach out to Janet Rollins – 843-442-8299.
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- Our “Summer Reading” series starts Sunday, August 2nd. “Summer Reading” is another favorite Summer tradition here at Coastal where we pick a group of books for you to read over the Summer, and then the subject matter of each of those books becomes the sermon topic for that particular Sunday. There is a very small number of the books available for purchase (at a discounted price) at the church. Here are all the books and their Amazon link. Don’t forget to come by the church and pick up a FREE copy of “Different.” Happy Reading!
Different by Chris Singleton (pick up your FREE copy at the church)
Hope In The Dark by Craig Groschel Anxious for Nothing by Max Lucado
Relationship Goals by Michael Todd
Unexpected by Christine Caine
Dream Big by Bob Goff
Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles That Can Radically Change Your Family by Paul Tripp
- I know it seems like a long way off, but we are in the process of thinking through and planning for ourFall Semester of LIFE Groups. If you are interested in possibly leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group (in person or online), please sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or respond to this email. If you have any questions you can also reach out to Pastor Scott Huff at email@example.com.
- On Sunday, August 23rd, 5pm out at Folly Beach County Park, we’re having our end of the Summer Beach Baptism! Come out early and make it a fun day for your entire family! If you are interested in being Baptized, simply respond to this email, go to our website and sign up online. Even if you’re not being Baptized, make plans to come out to the beach and celebrate with those who are! Make it a fun day for the whole family!
- Coastal has a new outreach opportunity as we team up with Tri-County Family Ministries in North Charleston. Their mission is to serve those in crisis with food, clothing, or shelter. They meet basic needs and work with their clients to understand the cause of the crisis in their lives and then open the doors to opportunities through an array of onsite programming and extensive referral networks. Coastal will be assisting with their Wednesday Grocery Distribution on Wednesdays, July 29th and August 12th from 9:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Many of Tricounty Family Ministries’ clients are the same people we serve at the North Charleston Tailgate. If you are interested in being a part of this opportunity, sign up on your online Connect Card or reach out to Pastor Chris Jones.
- The Operation Christmas Child “donation of the month” for July are new socks/t-shirts. We are also in need of shoeboxes. You can now drop off all OCC items at church on Sunday mornings or during the week. If you have any questions, please reach out to Teresa Spell.
P.S. If you consider Coastal your church home or if you have been blessed by the ministry of our church, we want to encourage you to continue to be faithful with your generosity. If you would like us to mail you offering envelopes or step you through online giving, please respond to this email or call the church office (843-571-1777). Your weekly gifts are a vital resource that allows us to continue the work that God has called us to do. When you continue to give during this crisis, your gifts allow us to maintain critical ministries that many depend on. Thank you so much for your faithfulness!