I hope you’re enjoying our series on David, “After God’s Heart”, as much as I am! We’re really just hitting the highlights of his life. There’s so much written about David that we could spend a year just talking about his life. This Sunday, we’ll be talking about the second most famous story that David is known for (after killing Goliath) – the story of David and Bathsheba. Feel free to read ahead – 2 Samuel 11 & Psalm 51.
I can’t thank everyone enough for already bringing items for Operation Christmas Child! Our goal is HUGE this year – 500 BOXES! So keep it coming – we’ve got a long way to go to reach our goal! Bring any toys that will fit in a shoe box (no perishables, liquids, used items, candy, or toys associated with war or fighting) to the church on Sunday morning or during the week until Sunday November 5th. Our Wrapping & Packing Party will be Friday, November 10th, 6pm. You can also donate money directly to the church to be used to purchase toys. Simply designate your offering envelope, check, or text – “occ”.
I’m getting so excited for our ONE Service & Party on Sunday, November 19th – ONE Big Combined Service and ONE Big Party to celebrate 52 people already giving their life to Christ this year! The service time is 9:30am. Trust me, you’re not going to want to miss this service! We’re going to CELEBRATE Coastal Style! Immediately after the service, we’re going to feed you! There will be Barbeque (of course), fried chicken, mac & cheese, red rice, and CAKE! Make plans to be there and most importantly, invite & bring a friend to join you! It’s going to be AWESOME! Oh and feel free to bring lawn chairs, corn hole, frisbee, and enjoy the day with your Coastal friends & family!
Ministry Opportunity Spotlight:
Today, I’d like to highlight our Monday Morning Follow Up Team & our Super Service Friday Team! The Monday Team meets at the church on Mondays from 9-11am. The Friday Team meets at the church on Fridays from 10:30am-12:30pm. Both of these Teams are essential to accomplishing what we do on Sundays! They help with data entry, writing notes, deconstructing bulletins, and making sure everything is ready for Sunday. If you’re interested in serving, simply respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday, or reach out to Rachel Speer, our Adminstrative Assistant, at 501-940-0293 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re a mom with small children, we’ll even provide Child Care (just let us know the ages and number of children).
- If you’d like to help NOW with Operation Christmas Child, please see Teresa Spell. There are shoe boxes to wrap and other various things that need to be done in preparation for the Wrapping & Packing Party. You can email her at TeresaSpel@aol.com or call her at 843-442-4555.
- The WAVES Student Ministry Silent Auction & Spaghetti Dinner will be Friday, November 17th, 6:30pm-8:30pm. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased from our students or Ryan Spell. All the proceeds go to the Winter Retreat. The reason you need to know about it now is that Ryan needs to start collecting a list of goods/services/items that you might be willing to donate for the auction. If you have something to donate (goods, services, items, trips, memorabilia), you can sign up on your Connect Card, email email@example.com, or give him a call at 843-442-8985.
- Several dates to put on your calendar: Time Change Sunday is Nov. 5th (clocks “fall back” on Saturday, Nov. 4th). ONE Combined Service on Sunday, Nov. 19th at 9:30am (ONE Party). One Combined Service on Sunday, Nov. 26th at 9:30am (Thanksgiving Weekend). And for all you planners, we’re having 2 Family Style Christmas Eve Services on Sunday, December 24th at 5:30pm & 7pm (no Sunday morning services).
- Pastor Chris & Pastor Scott are leading a Trip to the Holy Land next year! The dates are November 5-14, 2018. The cost is $4200 (could be less depending on how many people go). If you are interested in going, there will be an information meeting immediately after church on Sunday, November 12th in the 1st-5th Grade auditorium. You can also learn more about the trip by visiting this link: http://www.maranathatours.com/Diamond-Nov-2018-Israel
- WAVES FRIDAY TAKEOVER, TONIGHT, October 27th, 6-9pm at Coastal. Costumes are HIGHLY encouraged! Best Costume will win a prize! Dinner, Candy, and Games! Invite and bring friends!
P.S. Be on the lookout for information about our Annual Christmas Offering!