So, Easter Weekend is just 3 weeks away! I say Easter Weekend because we are having 5 services over 2 days – Saturday night, April 20th, 5pm & 6:30pm, and then we’re having 3 services on Sunday, April 21st, 8:30am, 10am, 11:30am. We’re kicking off a brand new series called, “This Is Jesus.” Above is a look at the front of our postcard that will be going out to all of West Ashley, James Island, & John’s Island. It has a “This is Us” (the popular TV show) feel. The idea is – this is Jesus in and through US here at Coastal. I like it. I hope you do too!
I want to thank everyone who took Easter Tickets this past Sunday to give away. We’ll have more this Sunday. Take as many as you need! And then next weekend we’ll have 200 Yard Signs available. We need people who will put them in their yards and in strategic places around town with a lot of visibility. The signs this year simply say, “EasterAtCoastal.com.” It’s our Easter Landing Page were you can see all the info about our 5 identical Easter services, and you’ll have a chance to let us know which service you and your friends will be attending.
If you haven’t already done so, please go to our Facebook Event page and let us know which Easter Service you’re attending. Start sharing that page, so that it shows up on your feed and your friends see it and know you’re attending. It’s great FREE advertising!
Remember, at Coastal we work and serve and love and share and invite like it all depends on us. We pray like it all depends on God. We walk by faith, trust God with the results, and celebrate the outcome!
Make sure you mark next Saturday, April 6th on your calendar. It’s our next SATURDAY SERVE! It’s the first Saturday of every month. We meet at the church at 8:30am to debrief and then disburse to serve! Come make an IMPACT in our community by being the hands and feet of Jesus! There is always something for the whole family! And PLEASE, invite and bring someone to serve with you! If you have any questions about Saturday Serve or ideas for future service opportunities, please contact Chris Jones at 843-870-4613 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
1. This Saturday (TOMORROW MORNING), March 30th, at 10am there is a Security Team Meeting in the 1st-5th Grade Auditorium of the old building. This meeting is for all current Security Team members and anyone interested in joining the Team. If you have any questions about this Ministry please contact Bryan Miller – 843-296-2991. Help us create a safe environment at Coastal so that we can share and experience the LIFE & LOVE of Jesus with Charleston and world!
2. New to Coastal? Join us THIS COMING Sunday, March 31st in the Welcome Center, immediately following the 11:15am service for our next Newcomers Reception. This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP online.
3. As a part of our “Be The Church” series we’re really encouraging those of you who have not yet taken the step, to formalize your commitment to Coastal and officially make our church, your church family! Our next Membership Class is Saturday morning, April 13th, 9am-12noon. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, your Connect Card,or byresponding to this email.
4. As a part of our new series “Be the Church”, we’re having a “Ministry Fair” on Sunday, April 7th! We’ll have a giant tent outside on our property where you’ll have an opportunity to visit different booths representing all the different Ministries of Coastal. And most importantly, you’ll have a chance learn more about them and sign up to volunteer!
5. With 5 Easter Services this year at Coastal it’s ALL HANDS ON DECK! In other words, we need everyone serving and volunteering at MULTIPLE SERVICES! Check in with your LIFE Team Leader and go ahead and sign up now. If you are not yet serving, you can indicate your interest on your Connect Card THIS SUNDAY and we will help you find a place to serve God by serving others!
P.S. If you would like your family to participate in the Baby/Child Dedication on Mother’s Day, May 12th, sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or respond to this email. Please include the child’s full name, parent’s name, and the service you will be attending – 9:30am or 11:15am. Baby/Child Dedications are a special time in the life of the family where you are making a commitment to raise your child in a Christian home. It’s also a time for the church to make a commitment to do all that we can to support and encourage parents in their journey.