It was so great seeing so many of you in person this past Sunday! Somebody commented that even though some of the elements, extra steps, and procedures were different, it was just nice to have something in their life that was back to “normal.” Now, I wouldn’t say it’s back to “normal” yet, but for me it was definitely nice preaching with people in the room and worshipping with my Coastal family! I appreciate everyone being so flexible and gracious! But again, there are many who are not quite ready for larger in-person gatherings yet. We completely understand and will continue to do what we do online. If you were there in-person on Sunday, you saw some of the improvements we’ve made to enhance our online capabilities (more cameras, better lighting, expanded Tech Booth). By the way, all of those improvements cost money. It is your consistent, generous giving that enables us to do everything we do. So whether you’re with us in-person or online, I want to encourage you to continue to be faithful in your giving.
This Sunday at Coastal is going to be one of those powerful days! For our “At the Movies” series we’re going to use the movie, “Just Mercy” to talk about racism. Chris Singleton, whose mother, Sharonda Coleman Singleton, was murdered by Dylan Roof at Mother Emanuel AME Church here in Charleston on June 17th, 2015, will be our special guest speaker. Spread the word! Invite someone to attend (either online or in-person). If you’re inviting guests, we would strongly encourage you to attend the 11:15am service as it is typically the smaller service.
As I said this past Sunday, the easiest, the simplest, and yet the most effective way to be God’s representatives in this world is through our service. It’s our small acts of love and kindness, done consistently, over time that change the world. And it’s then that we’re most like Jesus. And right now, here at Coastal, we have an opportunity to unite together as one and make an IMPACT in our world through something we call Summer of IMPACT. Click on this link: www.coastalcommunitychurch.org/outreach. Take a look at all the opportunities. Find the project(s) that is right for you and sign up today! Stop complaining about how terrible the world is and actually do something about it. If you want to make a real difference in our community, this is it! I truly believe that everyone who calls Coastal home can sign up for at least one event. Do it today!
I love you Coastal!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- THIS SUNDAY, June 14th, 5pm out at Folly Beach County Park (not The Pier) we’re having our Beach Baptism! Come out early (traffic might be an issue) and make it a fun day for your entire family! If you are interested in being Baptized, simply respond to this email, go to our website and sign up online, or sign up on your Online Connect Card on Sunday. Even if you’re not being Baptized, come on out to the beach and celebrate with those who are! (Please note – parking at the Park without a Gold Pass is $15)
- New to Coastal? Join us on Saturday morning, June 27th, at 9am for an ONLINE Zoom Newcomers Meeting that we’re calling “Coffee with Coastal.” Join us virtually from the comfort of your own home to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people, and discover next steps. RSVP online or on your Connect Card. You can also simply respond to this email and let us know that you’ll be attending (we will send you the Zoom link).
- Did you know that Coastal has a YouTube Channelwhere you can watch all of our past services – complete with worship & sermons? Check it out and subscribe today! Our YouTube Channel is going to be a great place to post new construction updates when our building gets started.
- On Friday night, June 19th at 8:30pm we’re going to show a FREE movie on the lawn on a giant screen! The movie we’re showing is the Disney/Pixar movie “Onward.” Bring your blanket or lawn chairs and enjoy the evening with your family! Bring your own drinks and snacks – the church will provide FREE hotdogs and Kona Ice (come out at 8pm to claim your spot and get your food)!
- The Operation Christmas Child “donation of the month” are balls, soccer balls, pumps. You can now drop off OCC items at church on Sunday mornings or during the week. And make sure that you sign up for all the OCC events during “Summer of IMPACT”. If you have any questions, please reach out to Teresa Spell.
P.S. Interested in officially making Coastal your church family! Sign up for the next Membership Class! And for our next Membership Class, we’re going to do something we’ve never done before – we’re going to offer BOTH a virtual online & in-person Membership class simultaneously! It’s going to be Saturday morning, July 11th, 9am-11:30am. You can sign up on your Connect Card on Sundays or right now from our website.