We’ll be wrapping up our “Simple Life” series this Sunday. Go ahead and read Luke 10:38-42 in preparation for this week’s message. In May, we kick off a series entitled, “Amazing Grace.” Many people think they have an understanding of grace, “It’s God’s gift to me. I know I don’t work my way to heaven.” But then they don’t live it. In fact, they constantly think that God disapproves of them. And even though they know they’re not saved by their efforts, they’re constantly trying to appease God. Maybe you can relate. You get up thinking, “God’s mad at me.” Some of you think of God as this unpleasable parent saying, “It’s not good enough. Can’t you do any better.” He’s got this constant scowl on His face thinking, “Come on! Get your act together. When are you going to start doing right?” You have this constant sense of condemnation and that’s why you struggle getting to know God and having a relationship with Him, because you think He’s angry at you.
In this new series, I want you to not just understand grace; I want you to feel it. Maybe for the first time in your life, I want you to feel loved by God, to feel and experience the unconditional grace of God. There are many, many definitions of grace. Grace is like a multi-faceted diamond. It has many different sides and shapes. And so each week, during May we’ll be looking at a different aspect of God’s Amazing Grace.
- Interested in officially making Coastal your church home? Our next Membership Class is THIS Monday night, April 30th, 6-9pm. Childcare and refreshments provided. You can sign up online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or respond to this email.
- Our next “Saturday Serve” is Saturday, May 5th (the first Saturday of every month)! Meet at the church at 8:30am, learn about some awesome service opportunities, pray, and GO SERVE!
- If you would like your family to participate in the Baby/Child Dedication on Mother’s Day, May 13th, sign up on your Connect Card or respond to this email. Please include the child’s full name and the service you will be attending – 9:30am or 11:15am.
- Attention all LIFE Group Leaders & LIFE Team Leaders (and spouses): our End of the Semester Celebration/Party is Friday night, May 18th, 6:30pm-8:30pm! Dinner & childcare provided! Don’t miss it! If you lead a Life Group or a Ministry, this is a great opportunity to celebrate all that God has done and to plan for the future! Please RSVP!
- Mark your calendars and save this date – Coastal’s VBS this year is Monday, July 16th – Friday, July 20th, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. The theme is Shipwrecked – Rescued by Jesus! REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN – www.coastalcommunitychurch.org/VBS! Spread the word and register today! We also need wrapping paper tubes (don’t throw them away) donated NOW for VBS decorations. Drop them off at the Coastal Kidz Child Check-In area.
P.S. Digital Giving allows you to give as God blesses you. There are multiple ways to give digitally at Coastal. You can , our App, or TEXT any amount to 843-277-8337! It’s simple, safe, secure, and convenient! Give it a try today!