Okay Coastal – Easter Weekend is here! The first of our 4 Easter Services STARTS TONIGHT at 7pm – Good Friday! Think about this. While you were asleep last night/early this morning, 2000 years ago Jesus was captured in the Garden and condemned to die by the Jewish leaders who hated him. As you were waking up Jesus was being shuffled back and forth between Pilate and Herod for even more trials and abuse. While you were getting dressed, the Roman soldiers were brutally beating Him and putting thorns on His head. By the time you were on your way to work He was on his way to the cross. Satan was laughing. Satan was convinced that he won. It was Friday. . . but here’s the GOOD NEWS – Sunday was coming! Can’t wait to celebrate that with you and your family this weekend – tonight, 7pm; Sunday, 8am, 9:30am, 11:15am.
It’s still not too late to make that call, send that email or text, walk across the street, and invite someone to church for this weekend! You never know the power of a simple invitation. 37 years ago a friend from school invited me to church. I ended up giving my life to Christ and committing to full-time Christian ministry! Simply put, it changed my life! Who do you know that needs Jesus?
A few other quick reminders about Easter at Coastal: Parking & Seating really is important on Big Services like Easter. Please, please park as far away as possible and sit to the front and center of each section. And COME EARLY – with more people, everything will take more time. And with more people and more time, make sure you’re even more gracious, kind, loving, and helpful to everyone! FREE Kona Ice and Jump Castles will be available at all 4 services.
Good Friday’s 5:
- It’s still not to late to get BAPTIZED OVER EASTER WEEKEND! At Coastal, we’re ready any service and any Sunday for you to be Baptized! But if you’ve been waiting for that “little push”, why not do it over the Easter Weekend? Simply respond to this email – just let us know which service.
- Big Days like Easter also mean extra expenses. At Coastal, among other things, that means advertising & outreach (direct mail, digital marketing, extra supplies, etc.). Make a commitment to give above and beyond over the Easter weekend. You can , our App, or TEXT any amount to 843-277-8337!
- Attention all parents and volunteers, as you start to make your Summer plans, mark your calendars and save this date – Coastal’s VBS this year is Monday, July 16th – Friday, July 20th, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. The theme is Shipwrecked – Rescued by Jesus!
- Our next Newcomer’s Reception is Sunday, April 15th, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and pizza are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website or simply by responding to this email now. This is a great opportunity for anyone new to Coastal to meet our Staff, our Ministry Leaders, and learn more about Coastal! It’s a great introduction to Coastal!
- Looking for a way to serve our community and make an IMPACT? Come and be a part of Saturday Serve! Saturday Serve meets the first Saturday of every month (the next one is April 7th) at 8:30am in the Old Welcome Center (in the old building). They explain all the different opportunities that day, pray, and then send everyone off. For more information or to share any ideas or to be added to a “Saturday Serve” Group, contact Kiersten Brown 918-798-7299 or email@example.com. You can also visit our website each month to check out the different areas of service: https://coastalcommunitychurch.org/connect/missions-outreach/.
He Is Not Here, He is RISEN!
P.S. There are a couple of great opportunities to gather over the weekend to pray for all of our services and the people coming! Today (Friday) at 1pm our Super Service Friday Team will be having a Guided Prayer Walk around our building/campus. And on Saturday at 6pm our Prayer Team will gather for a time of prayer. Both opportunities are open to anyone!