Due to weather concerns (rain), the Outdoor Christmas Party has been postponed one week to next Saturday, December 8th. If you have already prepared food, please freeze it at home for use next weekend (storage at the church is extremely limited). Donations (food, blankets, hats, & gloves) for next week’s event can be dropped off at the church during the day on Friday, 12/7 or on Saturday morning, 12/8. However, we are still having our normal SATURDAY SERVE tomorrow morning at 8:30am! We will be: 1. Volunteering at the Lowcountry food bank. 2. Preparing and delivering meals for S.C Strong and My Sister’s House. 3. Making handmade paper wreaths and cards for nursing home residents (great project for children). So again, Saturday Serve is still on, but the Outdoor Christmas Party has been postponed one week. If you have any questions, please contact Chris Jones at Jonescg73@gmail.com or 843-870-4613.
I’d like to thank those of you who have already started to give toward our Annual Christmas Offering. Remember, every gift counts and every gift matters! However you choose to give, simply use the keyword, “Christmas.” Our goal is $60,000! The offering will be used for our Student Ministry (Winter Retreat expenses), Children’s Ministry (VBS & Facilities), and our Missions/Outreach (Summer of IMPACT, Saturday Serve, Oakland, Peru). You can give using the Offering Envelope, you can give online from our website, you can give from our church app, or you can simply TEXT any amount to 843-277-8337. Just remember to use the keyword, “Christmas.”
And speaking of Christmas, we begin our new Christmas series called, “Carols.” Each week we will sing a Christmas Carol/Hymn in church and then use that song to talk about the Christmas story and make application to our lives. Don’t miss it! And as always, invited and bring a friend! People are very open to coming to church during the Christmas season.
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
1. LAST CHANCE MEMBERSHIP CLASS!Don’t let 2018 go by without officially making Coastal Community Church YOUR church family! The last Membership Class of 2018 is Saturday (tomorrow) morning, December 1st, 9am-12noon. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our websiteor byresponding to this email.
2. New to Coastal? Join us Sunday, December 2nd in the Welcome Center, immediately following the 11:15am service for our Newcomers Reception. This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card.
3. The Red Cross Mobile Blood Bank will FINALLY be at Coastal Community Church on Tuesday, December 4th from 2pm-7pm. What we need you to do: Sign up online! Go to www.redcrossblood.org and use sponsor code: Coastal. You will then choose a time that fits your schedule and create an account. On the day of the event, please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment. Bring your ID and make sure you’ve had plenty of food and water the day of. FYI: To donate blood, you must be in good general health, weigh at least 110 pounds, and be at least 16 years old. Every 2 seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood. It is essential for surgeries, cancer treatment, chronic illnesses, and traumatic injuries. Your donation can save up to 3 lives! Come and give blood and make an IMPACT!
4. Our Coastal Kidz Children’s Ministry is kicking off a brand new curriculum December 16, and all volunteers, including assistants and student volunteers, need to go through a Training Session. The final available session is offered on Saturday, December 8th, 10am-12noon. Please RSVP on your Connect Card or respond to this email.
5. We are in the planning stages of the Spring Semester of LIFE Groups! If you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting, please sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or respond to this email. LIFE Group Sunday will be January 27th and LIFE Groups will begin the week of February 10th.
P.S. Along with regular Sunday morning services on Sunday, December 23rd, we’ll have special Christmas Eve Services on Monday, December 24th at 5:30pm & 7pm. There will be a special PJ’s & Pizza Party for Children ages Birth-5th Grade during both services in the Coastal Kidz Building.