Home. There’s nothing else like it. No matter how long it’s been. No matter how far you’ve gone. Nothing compares to coming home. At home your worries are lost, your past is forgotten, your life has hope. At home your mistakes are forgiven, your shortfalls don’t matter, your differences are accepted, your wounds are healed, and your feet can rest. At home you are family. You are safe and you are cherished. You are loved. Welcome home! That’s our theme for Easter at Coastal this year. That’s the title of the series that we’re kicking off Easter weekend – “Welcome Home!” Who do you know that you can start praying for now? Who do you know that you can invite to one of our 7 Easter Services? Who do you know that needs to come home?
Don’t forget about “Saturation Saturday”! On the 3rd Saturday of every month, starting March 21st, we’re encouraging everyone from Coastal to wear your Coastal “IMPACT” t-shirt, engage in some intentional act of kindness in the community, and invite someone to Coastal. We’re going to “saturate” our community with the love of Jesus! Put your creative hats on and start praying now about what you can do.
Saturday Serve is this month (see below), but there are several other serving opportunities: We’ll be at the Veteran Mobile Food Distribution on Friday, March 13th, 8am-12:30pm assisting nearly 200 Veteran families who need food assistance in the Charleston area. On Saturday, March 21st, 9am-12:30pm we’ll be at the Lowcountry Food Bank serving in the warehouse. Interested in serving the elderly & shut-ins in our community? Pastor Chris Jones leads services the first 3 Sundays of every month at local facilities immediately after our services at Coastal.
By the way, this past Sunday 5 people gave their life to Jesus and 3 people decided to get Baptized! Is that awesome or what?! I love you Coastal, and I love what we get to do together!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- Our next Saturday Serve is NEXT Saturday, March 7th! We meet at the church at 8:30am to debrief and then disburse to serve! All projects are typically finished before lunchtime, so it’s not a sacrifice of your entire Saturday. Come make an IMPACT in our community by being the hands and feet of Jesus! If you have any questions about Saturday Serve or ideas for future projects, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- MOPS BINGO NIGHT FUNDRAISER (Women Only Event)! Help raise funds for Coastal’s Mothers of Preschoolers at Bingo Night – Tuesday evening, March 31st at 7pm in the Coastal Auditorium. Doors open at 6:30pm. $10 for a book of 10 Bingo Cards. Amazing raffles and prizes for the winners! Contact Morgan Wessel for details at MOPS@coastalcommunitychurch.org.
- New to Coastal? Join us Sunday, March 15th, in the Welcome Center immediately following the 11:15am service for our next Newcomers Reception. This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card. You can also simply respond to this email and let us know that you’re coming.
- For those of you participating in our 100 Day Challenge, today’s reading is Luke 8. Remember there are 6 components of the 100 Day Challenge, 6 things we are asking you to do (3 are daily – 3 are next steps). Daily: 1. Read Through the 4 Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John – we’re providing the calendar). 2. Memorize 1 Bible verse a week. This week’s verse has been Luke 6:27-28. 3. Get Moving. Find an activity or exercise that you can do each day for 100 Days. Next Steps: 1. Take the Next Step In Your Giving. 2. Start Serving. 3. Join A LIFE Group.
- Coastal’s Annual 40 Day Easter Fast begins this Sunday, March 1st and goes through Good Friday, April 10th! The Easter Fast is where you choose to give up something, deny yourself something to focus on prayer and your relationship with God. It could be caffeine or sugar. It could be social media or tv. It could be time, where you get up 30 minutes earlier each day to read your Bible and pray. You decide. This could be a great companion to our 100 Day Challenge. If you are interested in participating, sign up on your Connect Card or respond to this email.
P.S. On Friday, March 6th (during school hours) we’ll be hosting Oakland Elementary School’s Fun Run on our campus. We’ll need volunteers to man the water station and cheer on the students as they run.